Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Local High School Star

Default Re: Frank Kaminsky, Top 5 pick??

Who doesn't love a goofy looking white guy on their team, I say lottery

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    He's good on offense in college, and poor defensively.

How well is that going to translate to the NBA.

He'll get pushed around by centers, he'll get blown past by power forwards. Basketball is a two way street. He's not strong.

Like I said, I think he's one of those guys who really benefits from the height advantage in college.

Cody Zeller?
    It all depends on where he ends up.

1) If he's on our team, where we're gonna have Giannis and Jabari constantly attacking or posting up, an offense where we love spacing and ball movement, he'll fit right in. If it was an iso-offense like OKC, he'd struggle. But I truly believe Frank can become a very good offensive player with us under Kidd. Not a star, but a rock solid starter for years.

2) His defense is weak primarily because of his physical limitations, and there we have to consider that NBA training is completely different. He'll be getting pro level nutritionists, physical trainers, etc. The dude is still 21 going on 22, he's not a finished product physically. I'm willing to bet he gets stronger and more explosive going forward. He's never gonna be Shaq but I wouldn't expect him to make zero improvements physically..

And anyways, Kidd has a way of making bad defensive players look decent. Our defense is swarming on the perimeter, it's not like we're running an early 2000s Spurs defense where we funnel everything into our bigs. Also, Giannis has the potential to be a game wrecker on defense at the 4, I've seen him lock up wings like Joe Johnson one game, and swat bigs like Zbo the next. He's a monster help defender at both forward spots, and could take a big amount of pressure off Frank as a rim protector.

Also, who are the centers that are gonna abuse the matchup? Cousins is literally the only one I can think of, and it's not like it matters because Cousins is problem for everyone. Dwight is not the same player he used to be, Marc isn't a dominant offensive weapon, there just aren't dominant centers who teams will go to in order to exploit Frank's defense.

Unbelievably poor man's Dirk

He's not even worth to be a top 10 pick in this draft. The Knicks needs to disband if they draft him as a top 3 pick in the 2015 NBA Draft.

okafor is a worse defender. but he isnt white

Russell
    Towns
    Mudiay
    wCS
    Looney
    Okafor

No chance Kaninsky is top 5 worthy. Decker will likely go ahead of frank. I'm w the masses here that he may be a late lotto pick.

Make note saying Frank isn't a top 5 pick means he can't be solid in the NBA. I'm just saying as others there are better prospects than Frank. Just facts.

he'll be a rich man's ryan kelly

he wont be able to post up against nba big men, he'll be a spot up shooter, who can put the ball on the floor if you close out to strong, but hes not lights out from 3.

i wouldnt take him in the top 10, but probably in the lottery.