Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-17-2009, 12:26 AM   #16
baseketball4life
NBA Superstar

baseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbaseketball4life is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: who's better: Tyson Chandler or Andris Biedrins?

Chandler when he's right mentally and physically is sick, but I'd take Biedrins.
baseketball4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 01:02 AM   #17
HAzE024
KRYPTONATE!

HAzE024 has decent reputationHAzE024 has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticForce1349
Biedrins. I am pleased so many people feel the same way. I thought Chandler would get all he love just because he plays with CP3.

Exactly my thoughts. I'm proud of ISH.
HAzE024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:16 AM   #18
Godfather
Banned

Godfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected posterGodfather is a pretty well-respected poster

Chandler and it isn't close for me.

Chandler is a slightly better rebounder (plays for slowest team in the NBA), and a worlds better defender.
Godfather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 02:23 AM   #19
Brujesino
Someone buy me a PS4

Brujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableBrujesino is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather

and a worlds better defender.

maybe he has better block skills but rebounding about the same

beidrins is only 22 and hes improving so i take beidrins
Brujesino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 04:38 AM   #20
Toizumi
veteran savvy

Toizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterToizumi is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brujesino

maybe he has better block skills but rebounding about the same

beidrins is only 22 and hes improving so i take beidrins

Defense isn't only about rebounding and blocking shots. There's no stat for good on ball- and help defense. Watching games, IMO Chandler is the smarter and stronger defender. Biedrins however is better on offense. Who I'd pick would depend on the team's system and style of play. However if I'd have to pick one of these two to build a team around I would go for Chandler.
Toizumi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 05:11 AM   #21
Lebron23
Banned

Lebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableLebron23 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Andris Biedrins
Lebron23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 06:11 AM   #22
dirkdiggler41
(no Dirk homer)

dirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this boarddirkdiggler41 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toizumi
Defense isn't only about rebounding and blocking shots. There's no stat for good on ball- and help defense. Watching games, IMO Chandler is the smarter and stronger defender. Biedrins however is better on offense. Who I'd pick would depend on the team's system and style of play. However if I'd have to pick one of these two to build a team around I would go for Chandler.

You could never build a team around either. Biedrins is a great finisher around the rim and worked well with Baron Davis. The same goes for Tyson Chandler. He works well with Chris Paul, but is not the same finisher as Biedrins. What Chandler got his great post defense. He is long and does not do silly mistakes from what I have seen. To be honest, I have not seen much of Biedrins defense, but that has something to do with Don Nelson.
Anyway, I would rather have Biedrins becaus he is 4years younger and not far from Tyson Chandler in skill. What people need to understand that they might be 2 skinny centers who rebounds and blocks shoots, but one is a very good offensive player while the other is a very defensive player.
dirkdiggler41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 07:02 AM   #23
stephanieg
College superstar

stephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected posterstephanieg is a pretty well-respected poster

Biedrins. However, Chandler shut down Duncan in the playoffs last year. Well, not really, but about as close as I've ever seen it. So against the Spurs I'll take Chandler.
stephanieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:45 AM   #24
JJ81
Good college starter

JJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this boardJJ81 is popular on this board

Andris Biedrins
JJ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:49 AM   #25
NOHCP3
Pelican Brief

NOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this boardNOHCP3 is popular on this board

Chandler. Not by alot. But no sway in my mind.

Defender and a Warriors player dont belong in the same sentence. While AB is a great rebounder, Id rather have a healthy Chandler in the middle.Now Im not saying hes going to completely shut down any elite big man but I would rather have Chandler v Duncan then Biedrins. No offensive game what so ever for Chandler. But Ill take his size.
NOHCP3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2009, 10:58 AM   #26
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Chandler is a better man defender but not by that much.
Chandler is a better help defender.
Biedrins is a better scorer.
Biedrins is a better passer.
Biedrins is a better shooter.
They are both great offensive rebounders. I'll give the nod to Biedrins for better rebounder though because he's a beast for getting that many in 31 minutes and I like his hustling and boxing out more than Chandler's.

Who I'd take on the Knicks? Biedrins any day. Biedrins has a much higher ceiling. Chandler will be playing like he is now for the rest of his career. In high school he could just score on will, but this isn't high school anymore. I'd say Curry was a better counterpart for Chandler. They could have gone places together with Chandler helping Curry on D.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 10:12 PM   #27
Faptastrophe
Rivalries Never Die

Faptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableFaptastrophe is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Oh my :/

Faptastrophe is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: