Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA lottery pick

Default Pistons Trade Rumors

I saw one that was in the rumors the past few days. Rubio for Reggie... makes zero sense. Reggie is a better player. Obviously it would take a few more to make it work like Shabazz, but I don't see how this benefits either team. SVG completely denied all of it. It does sound like someone just threw that one out there. I'm sure there will be more though so I started the thread.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Re: Trade Rumors

The styles in play could not be more opposite. Rubio happy to have 2 points 13 assist games whilst Jackson happy to have 25 point 2 assist games. I wonder if placing a truly elite passer such as Rubio next to Dre will unlock more of his potential. I would say yes.

Spacing might become an issue as no one would have to guard Rubio at the 3pt line.

Defense would improve, Rubio is actually really solid on D, very savvy and great size.

And I do like Shabazz for a role player. He is a bull, was extremely highly touted before college. Still very young and could play a role.

This deal will not get done.

Reggie + 1st round pick for Dunn??... Deal ;)

NBA lottery pick

Haha yeah we would all take Dunn I think.

Decent college freshman

Dunn would be nice haha.

Yah, the trade didn't make a ton of sense. I get it in a way, because Reggie's D is killing us and Rubio is such an elite playmaker. That said, we just don't have enough shooting to make Rubio as our PG work

Well it's strange because literally everyone of our players can shoot the 3, but just no one who can do it an elite rate. I had hope that KCP would become a high level shooter but as it stands he is above average / good but very streaky.

Harris / Morris / Leur / Reggie / KCP / Stanley can all fire from 3, they all range from above average - good. But nothing above good. No very good, not excellent, no elite. all about 70 rating....

If even 1 or 2 of those guys could transition into good to very good shooters, then we would benefit from that move...

I feel like Bullock can develop into an elite sniper from deep, but is only an end of the bench player

Decent college freshman

KCP is shooting 40% fwiw.

I agree though, everyone sits right at an acceptable rate, but nobody beyond KCP is near elite right now. Its frustrating.

We could get away with this level of FT shooting if our D was better and our ball movement was better. We need to improve 2 areas and replace one of Reggie,Harris or Morris with more of a 3 and D type.

Interestingly, we are better with Ish on the floor this year who shoots worse than Reggie, so its possible we might be even better with Rubio. Makes me wonder.

Not sure what 3 and D guy might be available. They're tough to get these days.

NBA lottery pick

I just saw this. It seems pretty apparent the Pistons are thinking about moving Reggie.

[QUOTE]Jake Fischer: League source said Pelicans, while weighing numerous options, had internally mulled offering a trade package for Reggie Jackson.

Decent college freshman

Probably only the top 2 will be PGs fwiw.

Reggie may be moved, but I wouldn't expect anything imminent.

I want Rubio and Melo dammit

NBA lottery pick

I'd stay away from both. Melo should be a part of a veteran team that is in contention at this point. Not leading a bunch of young up and comers. We'd be a 5 or 6 seed with him. It's not enough. Rubio just doesn't have the shooting to fit here. Markelle Fultz, Lonzo Ball, Dennis Smith, De'Aaron Fox, and Frank Ntilikina, will likely all be top 8 picks. All PG's. The only two other players who have stepped up lately are Josh Jackson and Jonathan Isaac. Some would even consider Monk a PG possibly because of his size. So there's a lot of PG's at the top of this draft. After that there's a lot of PF's and it's lining up that we would be drafting another one this year. Ellenson is very likely going to get some competition. Leurer would lose some time then. And I think it would also be the beginning of the end of having both Harris and Morris. It's just a giant log jam in the making and it's sad there isn't someone good enough to stand out to take over that spot.

Decent college freshman

Yup, I expect Jackson and Isaac to go top 5. Smith could go top 4 though too, so split the difference haha

I want both badly. The team is 3-4 points better with Ish on the floor compared to Reggie right now and they're better the more they run, which they don't at all with Reggie right now. I'd take the chance on Rubio's playmaking, pace setting and defense(our PG defense is killing us!)

For Melo, what's there to lose? I think if he was willing to come Phil would take Tobias, Baynes(or Boban?) and a 2018 first. Worth a shot to me. We aren't getting a star in free agency or the draft any time soon most likely, take the gamble. He doesn't pass or play D a ton, but we don't have a true go to scorer and Tobias doesn't do those things either.

We're a potential 5 or 6 seed as currently constructed, its plenty possible Melo takes us up there with Boston, Toronto and Washington. Its silly to suggest those teams are so out of reach IMO.

NBA lottery pick

I don't want to give up any first round picks necessarily. Especially in a trade involving Melo. This team could be worse off with him. I like Melo, but I'm not gutting a team for him. Look at how that worked for the Knicks. We would be them all over again.

I do agree this team has been better when they can run. Also, having a defensive PG would help. We should just tank and get one of those young guys lol.

NBA lottery pick

If we could just suck a little more. I say this every season lol. It burns us every time. I've been watching Lauri Markkanen of Arizona a bit. Seems like the Krisaps, Bender, Saric of this draft. He's a 7' stretch 4 that shoots 50% from the 3 point line (and attempts 5 per game). He could be a great fit next the Dre.

I'll tell you who we could use right now, who was drafted 2 spots AFTER we selected Diwiddie, and that is Nikola Jokic.... This dude is a BEAST. I have watched his past few games and he is a true cornerstone - such a pure talent.

He legit could be the best PF in the league right now...

NBA lottery pick

Yeah, I've watched a decent amount of him. Even had him on my fantasy team for a bit last season. Would we all agree PF is probably the one position that our team still needs the most help at?

I think Leur would be a very nice starting PF if we had a superstar backcourt / wing player (Lebron, KD, PG, Kawii, Beard, Beastbrook) etc. He is a very nice compliment I feel. But without a superstar, I feel like he does not give us enough there. So yes, you are probably right.

In my opinion I think he is one of the absolute, if not THE, best backup PF in the league. I love his game, very smooth and controlled with range and athleticism