Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Kemba and Lillard now supermax eligible but Klay and Beal are not.

Warriors and Wizards must be happy. They missed out by a few votes. Rudy Gobert next year is eligible if he wins DPOY now(DPOY gives you two years of eligibility) or is all nba again next year. To get you either must be all NBA the summer you can sign...or have been for the 2 years before that summer(Meaning if you made it in 17 and 18 you can miss it this year...or you can just make it this year with no previous makes). Doesnt have to be your FA season...just one year away from before your FA season...which is why Gobert with 2 years left can lock up the option for next summer now....but the contract wont kick in for a while after that(like how Wall signed 2 years ago but doesnt get the supermax money till next year).

Next year Giannis can get 247 million.

Thats really what the all nba teams are about for the players/agents.

Im...not sure the Hornets will pay Kemba a supermax deal.

Damian deserves it I suppose though it makes it hard to improve.

I wouldnt wanna pay it to Gobert next year but they might have to if they dont wanna risk him walking.

Guys want the leverage even if they intend to stay. If youre like Kemba it gives you a good excuse to walk if they dont offer it now that they can.

You know the Warriors were secretly rooting against Klay. He cant get the big 220+ million deal even though hes two time all NBA because it wasnt 2 of the last 3 years or this year. Makes it easier to offer all you can without that painful conversation that makes people spiteful.

Default Re: Kemba and Lillard now supermax eligible but Klay and Beal are not.

Let 'em walk. A team that supermaxes a player like Kemba or Lillard isn't winning shit. That's just the cold hard reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    Let 'em walk. A team that supermaxes a player like Kemba or Lillard isn't winning shit. That's just the cold hard reality.
    Portland will do it for sure.
    If they don't do it, they'll look cheap and no one will want to come there. They'll never win.
    If they do it, they won't win anything this decade.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku

Is that any different from if they dont?

Guess it comes down to how much you wanna value the appearance of loyalty.

Those teams max out at losing after a good playoff run either way.

The Hornets especially. They can give Kemba 200+ million or not.....still winning nothing.

It's a relief for us. If Beal got the supermax then we could have been the first team (I think) in the lottery with 2 supermax deals.

i'm really not sure charlotte gives kemba the supermax. They shouldnt but they've made worse moves. I think it's more likely he just gets 4yrs 140 from someone else which is ok.

They should really make the supermax not count against the cap for drafted players like dame. It just hurts teams trying to keep their stars too much

Max salaries being determined based on arbitrarily decided media awards is one of the dumbest things I’ve ever seen.

Klay will take whatever is thrown at him by Lacob. He's a good dog and will be content to stay in SF. Beal should be looking elsewhere for the sake of his career. Washington is a black hole, the team should be contracted IMO.

Supermaxing Kemba or Gobert (LOL) is a good way to cripple your team for the foreseeable future. Only transcendent superstars in their prime are truly worth it.

Gobert in particular would be a joke. Imagine giving that much money to a ****ing rim protector with no offensive game

Quote Originally Posted by FKAri
    Portland will do it for sure.
    If they don't do it, they'll look cheap and no one will want to come there. They'll never win.
    If they do it, they won't win anything this decade.
    No one's going there anyway with that contract

Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker
    Klay will take whatever is thrown at him by Lacob. He's a good dog and will be content to stay in SF. Beal should be looking elsewhere for the sake of his career. Washington is a black hole, the team should be contracted IMO.

We got rid of our incompetent GM who somehow managed to keep his job for 16 years with a dismal track record.

The market is fine but the management has been a disaster
    We haven't had 50 wins since 1979.

Seeing as Lillard is better than both those players it makes sense.

I wish these contracts weren't so ridiculous. As far as the cap goes it doesn't matter. Portland never gets free agents that are worth big money.

Lillard just made the WCFs with 0 all-star help. Literally no one on the team has ever made an all-star game.

Klay getting snubbed is absurd.

At least Lillard always gets his team in the playoffs in the West. Kemba can’t even crack 40 wins in the shitty east.

Klay is better than Kemba. Give me a big wing with GOAT level shooting and good defense over a midget with questionable efficiency.

Only players who truly deserve a super max are Curry, KD, Kawhi, and Giannis. Guys like Jokic and Harden are a stretch but not totally absurd. And AD too.
    Last edited by Heavincent; 05-23-2019 at 04:57 PM.

[QUOTE=Shogon]Max salaries being determined based on arbitrarily decided media awards is one of the dumbest things I

[QUOTE=Shogon]Max salaries being determined based on arbitrarily decided media awards is one of the dumbest things I