Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Have there been any good or great players with wingspan less than their height?

Any T Rex been able to ball? Seems like all good/great players have a wingspan at least equal to their height.

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Have there been any good or great players with wingspan less than their height?

Blake Grififn

Default Re: Have there been any good or great players with wingspan less than their height?

Doesn't Blake Griff have a TRex figure

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Blake Grififn
    Height w/o shoes: 6'8.5"
    Wingspan: 6'11"

so.... anyone?

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Height w/o shoes: 6'8.5"
    Wingspan: 6'11"

so.... anyone?
    Yao Ming

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

I don't think you are going to find any good or great players with wingspans less than their height. I can't imagine you'd get into basketball with some pathetically short arms like that...and certainly not reach an elite level. Best you'll find is Trex like Blake Griffin and Julius Randle. (though it remains to be seen if Randle can be good in the NBA)

Actually, Redick and Yao (like someone said) wingspans are smaller than their heights. I never knew Redicks arms were so short...

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Yao Ming

Yao is a ****in cheater cuz he's 7'6"... but good call

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Any T Rex been able to ball? Seems like all good/great players have a wingspan at least equal to their height.

Monta Ellis is the greatest T-Rex baller I have seen.

However, despite his poor wingspan he is still insanely athletic...

I rule the local playground

Bird

Why did that take so many posts? smh ish

Quote Originally Posted by Chadwin
    Bird

Why did that take so many posts? smh ish

I don't know bird's measurements by heart but from seeing him it appears that he has a decent wingspan, I would be very surprised to hear that it is under his height. It is possible because while he has somewhat long arms he doesn't have a super broad chest...still I think his arms are long enough where his wingspan exceeds his height.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    I don't know bird's measurements by heart but from seeing him it appears that he has a decent wingspan, I would be very surprised to hear that it is under his height. It is possible because while he has somewhat long arms he doesn't have a super broad chest...still I think his arms are long enough where his wingspan exceeds his height.
    I was just guessing based on this pic. They look pretty short.

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    Good player. Only average 0.5 blocks for his career. That's really low for a PF/C.

Damn, he had a 15.5 rebound season.

Are Mason Plumlee/Kelly Olynyk considered good players? They're starting and has been quite decent this season.