Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    College superstar

let's all keep jockriding Nate for what he did to Carmelo. Oh wait, he didn't do anything did he? He was trying to run up on Melo and sucker punch him most likely, considering how come to a quick ass stop as soon as Melo spotted him.
    Last edited by DatZNasty; 12-17-2006 at 11:54 AM.

Learning to shoot layups

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kumquat
    LMAO!

High School Varsity 6th Man GoldNugg21's Avatar

Incidents like this just show the general immaturity of nba fans. First there's Melo the poster, who has shown himself to be a straight up fool. Everything you say puts a bad light on Melo you tard. Then there's all the "omg he ran like a puss, he's not a man, he broke man laws" people. Did it ever occur to you that when there's millions of dollars on the line, not to mention publicity and so on, staying there and getting in a full blown fist fight would be the stupidest thing you could do? And then there's people calling it a cheap shot, when its obvious there were heated words between the two in the moments before the punch.

Melo made a mistake, he'll get his suspension, and move on. So will the smarter fans. But from what I've seen most everyone who posted in this thread will harp on this for years to come as Melo shreds the league.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldNugg21
    Incidents like this just show the general immaturity of nba fans. First there's Melo the poster, who has shown himself to be a straight up fool. Everything you say puts a bad light on Melo you tard. Then there's all the "omg he ran like a puss, he's not a man, he broke man laws" people. Did it ever occur to you that when there's millions of dollars on the line, not to mention publicity and so on, staying there and getting in a full blown fist fight would be the stupidest thing you could do? And then there's people calling it a cheap shot, when its obvious there were heated words between the two in the moments before the punch.

Melo made a mistake, he'll get his suspension, and move on. So will the smarter fans. But from what I've seen most everyone who posted in this thread will harp on this for years to come as Melo shreds the league.
    co-sign everything in this post.

this is ridiculous.

Melo is a straight up Girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. V

And then there's people calling it a cheap shot, when its obvious there were heated words between the two in the moments before the punch.
    It was a cheap shot. Words were exchanged and neither took a swing. Just talk, chest bumping, people golding and pushing one another back...then Melo pretends to do more jawing and sucker punches Mardy. Then instantly backs up because he doesnt want the favor returned. No excuse or defense for what Melo did. Accept that.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    It was a cheap shot. Words were exchanged and neither took a swing. Just talk, chest bumping, people golding and pushing one another back...then Melo pretends to do more jawing and sucker punches Mardy. Then instantly backs up because he doesnt want the favor returned. No excuse or defense for what Melo did. Accept that.
    i dont get why he gets flamed for "not wanting the favor returned".

is the idea of punching someone to actually receive the honor of getting one in return? no.

if thats a cheap shot then that means the first punch in every fight throughout history has been a cheap shot. someone has to throw the first punch

The way people are describing it, you would think Melo just wailed on someone who isn't looking, which would obviously be a cheap shot. What happened falls nowhere close to that, or to being a cheap shot as most people would describe.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsh
    i dont get why he gets flamed for "not wanting the favor returned".

is the idea of punching someone to actually receive the honor of getting one in return? no.
    If I punch you in the mouth at ISH first annual BBQ and I run behind a picnic table afterwards that is a punk move and you'll think so when people hold you back and stop a fight from taking place. You're not gonna sit there with a broken jaw and be spoonfed by oldschooladidas. You're gonna be pissed.

Anyone who throws a punch will either throw more or if its one punch they will back up enough to create some distance. I break your jaw at the BBQ I'll back up some to see what you're next move is. If its to engage in a fight I'm gonna piece you like a meal at KFC. There is no honor of hitting a man then running to the vollyball court. There is no honor in hitting a man and running around cars "leave me lone, leave me lone...its over stop playing. leave me lone".

if thats a cheap shot then that means the first punch in every fight throughout history has been a cheap shot. someone has to throw the first punch
    A cheap shot is what Melo did. He threw the first punch then ran. Its a punch no one expects but you do it and then run. Melo after his first punch didnt want to throw another punch the rest of the night. WHY? Because he got his hit in on Mardy, embarrassed him and then he wants to bask in glory afterwards. Get real. You dont punch someone and run. If you dont wanna stand there because a bigger fight would develop. If you dont wanna stand there because u dont wanna get hit back with this final fintasy 6 notion of "my shields on ur not gonna get a hit on meeeeee". Then keep your hands to yourself.

T.Owens pulled a punk move spitting in D.Hall's face. You're gonna defend that too or no because Melo isnt in your avatar?

If I punch you in the mouth at ISH first annual BBQ and I run behind a picnic table afterwards that is a punk move and you'll think so when people hold you back and stop a fight from taking place. You're not gonna sit there with a broken jaw and be spoonfed by oldschooladidas. You're gonna be pissed.

Anyone who throws a punch will either throw more or if its one punch they will back up enough to create some distance. I break your jaw at the BBQ I'll back up some to see what you're next move is. If its to engage in a fight I'm gonna piece you like a meal at KFC. There is no honor of hitting a man then running to the vollyball court. There is no honor in hitting a man and running around cars "leave me lone, leave me lone...its over stop playing. leave me lone".

A cheap shot is what Melo did. He threw the first punch then ran. Its a punch no one expects but you do it and then run. Melo after his first punch didnt want to throw another punch the rest of the night. WHY? Because he got his hit in on Mardy, embarrassed him and then he wants to bask in glory afterwards. Get real. You dont punch someone and run. If you dont wanna stand there because a bigger fight would develop. If you dont wanna stand there because u dont wanna get hit back with this final fintasy 6 notion of "my shields on ur not gonna get a hit on meeeeee". Then keep your hands to yourself.

T.Owens pulled a punk move spitting in D.Hall's face. You're gonna defend that too or no because Melo isnt in your avatar?
    Again, it's not like this was a bar fight. Maybe "running" (backpedeling away from a furious Jeffries) makes it a ***** move in a bar fight, but to stand there in this situation would be downright idiocy, and I'll gaurentee that what he did after the punch was alot better than anything else he could have done. And if a punch in the middle of a brawl is unexpected, so is any punch save in a boxing match.

Mardy Collins was the one who did a cheap shot to JR Smith. After the fight was over JR Smith said "that's the first time I ever seen the dude", so he deserved it when Carmelo hit him.

Decent playground baller joe lucky's Avatar

Agree w/ most posters here. While most people respect the fact that Melo was probably aware of the fact that an escalated fight would likely land him a lengthy ass suspension its the way he acted not the reasoning for his actions that everyone has a problem with.

The way he reacted was this: he threw a really puss "punch" that landed squarely on Mardy's jaw, saw Mardy's hand fly in the air and immediately threw his head back like he was dodging Mike Tyson, and immediately started skipping backwards not even waiting to see what Mardy would do. Jeffries running at him was bad but Melo was already running well before Jared even came at him. The way he reacted is almost the definition of being a coward.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAEMoreira022
    Mardy Collins was the one who did a cheap shot to JR Smith. After the fight was over JR Smith said "that's the first time I ever seen the dude", so he deserved it when Carmelo hit him.
    He did a dirty play within the game. Whats your point? Seems you dont have one.

Again, it's not like this was a bar fight. Maybe "running" (backpedeling away from a furious Jeffries) makes it a ***** move in a bar fight, but to stand there in this situation would be downright idiocy, and I'll gaurentee that what he did after the punch was alot better than anything else he could have done. And if a punch in the middle of a brawl is unexpected, so is any punch save in a boxing match.
    He wasnt running from Jeffries. WATCH the replay. Why are Nuggets and Knicks fans seeing two different things is beyond me. Melo STRUCK Mardy then backpeddeled. Jeffries wasnt nowhere close to getting to Melo until the 3pt line. Replay exposes everything.

What he did after the punch was run. If thats better from a perspective of "the potential of more games not being added on to a suspension" is what you're lookin at? Fine. But he threw a punch which was uncalled for...so the whole theory of the smart thing to do was to run is out of the window. Melo took it to a bar fight, a street fight. Then wants to go back to the NBA after he got his hit in. Thats punk stuff.