Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 12-15-2007, 12:36 PM   #61
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Phesto has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Raptors @ Pacers official GT

An aside note:

If anyone has the time and skills, they should take clips of Kap making all those 3s, but edit in some fire and NBA Jam voice overs of "He's heating up..." and "He's on FIRE!".

Just a thought...haha
Phesto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #62
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

bballnoob is considered somewhat coolbballnoob is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phesto
Are you really a bball noob?
The reason the Raps came back in this game is because Bosh was being smart and passing out of the collapsing Indy D and as a result Kapono knocks down 1.8 million 3s (hence a 22 point 2nd half swing). So you'd rather Bosh be more aggressive (a la 1st half where they went down by 11 at the break)?

Yeah cuz Bosh was the reason they were down 11 . Stop acting like Kapono scoring 20+ is the norm. In most instances, Bosh driving is the most important thing in our offense in addition to good PG play. I'm sure attempting fadaway J's and not taking advantage of the extreme Murphy/Foster mismatch helped a lot. Obviously your using hindsight with the Kapono example.
bballnoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:11 PM   #63
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bballnoob
Yeah cuz Bosh was the reason they were down 11 . Stop acting like Kapono scoring 20+ is the norm. In most instances, Bosh driving is the most important thing in our offense in addition to good PG play. I'm sure attempting fadaway J's and not taking advantage of the extreme Murphy/Foster mismatch helped a lot. Obviously your using hindsight with the Kapono example.

No, I just don't get why you would make that suggestion after seeing how things played out in the 2nd half. Bosh was owning the Pacers in the 1st half, they make an adjustment to try and stop Bosh in the 2nd half and it seemed to backfire on them.

I agree, I love seeing an agressive Bosh as well. His games when he gets to the line 14-18 times are great and are usually Raptor victories! But after seeing what happened in this game, why would you wish Bosh was more agressive (and perhaps forcing some shots, etc.)?

And for ffs, it's "you're" not "your" (not just directed at you, but internet msg boards and forums in general).

EDIT: Also, I've just been alerted that Kapono is shooting 53.7% FG and 54.3% 3pt% on the season, so him going off for 20+ in a half was bound to happen...

Last edited by Phesto : 12-15-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:12 PM   #64
kurupt
I hit open layups

kurupt has no real reputation yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Marvin for Jose = fair deal. I bet Atlanta still wouldn't do it though because settling NOW for Jose instead of Marvin when they could've had Paul or Williams will be embarassing.

I'd only trade Jose in the offseason though and only if the Raptors have a backup PG signed or close to being signed (Chris Duhon?).

why would you only trade him in the offseason??? you know we re not winning a championship this season right??? trade him whenever you get the best deal, calderon does equal marvin but atl wont do that yet, hopfeully we might be able to pull out some sort of sign and trade for josh smith, we d definatley have to offer the max which i dont mind, and atl would have to very weary of giving him a max contract, which seems plausible giving the rumblings out of atl, so we ll see, hopefully we get smith somehow in the offseason
kurupt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:13 PM   #65
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach

bjtrdff has decent reputationbjtrdff has decent reputation

Most Toronto fans don't say keep both, that's why I posted. Specifically because I was someone who said ditch one.

But the bottom line is TJ will always be at risk for injuries, and we're not going to get an elite 2 guard for either of them. So why not keep both, and get the best production in the league from the PG spot, and also be virtually injury proof?
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:16 PM   #66
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phesto
No, I just don't get why you would make that suggestion after seeing how things played out in the 2nd half. Bosh was owning the Pacers in the 1st half, they make an adjustment to try and stop Bosh in the 2nd half and it seemed to backfire on them.

I agree, I love seeing an agressive Bosh as well. His games when he gets to the line 14-18 times are great and are usually Raptor victories! But after seeing what happened in this game, why would you wish Bosh was more agressive (and perhaps forcing some shots, etc.)?

And for ffs, it's "you're" not "your" (not just directed at you, but internet msg boards and forums in general).

I made that statement because last night was an unusual scenario. I'm looking past the end result here. I'm not concerned with him passing out when Indy's defence was creeping towards him. I'm concerned with when he does have a mismatch one on one, he's playing soft and settling for the jumper.

We were fortunate in this case that Kapono was on fire and Humphries hit his jumpers but like you agreed, when Bosh attacks, there are very few instances where that is the best thing for the Raptors.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:20 PM   #67
Qwyjibo
Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

Qwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterQwyjibo is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Whether they keep them both hinges on Bargnani and whether he can pull his head out of his ass sometime. If Bargnani can develop into a solid to good player (not even expecting any greatness out of him) then the Raptors might have enough talent to be a contending team. If he doesn't, you can't put so much money into only one position where neither of the two PGs can play SG if you have holes elsewhere.

Also Moon's offense is another key thing. Right now he is near useless with the ball in his hands on offense. He needs to develop any sort of consistent mid-range game but he is 27 so if he hasn't developed it yet, I don't like his chances. He's a good rebounder and defensive player but it's hard for any team to play 4 on 5 on offense.
Qwyjibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 01:29 PM   #68
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Quote:
I made that statement because last night was an unusual scenario. I'm looking past the end result here. I'm not concerned with him passing out when Indy's defence was creeping towards him. I'm concerned with when he does have a mismatch one on one, he's playing soft and settling for the jumper.

We were fortunate in this case that Kapono was on fire and Humphries hit his jumpers but like you agreed, when Bosh attacks, there are very few instances where that is the best thing for the Raptors.

Far enough if you meant for future matchups like that. You can see why I was baffled at such a suggestion for this game after how it turned out!
Old 12-15-2007, 01:32 PM   #69
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Yeah I'm kind of cynical even in a pretty good win.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:37 PM   #70
Phesto
Fire BC! Hire GG!

Quote:
Yeah I'm kind of cynical even in a pretty good win.

Which is fine, but personally I'll reserve that kind of attitude for when/if the Raptors can reach the caliber of a Spurs or Pistons team that win consistently at a high level. I think only then can we really be nit-picking solid road wins, etc.
Old 12-15-2007, 01:50 PM   #71
bballnoob
Decent college freshman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
Whether they keep them both hinges on Bargnani and whether he can pull his head out of his ass sometime. If Bargnani can develop into a solid to good player (not even expecting any greatness out of him) then the Raptors might have enough talent to be a contending team. If he doesn't, you can't put so much money into only one position where neither of the two PGs can play SG if you have holes elsewhere.

Also Moon's offense is another key thing. Right now he is near useless with the ball in his hands on offense. He needs to develop any sort of consistent mid-range game but he is 27 so if he hasn't developed it yet, I don't like his chances. He's a good rebounder and defensive player but it's hard for any team to play 4 on 5 on offense.

I wish Moon could slash a bit more off the ball and take advantage of the hops. Right now, it's pure agony watching him try to beat his man off the dribble than pull up for a J. If we played a more up tempo style, we'd probably get away with it but right now you're right, he's really killing us on offense especially with Rasho not much of a threat.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: