Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star alexthegod's Avatar

Default Trade Needs all 30 teams from CBS sports

Awesome blast!

Los Angeles Lakers

Record: 11-44

They need to trade Byron Scott, but since that's not happening, they should stand pat. There are little deals to be made with Roy Hibbert or Brandon Bass, but they won't get major upgrades without dealing the youngsters, and they badly need to hold onto the youngsters.

full article: http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...r-all-30-teams

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer SoCalMike's Avatar

Default Re: Trade Needs all 30 teams from CBS sports

the only thing i would hope for is if they do make a smaller move, that they get a nice draft pick out of it... focus on continued rebuilding.

Default Re: Will the Lakers trade anyone?

No, they wont trade anyone....

NBA lottery pick

Haha, looks like most of us were right. It was a pretty slow trade deadline for the most part. I really didn't think any of those potential blockbuster trades would happen until the off season. Kevin Love and Carmelo will for sure be in the rumors again this summer. Unless of course the Cavs somehow win a championship lol. The Melo will be the name getting thrown around.

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Haha, looks like most of us were right. It was a pretty slow trade deadline for the most part. I really didn't think any of those potential blockbuster trades would happen until the off season. Kevin Love and Carmelo will for sure be in the rumors again this summer. Unless of course the Cavs somehow win a championship lol. The Melo will be the name getting thrown around.
    That is an interesting thought.. they will have tons of cap space (over $50M). What will be interesting is how they will blend their talented young prospects (including a really good potential top 3 - 1st round pick this year) with acquiring supporting pieces to develop a team for championships for years. This is huge and will be all on the front office to do it properly (which I have little faith in at this point).

I know there is the opportunity for tons of debate and philosophy around this topic.

And to add to the fuel of my post above, I don't see a player like Melo as a good fit for their strategy.

Younger "up and comers" are what they should be going after - build a strong and DEEP core of younger players... IMO :)

NBA lottery pick

I didn't mean Melo or Love to LA. I just meant in the trade rumors in general. Typically those superstar players aren't dealt at the deadline. It takes weeks to put those deals together. At the trade deadline everyone tries to hurry and make something happen in a few days. I think it will be the same Love to Boston, Melo to Cleveland type rumors. Then maybe some sign and trade stuff with Whiteside and Howard.

The Lakers are obviously going to try to sign Durant in the off season. That's a huge long shot. I would expect them to end up with some more B players this time around. It's a weak FA class.