Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote Originally Posted by Tarik One
    Because he has glaring weaknesses. Weaknesses which hurt the Bulls on the offensive end. He is a slasher and wide open shooter, that's it. He's got no mid-range game and cannot beat opponents off the dribble. Whenever he attempts to drive and dish it out midstride, he turns it over just as much as he does getting the pass off.

Tell me I'm wrong
    You're wrong.

He makes almost no mistakes. Great defender, can create, can draw the foul, can run the fast break, big body, gets boards, and rarely turns over the ball

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspah
    You're wrong.

He makes almost no mistakes. Great defender, can create, can draw the foul, can run the fast break, big body, gets boards, and rarely turns over the ball
    ^does not watch Deng
    Last edited by Go Getter; 11-17-2013 at 01:06 AM.

Because he isn't a legit all-star caliber player. If anything he's overrated. He got gifted an all-star selection in one season he probably didn't deserve. He's an overrated defender, decent slasher, not particularly athletic and nothing more than an open jump shooter. He doesn't do work off mid range. Others have to make plays for him to get open. He can't create, he can't score at a high level. So why would he need to be more respected? He gets the appropriate amount of credit.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaspah
    You're wrong.

Create how?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Because he isn't a legit all-star caliber player. If anything he's overrated. He got gifted an all-star selection in one season he probably didn't deserve. He's an overrated defender, decent slasher, not particularly athletic and nothing more than an open jump shooter. He doesn't do work off mid range. Others have to make plays for him to get open. He can't create, he can't score at a high level. So why would he need to be more respected? He gets the appropriate amount of credit.
    I agree. Deng is a good player. On a championship team hed be the fourth best guy.

Quote Originally Posted by 97 bulls
    I agree. Deng is a good player. On a championship team hed be the fourth best guy.
    Totally agree. 3rd or 4th option at best on a real championship team. Pretty confident that Jimmy Butler already is on Deng's level and can still improve. He's a natural SF. We really need a legit SG on this team. I love Hinrich, and he can defend SGs ... hell he can even create at times, just not at a high consistent level. But you give this team a legit SG, move Jimmy B to the 3 spot. And we'd look real good. I've wanted to get rid of Deng for years. I never saw the potential that got him that ridiculous contract either. All because he took advantage of an old, injured defending champ Miami Heat team in 2007.

NBA rookie of the year

This. People are still hung up up on that "potential" talk from years ago.

He is what he is. Any improvements in his career at this point will be marginal.

Bulls should should have gotten some good value from him 1-2 years ago when his stock was high.

Y'all don't realize he's the backbone of the bulls.

Always healthy, always heavy minutes.

He creates all the time, he can work his defender in the post or drive and finish.

He's a solid 15-20 points every single game.

NBA sixth man of the year

Because he's a way overpaid role player.

Chicago doesn't need Deng, his defense is highly overrated. He gets destroyed by Lebron James time and again. Butler does a way better job for a fraction of the cost. The Bulls best lineup against the Heat:

PG: Rose
    SG: Hinrich
    SF: Butler
    PF: Boozer
    C: Noah

Ship Deng out, he's the one that's been holding back this franchise for years, not Boozer.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    Because he's a way overpaid role player.

Chicago doesn't need Deng, his defense is highly overrated. He gets destroyed by Lebron James time and again. Butler does a way better job for a fraction of the cost. The Bulls best lineup against the Heat:

PG: Rose
    SG: Hinrich
    SF: Butler
    PF: Boozer
    C: Noah

Ship Deng out, he's the one that's been holding back this franchise for years, not Boozer.
    Yeah, Deng sucks because he can't guard LeBron James

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    I never said Deng sucks. I said he's not respected because he's an overpaid role player that isn't worth his 14 mill contract. He can't guard Lebron James effectively. Jimmy Butler stifled Lebron in the playoffs last year, that kid is light years ahead of Deng in terms of limiting Lebron. I'm sure a Lebron stan like yourself surely noticed and tremble at the fear of Deng leaving and seeing Jimmy Butler spend his time guarding Lebron 100% of the time in your dreams.

Quote Originally Posted by BallsOut
    I never said Deng sucks. I said he's not respected because he's an overpaid role player that isn't worth his 14 mill contract. He can't guard Lebron James effectively. Jimmy Butler stifled Lebron in the playoffs last year, that kid is light years ahead of Deng in terms of limiting Lebron. I'm sure a Lebron stan like yourself surely noticed.
    You have an odd definition of role player.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3

Default Negged, lol

I got negged with this comment, which I found funny:

"Your knowledege of Mr. Deng is unbearably brilliant. Just reading each character of your post on this topic make my undies wet. Please post more of your brilliance, but keep it within 150 characters or I will need to change my underwear."

Sir,

Since your neg was witty & funny to me I will humor you.

Luol Deng could not create his own shot with a gallon of Vodka and a dozen tiny glasses. He uses simple "rips" to go hard right on a drive after being passed the ball or he executes a hard dribble then pulls up for a mid-range J or runner. His mid-range shot, though once deadly, is now average, I suspect a result of his wrist woes.

Luol Deng is not and never will be creative scorer. Not even the most biased Bulls fan is going to tell you Deng is a creator. He is the kind of player that scores within the offense if there ever was one. If Deng could create he would definitely average 20 points a game.

That's why I simply laughed at someone calling Deng someone who can create. I've been watching him since his rookie year. That's not him. He lacks the ball handling skills imho, even though he is a good player.
    Last edited by Go Getter; 11-18-2013 at 07:55 PM.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

You would easily have the best team in the league if Deng is actually your 4th best player.