Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Derrick Rose's MVP was a travesty.

It should've been Bron or Dwight.

Quote Originally Posted by Twiens
    Shut the **** up. Why are all Miami fans obsessed with hating on D-Rose? I sense some fear there, *******.
    4-1

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    MVP is a regular season award.
    Read my previous post. Rose wasn't a better scorer, passer, rebounder, or even a better defender than Lebron during the 2011 regular season. Name one aspect of the game in which Rose outplayed Lebron. Even the stats indicate that Lebron was a better player. Replace Rose with 'Bron and the Bulls win the Championship, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't particularly like Lebron.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Read my previous post. Rose wasn't a better scorer, passer, rebounder, or even a better defender than Lebron during the 2011 regular season. Name one aspect of the game in which Rose outplayed Lebron. Even the stats indicate that Lebron was a better player. Replace Rose with 'Bron and the Bulls win the Championship, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't particularly like Lebron.
    Except the MVP award doesn't always go to the best player, but the most valuable one. Who knows if Bulls win a ring with LBJ instead of Rose. Do you not remember how pitiful Lebron looked in the finals that year?

Very good NBA starter Orlando Magic's Avatar

Basically... I hate whenever the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls or Celtics have even a hint of a great player because they always get irrationally defended and worshipped.

Reason is because those teams have such large fan bases... naturally the overall number of retards is going to be larger and thus stick out like a sore thumb.

You guys can argue wether precedent means rose should have gotten the mvp or not but you damn well know that he did not nor did he ever do anything to actually deserve to be in the same breath with almost any other mvp ever.

The real thing that needs to change is the voting process because there's no damn way in hell that a guy like shaq who was UNDENIABLY AT A MINIMUM the most impacting player in the league for 3 years (I'd argue as many as 7 but it is inarguably 3) only has 1 mvp and a guy like rose who isn't even remotely close to being the player shaq was has the same amount of awards. It's a joke.

The media as a collective needs to be slapped and backhanded for stuff like that. Ridiculous.

Any given season they can basically choose whatever criteria they feel like and morally I have a problem with handing out the sport's top individual award to some random players based on voter fatigue or whatever you want to ****ing call it.

All it takes is one or two loud mouthed ignorant ******s to float the idea and like sheep the rest come flocking. It's the same reason that Tony Parker got mvp hype this year. Tony ****ing Parker. Lmfao.

Tony ****ing Parker. If that doesn't wake you up to the fact that something is terribly wrong, nothing ever will.
    Last edited by Orlando Magic; 07-21-2013 at 06:17 PM.

Local High School Star thabisyo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic
    Basically... I hate whenever the Lakers, Knicks, Bulls or Celtics have even a hint of a great player because they always get irrationally defended and worshipped.

Reason is because those teams have such large fan bases... naturally the overall number of retards is going to be larger and thus stick out like a sore thumb.

You guys can argue wether precedent means rose should have gotten the mvp or not but you damn well know that he did not nor did he ever do anything to actually deserve to be in the same breath with almost any other mvp ever.

The real thing that needs to change is the voting process because there's no damn way in hell that a guy like shaq who was UNDENIABLY AT A MINIMUM the most impacting player in the league for 3 years (I'd argue as many as 7 but it is inarguably 3) only has 1 mvp and a guy like rose who isn't even remotely close to being the player shaq was has the same amount of awards. It's a joke.

The media as a collective needs to be slapped and backhanded for stuff like that. Ridiculous.

Any given season they can basically choose whatever criteria they feel like and morally I have a problem with handing out the sport's top individual award to some random players based on voter fatigue or whatever you want to ****ing call it.
    Preach the truth.
    Shaq definately deserved more. Shaq was always disrespected in the NBA

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Orlando Magic

All it takes is one or two loud mouthed ignorant ******s to float the idea and like sheep the rest come flocking. It's the same reason that Tony Parker got mvp hype this year. Tony ****ing Parker. Lmfao.

Tony ****ing Parker. If that doesn't wake you up to the fact that something is terribly wrong, nothing ever will.

Real talk.

Dwight was my pick for 2011 MVP

NBA rookie of the year

2005 Steve Nash is the worse MVP winner in history, and it's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    2005 Steve Nash is the worse MVP winner in history, and it's not even close.
    Nah. At least the Suns had a massive turnaround offensively (21st to one of the greatest ever) by adding Nash. He was the major reason behind their elite attribute.

You can tell a Lebron dick rider when they say shit like "Rose didn't even deserve to be in the conversation...."

Thats a load of shit.

Lebron does everything better....blah blah blah..... He did everything better besides leading his team to less wins than the Rose-led Bulls in the regular season, which is what the MVP award is for, THE REGULAR SEASON.

Amateur bandwagon Heat bitches don't even know its a regular season award, how pathetic.

Rose had a great season and deserved MVP as much any other candidate. Nothing of what i just said is irrational or an overreaction.

This isn't like Malone winning MVP over Jordan. Jordan was clearly the GOAT and had won 4-5 titles by then and his team had the most regular season wins.

Rose's team had more wins than Miami and Lebron's 2 teammates were by far better than Rose's best two teammates.

Dwight Howard was robbed.

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    Dwight was my pick for 2011 MVP

4th or 5th seeded team can't really have the MVP in most peoples opinions.

omg roses mvp is much more sweeter now because of the doucheness that is dwight howard. im so glad that fake ass clown didn't even win it. he doesn't deserve to be in the class of mvps. derrick rose earned that mvp more than lebron earned his two rings.
    Last edited by Bucket_Nakedz; 07-21-2013 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Replace Rose with 'Bron and the Bulls win the Championship, and this is coming from a guy who doesn't particularly like Lebron.

i don't think u understand how difficult rose had it. lebron has the luxury of having a really good ball handlers in wade, chalmers and cole that can actually penetrate to the paint, while having spot 3 point shooters in battier, miller, jones and now allen.

the bulls had no one that could handle the ball effectively other than rose. no one