Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

Default The Wolves and Love get no respect on this board. We're gonna fight for the Finals.

I feel like this place is an ESPN board with all the Love hazing. Just ****ing wait til' the season starts. A lot of revisionist shit is gonna spring up and people will automatically start saying they 'called it'. We're a top 5-6 seed. Guaranteed.

Love earned his 7th rank on ESPN as well. Nobody does what he does night in and out but obviously his impact is better complimented with someone as the POINTGUARD. Love is a machine and i have witnessed his entire career and can only tell you that he is a once in a lifetime type of player. he is due for greatness and he has dealt with the worst supporting casts ever.

Tell me who the BEST timberwolves player was in Love's career here in Minnesota? B-Easy? Pek despite how he was injured for a solid quarter of the season? Rubio even though he was out halfway thru? The same Rubio who had a horrible shooting %? Love has never played with an allstar.

And when Love DID play with everyone healthy, the team was 8th seeded with a .581 win record and climbing. There was no doubt that the playoffs were in our laps considering Utah snuck in with... 36 wins and the all injured Wolves ended with 26.

Tl;DR watch us knock out the lakers or thunder

Default Re: The Wolves and Love get no respect on this board. We're gonna fight for the Finals.

watching those games it looked like Rubio was just as important to their sucess as Love. I actually think the team would have performed better if Love got hurt last year and not Rubio.

Banned

Default Re: The Wolves and Love get no respect on this board. We're gonna fight for the Finals.

We will give them credit when credit is due.

Up until this moment they haven't done shit, so they ain't getting shit.

Minny should be credited for putting together a great team.. But currently all they are is speculative potential.

Love was gripping about wanting his turn and that Minny needs to become competitive and make moves.. We'll that kind of crying expectations will naturally not be received well.

They haven't earned respect yet.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    watching those games it looked like Rubio was just as important to their sucess as Love. I actually think the team would have performed better if Love got hurt last year and not Rubio.
    Yeah. Who needs 26 points and 15 rebounds? You're a ****ing retard.

Rubio went from being thrashed on this board to being now lauded as the 2nd coming of Christ.

offensively, Ricky Rubio is a ****ING SCRUB. He can't do shit. He flinches against 7 foot centers when he tries to penetrate the paint. He takes jumpers where you know he wishes he could just pass instead.

Rubio's impact came from setting others up for plays, he was top 5 assits and steals by the time he was injured.

That's it.

Stop pretending he's our team.

Love and Pek took us to much more victories than Rubio.

We have a lot of L's in Rubio's time on the Wolves because of how much of a terrible shooter is.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue
    They haven't earned respect yet.
    This.

Just like any other team, all it takes is a few goofy-ass Wolves fans to make us all look bad.

Lets makes sure our key players with injury issues (Rubio, Pekovic, Roy) are okay, and the new guys gel, before guaranteeing a mid-seed playoff berth.

Simply making the playoffs would be a huge step forward for the franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by stallionaire
    Yeah. Who needs 26 points and 15 rebounds? You're a ****ing retard.

Rubio went from being thrashed on this board to being now lauded as the 2nd coming of Christ.

offensively, Ricky Rubio is a ****ING SCRUB. He can't do shit. He flinches against 7 foot centers when he tries to penetrate the paint. He takes jumpers where you know he wishes he could just pass instead.

Rubio's impact came from setting others up for plays, he was top 5 assits and steals by the time he was injured.

That's it.

Stop pretending he's our team.

Love and Pek took us to much more victories than Rubio.

We have a lot of L's in Rubio's time on the Wolves because of how much of a terrible shooter is.
    Damn, guess setting up others doesn't matter. Tell me, what was Pek doing before Rubio started spoon feeding him buckets to get his confidence going. Tell how was that defense after Rubio went down.

Rubio was just as important to that T-Wolves team as Love. He was the only one able to consistently create offense on the entire team. Love needs someone to create offense for him, he isn't Dirk. He isnt a guy that is making plays for his teammates.

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    Damn, guess setting up others doesn't matter. Tell me, what was Pek doing before Rubio started spoon feeding him buckets to get his confidence going. Tell how was that defense after Rubio went down.
    I didn't downplay his impact, but to say that he has more impact than Love and Pek is idiotic. It just proves you don't watch the team at all, which is okay. I know a lot of people can't spend that time watching other teams play. I rarely watch the Lakers til' playoff time or marquee games.

I didn't downplay his impact, but to say that he has more impact than Love and Pek is idiotic. It just proves you don't watch the team at all, which is okay. I know a lot of people can't spend that time watching other teams play. I rarely watch the Lakers til' playoff time or marquee games.
    I actually watched most of the T-Wolves games last year. I was in several game threads. I watched almost every game Rubio played for them. I root for the team. I just don't think Kevin Love is what people are saying he is. I think he is a second option of a playoff team and a 3rd option on a championship team. No team with Kevin Love as the best player is ever doing anything.

Rubio was just as important as Love and more important than Pekovic. I think the team would have been fine without Love for those last games. They needed Rubio though. He is the only person on that team that can create.
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 09-27-2012 at 12:05 AM.

Banned

He praises the teams future accomplishments and assures a high seed and then proceeds to disparage the team sans Love and says how awful and futile they are..lol..smh.

On paper champions

Brb checking there successes over the last decade.

I'm stop reading your posts since you said Rubio does nothing on offense

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

I feel like this place is an ESPN board with all the Love hazing. Just ****ing wait til' the season starts. A lot of revisionist shit is gonna spring up and people will automatically start saying they 'called it'. We're a top 5-6 seed. Guaranteed.

Love earned his 7th rank on ESPN as well. Nobody does what he does night in and out but obviously his impact is better complimented with someone as the POINTGUARD. Love is a machine and i have witnessed his entire career and can only tell you that he is a once in a lifetime type of player. he is due for greatness and he has dealt with the worst supporting casts ever.

Tell me who the BEST timberwolves player was in Love's career here in Minnesota? B-Easy? Pek despite how he was injured for a solid quarter of the season? Rubio even though he was out halfway thru? The same Rubio who had a horrible shooting %? Love has never played with an allstar.

And when Love DID play with everyone healthy, the team was 8th seeded with a .581 win record and climbing. There was no doubt that the playoffs were in our laps considering Utah snuck in with... 36 wins and the all injured Wolves ended with 26.

Tl;DR watch us knock out the lakers or thunder
    awww

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

So let me get this straight... Your team is going to go from not making the playoffs the past 8 years into a top 5-6 seed team that has the potential to knock out the Thunder or Lakers? Love is not a guy that can carry a team.

Quote Originally Posted by ZeN
    He praises the teams future accomplishments and assures a high seed and then proceeds to disparage the team sans Love and says how awful and futile they are..lol..smh.
    No. I'm just saying now we are loaded at where we need to be. We picked up Roy, Kirilenko, Budinger, Shved, Stiesma... we got scoring where we need it. We ranked 9th in 3pt attempts last season and were 26th in makes. We now have 3pt scorers.

Love was apart of a system that did not work until now.

Rubio, offensively, is bad unless he's passing the rock. HE is a lot of wasted posessions because of his shooting, this cannot be denied. This was COUNTERACTED by Pekovic because he LEAD THE LEAGUE in offensive rebounds last season.

Look up the stats. I'm honest about my team.

We had an excellent off-season.