Page 30 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2027282930313233 ... LastLast
    Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Default Re: Lebron James: Ronda Rousey would kick my @ss

Quote Originally Posted by OnFire
    I dont think she would usually win this fight, but comparing an 8 year old training for 5 years is dumb. He absolutely should NOT do it by trying to brute strength clumsily grab her. Judoka make untrained look silly when they try to do that.
    Well physically thei is asimilar difference between an 8 year old boy and an average 25 year old adult, and the difference in strength, speed etc between Rusey and Lebron. He is literally twice her size and pound for pound stronger.

Quote Originally Posted by Quickening
    Yes it is very easy to just leg sweep someone who is far bigger, far stronger, far faster and who has a huge reach advantage on you.

I am sure if a 8 year old had been training mma for 5 years they would comfortably be able to beat grown men in fights.
    I swear some of you bran stans are the most idiotic breed in this forum Every move has to be set up dummy, it's not friggin done straight away. What's bran gonna do when she rushes inside and work bran in the body, thighs and chin? Fighters are trained to look for mistakes and capitalize on that. Rousey has tons of things at her disposal, she will adjust to that length and reach. You fakkits think pro fighters don't spar with bigger fighters? lelz.

Well physically thei is asimilar difference between an 8 year old boy and an average 25 year old adult, and the difference in strength, speed etc between Rusey and Lebron. He is literally twice her size and pound for pound stronger.
    The most important aspect of speed in combat sports is "hand speed" and "footwork (which is more on technique)" and bran has none of those over Rousey

How the hell this thread reached 29 pages... Didn't know ISH is full of MMA experts.

Anyway, I think that if Bron hits Rousey he will knock her out cold. Or if he manages to get hold of her and bodyslams her (those are big ifs though). Otherwise, Rousey kicks Bron's ass, with great difficulty of course.

Great college starter Quickening's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    The most important aspect of speed in combat sports is "hand speed" and "footwork (which is more on technique)" and bran has none of those over Rousey
    So yes like I said, an 8 year old child with a few years MMA training would beat a fully grown man, i agree with you

Quote Originally Posted by deja vu
    How the hell this thread reached 29 pages... Didn't know ISH is full of MMA experts.

Anyway, I think that if Bron hits Rousey he will knock her out cold. Or if he manages to get hold of her and bodyslams her (those are big ifs though). Otherwise, Rousey kicks Bron's ass, with great difficulty of course.
    Just like the mayweather vs pacquiao fight. Everyone became a boxing expert on social media that night.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Having attempted to box in the ring with someone who knew what they were doing....I have a healthy respect for the skill difference between an even somewhat serious fighter and someone who isnt.

That said...that was boxing not fighting....and there are weight classes for a reason. Doesnt mean a 140 pound weight advantage cant be overcome....but it means its a massive disadvantage. And unlike some of the men ive seen knock out giants...im not sure she has the punching power.

If women 135 pounds are just eating multiple unprotected blows before going down im not sure Lebron ever would. Some people are built to take punishment. We dont know if Lebron has a glass jaw or not....and she would be punching well above her head.

Im sure he cant do anything technical....but there is a difference between a fight fight and UFC. Off the huge strength/size advantage alone Lebron could probably control her. He might not be able to do damage himself...but he could tie her up and not just get his ass kicked.

What...someone gonna come stand them up in a real fight?

If he had to subdue her...I think he could. Doesnt mean hes gonna tap her out or knock her out. But I think the situation resolves itself without him being terribly hurt. Shes won fights in 15 seconds where the other woman isnt....hurt. Just lost.

Difference between tapping someone out in a match and kicking their ass.

Some of these women go home from a fight without a scratch on them.

So yes like I said, an 8 year old child with a few years MMA training would beat a fully grown man, i agree with you
    Rousey has you shook.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkenYHDfpOc

The young dude is not a trained fighter by any means but but but but.

Rousey has your ego and pride on shackles. Stick to your usual bran worship breh.

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    Having attempted to box in the ring with someone who knew what they were doing....I have a healthy respect for the skill difference between an even somewhat serious fighter and someone who isnt.

That said...that was boxing not fighting....and there are weight classes for a reason. Doesnt mean a 140 pound weight advantage cant be overcome....but it means its a massive disadvantage. And unlike some of the men ive seen knock out giants...im not sure she has the punching power.

If women 135 pounds are just eating multiple unprotected blows before going down im not sure Lebron ever would. Some people are built to take punishment. We dont know if Lebron has a glass jaw or not....and she would be punching well above her head.

Im sure he cant do anything technical....but there is a difference between a fight fight and UFC. Off the huge strength/size advantage alone Lebron could probably control her. He might not be able to do damage himself...but he could tie her up and not just get his ass kicked.

What...someone gonna come stand them up in a real fight?

If he had to subdue her...I think he could. Doesnt mean hes gonna tap her out or knock her out. But I think the situation resolves itself without him being terribly hurt. Shes won fights in 15 seconds where the other woman isnt....hurt. Just lost.

Difference between tapping someone out in a match and kicking their ass.

Some of these women go home from a fight without a scratch on them.
    This is the thing that confuses me IMO. Good Punching power comes from mechanics/form and technique. No idiot would go in with Floyd and say that they could take his blows, just because some of his opponents shrugged it off. Size is almost a no factor if you're not trained to take punishment. She would knock him out clean and easy. These are pros with thousands of hours in back-breaking training. They're trained to take punishment and to capitalize on the mistakes of their opponents. Aside from Kimbo, they are very few amateur guys that had some success on the ring.

edit: and again punching hard and punching effectively are two different things. Bron might have good punching power but it's jackshit if he can't hit her clean and effectively.
    Last edited by scandisk_; 08-02-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by pauk

...and thats all same weight/size athletes, now imagine a 5'7"-135 lbs girl (who can only armbar female fighters) hanging on there trying a submission hold on a ~6'9"-270 lbs dude who is arguably the most freakish athlete ever.... he would pick her up and slam her down headfirst with the madness of an outraged rancor, into a rim...

first time i'm actually agreeing with Pauk

anyway, Rousey stands no chance

all of the physical advantages Lebron has in these categories: size, speed, quickness, strength, overall power. our simply too huge. her skill won't make an iota of difference. a blood- lusted Lebron would do things to her she could never imagine.

Now put her up against Steph Curry and we got ourselves a debate here

LeBron would knock her out easily, his arms are like a blur. She wouldn't even see it coming.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

As I said we dont know what Lebron can take....but im not just gonna assume that a woman 130 pounds smaller than him can absord her punches an be mostly unharmed and he would be knocked out.

As I said...weight classes exist for a reason.

And notice I said...he might not do her any real harm. Its hard to land clean blows on a real fighter. Hes not gonna just beat her up.

But if they got in some kind of realistic fight....I cant see him just asleep on the floor while shes calmly gathering her things to leave.

A UFC or boxing victory is not the same thing as kicking someones ass. Floyd would win a boxing match vs the entire planet. Including many people he wouldnt actually hurt that badly in a real fight.

If lebron can defend against rousey's takedowns then he will probably overwhelm her with his size and strength advantage, lebron's height, strength, reach and weight advantage would be too much for rousey to overcome in a stand up fight. However if rousey can take him to the ground, it will be over in 10 seconds.

Bear Chested Da Brawn STATUTORY's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PejaTheSerbSnip
    Yes but, Royce fought 240-280 pound TRAINED animals and submitted them all, at 175. LeBron has never trained MMA/grappling a day in his life.

Obviously there's a chasmal different between Royce and Ronda. Nobody with a brain would dispute this. The comparison wasn't meant to be, I think, perfectly analogous.

Y'all make a couple salient points here and there but for the most part your lack of knowledge of MMA/lack of experience sticks out like a sore thumb.
    are you kidding me man, do you even know the history of UFC? early UFCs were designed by Gracies especially to showcase BJJ, they brought in guys absolutely clueless about the ground game, including Art Jimmerson fighting with one boxing glove. The guys Royce submitted were not "trained" in any meaningful sense, shit some of them were trained in "ninjitsu", others were just straight up bar brawlers like Tank Abbott. Those guys know as much submission as Lebron does

There were real Judokas practioners during that time that Gracies had no balls to invite cause they would f@cked royce up like Kimura did to Helio

kids that started following MMA after TUF and don't even train think they know anything about MMA. Drinking mcdojo snake oil koolaid
    Last edited by STATUTORY; 08-02-2015 at 11:09 AM.

Ronda Rousey isn't even that impressive. Most of the women she fights against didn't even pick up combat sports until they were adults. She's been training her entire life.

Bron would shit on her. No one has actually been able to tell me how she could possibly submit a 280lb super athlete.