Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2018, 04:22 PM   #1
Nash
NBA All-star
 
Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 9,165
Default Perfect quote from an article about stans

Michael Lee: “Not only does Kobe Bryant have the most stans, he has the most aggressive stans. I think the main reason they’re so aggressive is because they feel the need to defend their guy. Right now, Kobe isn’t listed in the G.O.A.T. argument and I think that offends his base. So they’ll interject whenever a G.O.A.T. argument is taking place and not only mention Kobe, but also try to bash the players who are in the G.O.A.T. mix. That’s why it’s so funny that LeBron is with the Lakers now because people who spent a lot of time in recent years debating why Kobe is better than LeBron now have to come to terms with the fact that LeBron is on their team.”




Read more here:
https://hoops hype.com/2018/08/17/nba-fans-diehard-lebron-kobe-stans-curry-michael-jordan/

EDIT: Damn ISH won't let me link to rival sites
Nash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:36 PM   #2
LAmbruh
My city. His kingdom.
 
LAmbruh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,681
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans



Spot on


Not only do they have to come to terms with it


But by god if Lebron buldozes through the West or even gets the Conf Finals with THIS team?


BYE BYE Their precious 15 year long Wild Wild West rhetoric
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:55 PM   #3
brownmamba00
Cali Love
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,444
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

It goes both ways you know. Bron fans used to trash Kobe for playing for a 'winning' franchise.

This isn't Cleveland where you can hide things and sweep it under the rug. This is LA. Fans and media will micro analyze every step you take. We'll see if he can handle it.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 04:58 PM   #4
LAmbruh
My city. His kingdom.
 
LAmbruh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 5,681
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
It goes both ways you know. Bron fans used to trash Kobe for playing for a 'winning' franchise.

This isn't Cleveland where you can hide things and sweep it under the rug. This is LA. Fans and media will micro analyze every step y ou take. We'll see if he can handle it.
ROFL like how they've pampered and nursed Lonzo and Russell the past 3 years as they played like dogshit
LAmbruh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:04 PM   #5
PickernRoller
Playing RDR II
 
PickernRoller's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: In my wheelchair.
Posts: 8,097
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

Next on the menu:

"My mom says Kobe stans are bad losers"...

Check it out at www.milfhookup.com
PickernRoller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:11 PM   #6
FKAri
5-time NBA All-Star
 
FKAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 11,194
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownmamba00
It goes both ways you know. Bron fans used to trash Kobe for playing for a 'winning' franchise.

This isn't Cleveland where you can hide things and sweep it under the rug. This is LA. Fans and media will micro analyze every step you take. We'll see if he can handle it.
Exactly. Lebron's been playing in obscurity until now. He hasn't had any media scrutiny. Now with the added exposure there will be more tape on him. The general NBA fan will become familiar with him as well.
FKAri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:17 PM   #7
brownmamba00
Cali Love
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,444
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

Quote:
Originally Posted by LAmbruh
ROFL like how they've pampered and nursed Lonzo and Russell the past 3 years as they played like dogshit
Thats what im tryna tell you b. Its not easy playing in the spot light. Imagine the Lakers now losin in the first round of the POs. Your boy starts brickin gamewinners? Or even worse he starts passing it up to Javale Mcgee?

Pack your bags you're going back to cleveland ngga
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:23 PM   #8
SouBeachTalents
LeBron 2011 Jamesô
 
SouBeachTalents's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 13,400
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKAri
Exactly. Lebron's been playing in obscurity until now. He hasn't had any media scrutiny. Now with the added exposure there will be more tape on him. The general NBA fan will become familiar with him as well.
SouBeachTalents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:27 PM   #9
brownmamba00
Cali Love
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,444
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

Quote:
Originally Posted by FKAri
Exactly. Lebron's been playing in obscurity until now. He hasn't had any media scrutiny. Now with the added exposure there will be more tape on him. The general NBA fan will become familiar with him as well.
This is the same guy that ran out on Miami. You think LA is gonna go soft on him **** outta here.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:29 PM   #10
brownmamba00
Cali Love
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,444
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

This isnt the clippers bro bro. Champ or bust.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:40 PM   #11
kennethgriffen
College superstar
 
kennethgriffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ISH Legend since 2009
Posts: 4,573
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

the thing is. theres a ton of guys not in the goat convo. but they dont have a fan base like kobes. why? because kobes better than them. you dont get fans just by being disrespected. if that was the case shaq/hakeem/duncan/wilt would have fans marching the streets causing havoc because theyre even more forgotten today than kobe




fact is lebrons in the goat convo because hes current. not because hes anywhere close. when kobe was having big games guys like mark jackson/david stern/pat riley/george karl/phil jackson/tmac/mj and even lebron himself were saying hes right up there with MJ all time


they just dont do it anymore because it isnt part of the narrative .. its not exciting to talk about anyone but the best ever and who can catch him
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:43 PM   #12
kennethgriffen
College superstar
 
kennethgriffen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: ISH Legend since 2009
Posts: 4,573
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

lebron better get used to being just as irrelevant in all time discussions within the next 10 years ... whoever the next guy is will be the one compared with MJ... the lebron convos will be all but over
kennethgriffen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:47 PM   #13
Vino24
Blunt stuntiní
 
Vino24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Aussie
Posts: 1,475
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
the thing is. theres a ton of guys not in the goat convo. but they dont have a fan base like kobes. why? because kobes better than them. you dont get fans just by being disrespected. if that was the case shaq/hakeem/duncan/wilt would have fans marching the streets causing havoc because theyre even more forgotten today than kobe




fact is lebrons in the goat convo because hes current. not because hes anywhere close. when kobe was having big games guys like mark jackson/david stern/pat riley/george karl/phil jackson/tmac/mj and even lebron himself were saying hes right up there with MJ all time


they just dont do it anymore because it isnt part of the narrative .. its not exciting to talk about anyone but the best ever and who can catch him
Nope. Lebronís accomplishments and resume absolutely challenges Jordan. This isnít flash in a pan moments like what Kobe had that make fans draw the comparison
Vino24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:48 PM   #14
baudkarma
I usually hit open layups
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 190
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nash
Michael Lee: “Not only does Kobe Bryant have the most stans, he has the most aggressive stans. I think the main reason they’re so aggressive is because they feel the need to defend their guy. Right now, Kobe isn’t listed in the G.O.A.T. argument and I think that offends his base. So they’ll interject whenever a G.O.A.T. argument is taking place and not only mention Kobe, but also try to bash the players who are in the G.O.A.T. mix. That’s why it’s so funny that LeBron is with the Lakers now because people who spent a lot of time in recent years debating why Kobe is better than LeBron now have to come to terms with the fact that LeBron is on their team.”




Read more here:
https://hoops hype.com/2018/08/17/nba-fans-diehard-lebron-kobe-stans-curry-michael-jordan/

EDIT: Damn ISH won't let me link to rival sites

Fixed it for you.

No I didn't. You're right. My bad.
baudkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2018, 05:55 PM   #15
brownmamba00
Cali Love
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 5,444
Default Re: Perfect quote from an article about stans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vino24
Nope. Lebronís accomplishments and resume absolutely challenges Jordan. This isnít flash in a pan moments like what Kobe had that make fans draw the comparison
Yeah rite Jordan at 34 was in the middle of his second 3peat meanwhile Bron is still hoppin from team to team chasing rings.
brownmamba00 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:


Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:52 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

NBA Basketball

NBA Rumors

Basketball Blog

NBA Videos

Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy