Decent college freshman

Default Wolves Waive Robison III

Wolves waived GR3 to make room to sign Hamilton. I think he was set to become a RFA this summer

In mean time, who scoops him up?

When he drafted Glenn Robinson 40th overall last summer, Timberwolves coach and president of basketball operations Flip Saunders called the 6-foot-7 small forward "a first-round talent."

Eight months later, it appears frontcourt depth is more important to the team's personnel chief than finding out if he was right about the son of NBA alum Glenn "Big Dog" Robinson.

The Wolves claimed center Justin Hamilton off waivers Thursday and to clear a spot for him on the 15-man roster, they waived Robinson, who appeared in 25 games for Minnesota and averaged 4.3 minutes, 1.2 points and 0.6 rebounds per game. He had played in only two games since the start of February.

Hamilton was traded from Miami to New Orleans on Feb. 19 in a deadline deal but didn't play a game for the Pelicans. New Orleans waived him Tuesday to make room for Elliot Williams' 10-day contract.

Hamilton, a 7-foot, 260-pound Louisiana State product, played in 24 games for the Heat this season, including five starts, and averaged 12 minutes, 2.8 points and two rebounds per contest. The 76ers picked him in the second round of the 2012 draft, but he didn't make his NBA debut until last March with Charlotte.

That appearance came on a 10-day contract before Hamilton joined the Heat for the rest of last season.

The Wolves snagged Hamilton as insurance behind second-year center Gorgui Dieng and oft-injured starter Nikola Pekovic, who continues to nurse a sore ankle. Saunders has said he prefers to carry three players at every position, and this move allows him to do so in the short term.

He'd hoped to send Robinson to the NBA Developmental League this season, but injuries prevented Saunders from having that option. The former Michigan Wolverine will stay on waivers for 48 hours; if not team claims him, his contract will be terminated and he'll become a free agent.
    http://www.foxsports.com/north/story...waivers-030515

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Wolves Waive Robison III

I really wanted Robinson to be good.

I remember when he was talked about as just below Wiggins and Parker.

His last year of college showed he had a slim chance sticking in the NBA. Another team will try him, though. You never know.

Huge fan of his dad.

Decent college freshman

Wouldn't be shocked if Philly signs him to cheap, multi-year deal and trades him back to Minnesota on draft night for Buddinger + pick swap.

Didn't he leave school a year early? If so, I don't get why people do that. His father was an NBA player, I doubt money was the reasoning there. Leave early and get drafted in the 2nd round He could have stuck it out on Michigan and heaven knows they need the help this year, it could have been his team and he would be in the spotlight after everyone left the last 2 years. Definitely would have got better and could have lead them somewhere with his experience

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Didn't he leave school a year early? If so, I don't get why people do that. His father was an NBA player, I doubt money was the reasoning there. Leave early and get drafted in the 2nd round He could have stuck it out on Michigan and heaven knows they need the help this year, it could have been his team and he would be in the spotlight after everyone left the last 2 years. Definitely would have got better and could have lead them somewhere with his experience
    Yep, left following his sophomore year. In fact, I believe his draft stock had already clearly plummeted prior to his declaration, so it seemed to be an unfortunate decision.

During Michigan's Final Four run when he was a sophomore, his stock went as high as the lottery, if I recall correctly. Perhaps he felt it was only going to drop further if he stuck around.

Either way, he should could have helped that Michigan team this year. He likely would have been the clear cut man in Ann Arbor (along with Caris LeVert) and would have seemingly been able to push his stock up past 40 (which is when he was selected).

The Magic are a trash HylianNightmare's Avatar

He'll get another shot

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Milwaukee, anyone? Like father, like son? He could actually get some playing time there with Parker out.