Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Video Game Collecting thread

I've been buying a lot of games this year.. earlier this year I finally completed my USA official release Turbo Grafx 16/Turbo CD/Turbo Duo set.. all 94 hucards and 44 CD/SCD games... took me 24 years to do!
    I'm getting close to completing my Sega Master System set now..
    I've also been buying ALOT of Dreamcast games, a lot of them are really cheap now.. I'm not going for a full set, but right now, I'm at just over 200 games..

with NES, I've been buying random cheap games here and there..

here's a couple pics of the shelves..

the Turbo Grafx/PC Engine shelf

the Dreamcast shelf
    Last edited by Sonic R; 09-20-2014 at 12:06 PM.

Nice one Sonic.

I picked up a few more VG/NM SNES games. Got Super Castlevania 4 ($90), Super Mario All-Stars ($40), and X-Men: Mutant Apocalypse ($30). Approaching 50 games now in just a couple months.

Finally picked up Nintendo Power Magazine 1994 set. I now have 1992 through 1996, which pretty much covers the entire life of the SNES.

NBA lottery pick

Picked up a couple game the other day.

-The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse
    -Secret of Mana
    -Space Channel 5

I'd like to try and grab some more games for my dreamcast, don't got many right now.

NBA lottery pick

Got Skied of Arcadia for dreamcast couple days ago. Payed 90 which is quite a bit but I've always wanted it.

NBA lottery pick

Picked up a copy of Rule of Rose for $5. Was among a bunch of ps2 games a dude was selling for 5 a piece.

NBA lottery pick

Currently contemplating a Sega Saturn someone is selling near me. Price is a little high though.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic R
    I've been buying a lot of games this year.. earlier this year I finally completed my USA official release Turbo Grafx 16/Turbo CD/Turbo Duo set.. all 94 hucards and 44 CD/SCD games... took me 24 years to do!
    I'm getting close to completing my Sega Master System set now..
    I've also been buying ALOT of Dreamcast games, a lot of them are really cheap now.. I'm not going for a full set, but right now, I'm at just over 200 games..

with NES, I've been buying random cheap games here and there..

here's a couple pics of the shelves..

the Turbo Grafx/PC Engine shelf

the Dreamcast shelf
    Just picked up a TurboDuo for $80, now I need to figure out what games to get for it.

Banned

this is an old thread but do those hyperkins play the actual cartridge or load the rom that's already on the device like some of those consoles do? Wish I could collect games but don't have the space, have a small collection for my master system and n64 but that's about it.

I've got one of these for playing older roms, handles up to dreamcast well

http://www.jxdofficial.com/jxd-s7800...e-console.html

I collect pinball machines though but the space and price means it's always a rotating line up of having to sell one to bring in another which sucks.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by outbreak
    this is an old thread but do those hyperkins play the actual cartridge or load the rom that's already on the device like some of those consoles do? Wish I could collect games but don't have the space, have a small collection for my master system and n64 but that's about it.

I've got one of these for playing older roms, handles up to dreamcast well

http://www.jxdofficial.com/jxd-s7800...e-console.html

I collect pinball machines though but the space and price means it's always a rotating line up of having to sell one to bring in another which sucks.
    Have you heard of a raspberry pi? I have a raspberry pi 2 loaded with pretty much every Sega, snes, Sony PlayStation 1 and gba game. Also n64 but they're still working out the bugs.

It's about the size of a wallet and can be used with xbox controllers. Works great, does take a bit of tweaking and technical knowledge to work out though.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Ai2death
    Have you heard of a raspberry pi? I have a raspberry pi 2 loaded with pretty much every Sega, snes, Sony PlayStation 1 and gba game. Also n64 but they're still working out the bugs.

It's about the size of a wallet and can be used with xbox controllers. Works great, does take a bit of tweaking and technical knowledge to work out though.
    Yeah ive used them. I like the jxd because its a handheld. Ive got full romsets of most systems on my media pc hooked up to my tv too but i normally just use the hand held

NBA lottery pick

Some recent additions to the collection.