Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Welcome to the big 4 in Cleveland

Quote Originally Posted by Black and White
    The All-star game has hardly any defense and there is superstars all over the court so Melo can play off the rest (there will never be that many good players on one squad in terms of NBA teams), same with the Olympics.

Melo needs to play in the post, he is strong and can beat his man in ISO, LeBron can focus on the ball handling, but Melo needs just as much possession as Bron.
    You're an idiot.

Let somebody else play make for Melo whether it's in the post or the perimeter.

If you honestly think he needs to get the ball on the perimeter and work his way into the post with the ball, you're even more of a fυcking retard than I thought.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    You're an idiot.

Let somebody else play make for Melo whether it's in the post or the perimeter.

If you honestly think he needs to get the ball on the perimeter and work his way into the post with the ball, you're even more of a fυcking retard than I thought.
    Where did I say he needs to move from the perimeter? The bolded was in reference to how much possession Melo needs during games, as a max player you cant just expect him to take jumpshots, hes an all-star, his value is more than just jump shooting.

Where did I say he needs to move from the perimeter? The bolded was in reference to how much possession Melo needs during games, as a max player you cant just expect him to take jumpshots, hes an all-star, his value is more than just jump shooting.
    Who ever said that?

Of the ball =/= jumpers only.

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyMcAdocious
    Replace Melo with Oden.

Kyrie/Wiggins/LeBron/Bennett/Oden

lol, got #1 overalls or what, lol

Melo's is gonna stand on the perimeter and wait for Lebron's kick outs, and he's going to like it! Melo ball doesn't win rings, Lebron ball does. FACT!

Banned

Who ever said that?
    This guy:

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    To be honest, Catching and shooting is exactly what Melo needs to become.

Banned

Who ever said that?

Your not reading the full thread, black and white was arguing with an idiot saying Melo is at his best as a spot up shooter and needs to just catch and shoot.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Guys, enough bickering. Just let the statistics speak for themselves...

Usage Rate:
    James - 31.0
    Anthony - 32.4
    Irving - 28.2

All three are very high ball usage players. I highly doubt they'd be able to coexist without major transformations from at least one, if not two of the three.

I don't like that trio, tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Melo's is gonna stand on the perimeter and wait for Lebron's kick outs, and he's going to like it! Melo ball doesn't win rings, Lebron ball does. FACT!
    Lebron ball: 2/5
    Melo ball: N/A

Kobe/MJ ball: 11/13

Your move niqqa

Quote Originally Posted by BlkMambaGOAT
    Lebron ball: 2/5
    Melo ball: N/A

Kobe/MJ ball: 11/13

Your move niqqa
    Kobe stans are now trying to piggy back off of Shaq AND MJ's rings?!
    PATHETIC!

The All-star game has hardly any defense and there is superstars all over the court so Melo can play off the rest (there will never be that many good players on one squad in terms of NBA teams), same with the Olympics.

Melo needs to play in the post, he is strong and can beat his man in ISO, LeBron can focus on the ball handling, but Melo needs just as much possession as Bron.
    Lebron James, Irving, and Melo is the ALL Star team. Melo needs to play off ball. Desperately.

Melo doesnt get enough free throws nor have the size to play in the post for long stretches. It is why in the playoffs he always struggles to raise his game.

Melo having as many possessions as Lebron is crazy. Lebron currently has a smaller usage rate than Melo and Irving and is way more productive.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by navy
    Lebron James, Irving, and Melo is the ALL Star team. Melo needs to play off ball. Desperately.

Melo doesnt get enough free throws nor have the size to play in the post for long stretches. It is why in the playoffs he always struggles to raise his game.

Melo having as many possessions as Lebron is crazy. Lebron currently has a smaller usage rate than Melo and Irving and is way more productive.
    Who do you think he will be posting up? He isn't going to single out David West and attempt to back him down, he will pick his spots and for a SF he has great size and strength to play in the post,

Also, in regards to the playoffs, you act like his supporting cast is even comparable to LeBrons, teams knew to focus on him because he didn't have as many options to help him out,

I agree that Melo should play off ball, but I do not agree he needs to lower his usage rate significantly.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    Kobe stans are now trying to piggy back off of Shaq AND MJ's rings?!
    PATHETIC!
    Nah, I was comparing their style. You can't possibly say that Kobe's playstyle isn't nearly the exact same as MJ's hence the amount of rings both players got from playing that way.

Even if you subtract MJ

5/7>>>>>>>2*/5

#Fact

Who do you think he will be posting up? He isn't going to single out David West and attempt to back him down, he will pick his spots and for a SF he has great size and strength to play in the post,

Also, in regards to the playoffs, you act like his supporting cast is even comparable to LeBrons, teams knew to focus on him because he didn't have as many options to help him out,

I agree that Melo should play off ball, but I do not agree he needs to lower his usage rate significantly.
    No, it isnt a reliable part of his game. He can do it, just not as much as you would think. Which is why he relies on his iso jumper.

He has never been a great playoff performer. Out the first round twice. Second once. You can blame his team, but alot of the time he never plays that great.

He doesnt need the ball in his hands. Unless he looking to score immediately. Until that happens he will never win a ring.

Melo going to Cleveland...