Thread: Josh Adams

Default Josh Adams

Josh Adams is this years Larry Nance Jr. Nowhere to be found on any mock draft lists but ready to "come out of nowhere"

You won't find a better athlete at the point guard position. Playing point in college this year will help his case. Currently averaging 23-5-5, and I know highlights aren't what means a guy is an NBA player but this is the most ridiculous dunker I've ever seen at 6-2.

Start putting him in your mock drafts. The 2 most underrated prospect in the next draft right now are Adams and Gonzaga center Karnowski

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Default Re: Josh Adams

Somebody told me about Adams the beginning of the season. You're right about him looking the part. He plays like he's been lit on fire. My concern is that he's only this year got his 3% over 1/3, and maybe he's just on a hot streak. It's hard to make it these days without that. And in spite of his athleticism, it doesn't translate to much numerically on defense (as far as steals or blocks go), which might not mean anything if you really watched the tape, but it's a rough spot to start, especially because there's plenty of sample size. If the shooting isn't really good, you kind of have to be a nightmare defensively, unless you're truly a big time playmaker, but even he probably wouldn't suggest he should have the ball in his hands full time at the NBA level.

I agree about Karnowski. The league keeps getting small to the point where someone that big can be a real asset in limited time. And he'll be a better defender than it appears just by eating space.

I like Iona's AJ English.

I rule the local playground tomSR.'s Avatar

Adams is still killing it. Weaker team and weaker conference this year but showing he can play point. I was really wrong on nedovic a couple years ago. I see similarities with those two guys. I have to think a big part of nedovic's failures were cultural. (And playing behind curry and their big fa acquisition at the time Livingston)

I used to try to follow college basketball overall and now only really watch PAC 12, west coast conference; and Mountain west. I'm sure there are under rated guys all over the country but I'm still convinced that the conferences in the west aren't even watched by most. When a guy comes into s western conference highly rated then he's on the board. If he didn't start out highly thought of it's an uphill battle.