Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Default Re: *The Truth About Chris Paul*

Blake will probably be a better player than him this season, but I don't think it means CP wouldn't be the leader. Nor do I think it counts the Clippers out of the race completely.

I could definitely see CP/Blake become a Malone/Stockton tandem with great longevity and a number of chances to win titles. There isn't an MJ in the league so f*ck, why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Stopped reading after this.

Clippers pretty much had zero depth. When you're relying on guys like Austin Rivers and Big Baby in the playoffs, you're in trouble. Doc Rivers is somewhat to blame. He's apparently the coach/GM. Why do you think they went after Stephenson, etc. They lack depth tremendously and it showed in the playoffs.
    Zero Depth?? Look at the Lakers in 10' playoffs the year they won the title, this was our depth off the bench: Lamar Odom 8ppg, Shannon Brown 4ppg,.

Vs Clippers: Crawford 12ppg, Rivers 8ppg had some outstanding games in the Houston Series, his ppg were higher for than round because he got to play.

This is truth, no more excuses for CP3...Today is the day he and his fans face the truth, he's not a winner.

Iggy

And please stop with the excuses. I hate when CP fanboys claim he didn't have enough help. The Clippers beat the f*cking Spurs who I said would have a great shot in doing so (others? not so much)... And guess who showed up in that game 7? Chris Paul.

They had more than enough help vs. Houston, and their best players choked a closeout game after being up double-digits. It's really that simple.

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Reddick, Crawford and Barnes all sh!t the bed, didn't they?

I didn't watch the series other than highlights but please someone post their 3pt field goal percentages for the series.

From what I remember they were worse than bad and consistently missing wide open 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I actually tend to think CP3 is a tad over-rated by most...especially here...

But...

In what ****ing world is Jamal Crawford as valuable as Iggy? You lose all basketball credibility stating this.
    Iggy was only valuable starting because he got to be WIDE OPEN because of ?Curry...And coming off the bench?

Last season Crawford vs Iggy Numbers:

Iggy- 8ppg 3st 3reb 1stl PER 12.3

Crawford- 18ppg 2ast 2reb stl PER 16.6

Crawford also finished 3rd in 6th man of the year award votes last season also...He was better than Iggy ALL YEAR....Now Iggy is getting overrated because he got Wide open shots all series with no one within 8ft of him..

Local High School Star No_Look604's Avatar

Give Chris Paul prime D.Wade, Chris Bosh, Jesus Shuttlesworth etc etc

and you have a two-time champion!

But you could say that for a handful of stars in the league today.

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    "HES NOT A WINNER" what a deep analogy

If Im not mistaken, he was like the only guy who played well in that game 7? Then the refs stopped their late comeback on a Harden bailout, ON CP3 himself?

OP mega meltdown
    Meltdown???

Anyway he played good in game 7??? What about being a leader for your team and winning with a 3-1 series lead while you have a top 3 PF and a top 3 Center?? I could see if CP3 was playing with a sh!tty cast and lost a 3-1 lead, but dude has a dope team and still loses, pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by No_Look604
    Give Chris Paul prime D.Wade, Chris Bosh, Jesus Shuttlesworth etc etc

and you have a two-time champion!

But you could say that for a handful of stars in the league today.

No the hell you wont

He already has Prime Griffin with 25ppg 12reb 6ast in the playoffs which easily sh!ts on any production Wade had in the playoffs following LeBron running to his team...Also give me Prime Deandre over Bosh anyday, not for offense but for defense. Sh!t Dre Day can score aswell.

But I'd give you that if, Wade were to control the ball and CP3 practiced shooting 3s and became a automatic spot up shooter and still controlled the game defensively with steals...then yea, I see a title.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Zero Depth?? Look at the Lakers in 10' playoffs the year they won the title, this was our depth off the bench: Lamar Odom 8ppg, Shannon Brown 4ppg,.

Vs Clippers: Crawford 12ppg, Rivers 8ppg had some outstanding games in the Houston Series, his ppg were higher for than round because he got to play.

This is truth, no more excuses for CP3...Today is the day he and his fans face the truth, he's not a winner.
    Well, obviously CP3 isn't Kobe.

rank sentamentalist

Even if you meant THAT:

Lets say CP3 and Curry cancel themselves out:

Griffin>>>Thompson
    Jordan>>>Green
    Crawford=Iggy
    Matt Barnes=Harrison Barnes
    Reddick>Livingston
    Austin Rivers>Barbosa

Doc Rivers>>>Steve Kerr

Imagine Curry getting doubled with the Clippers??? Blake getting the ball near the top of the ft line and running it into the paint verses Green?? Or Matt Barnes getting WIDE THEE F*CK OPEN NO ONE WITHIN 8ft 3s vs Iggy Non shootin ass?? No more slow ass Andrew Bogut getting athletically sh!tted on by a 6ft8 player and a Russian, instead Jordan who can block shots and out rebound a team???

I mean seriously, If Curry was on the Clippers, they'd been the ones hoisting the title with a 4-0 sweep of the Cavs.

worst post i have ever read on ish

Iggy was only valuable starting because he got to be WIDE OPEN because of ?Curry...And coming off the bench?

Last season Crawford vs Iggy Numbers:

Iggy- 8ppg 3st 3reb 1stl PER 12.3

Crawford- 18ppg 2ast 2reb stl PER 16.6

Crawford also finished 3rd in 6th man of the year award votes last season also...He was better than Iggy ALL YEAR....Now Iggy is getting overrated because he got Wide open shots all series with no one within 8ft of him..
    Box score watching... great argument. Iggy has been a better player for a long time, it's just that his role on the Warriors was different. His ability didn't drop off a cliff. It's pretty clear the defensive disparity between them outweights any offensive ones. Iggy was, at worst, the second best Warriors player in the finals, limiting LeBron to like 30% shooting. Crawford is a chucker that has never shot above 40% in ANY playoffs appearance. You can't be serious

defs a loser in the end...

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs

worst post i have ever read on ish
    Presidential Debate:

Obama-'I promise to get jobs for the American people, I want health care to be more accessible for those whom lacks the resources"

Opponent-" Worst speech I ever heard"

Judge-"Why is that? Can you refute it?"

Opponent-"Because its just the worst and NO, I cant"

Night Night/

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I actually tend to think CP3 is a tad over-rated by most...especially here...

But...

In what ****ing world is Jamal Crawford as valuable as Iggy? You lose all basketball credibility stating this.
    Two worlds..

1. NBA 2K ( actually not really since iggy dunks been always a weapon in 2k)
    2. A person that does not value defense that much ( In this case OP) which is dumb imo