Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: The 2 obvious flaws in the Love/Kyrie/Lebron trio

Quote Originally Posted by poido123
    Love was a product of being given the green light to shoot in Minny. Outside of rebounding, some trail 3s and some outlet passing, what huge impact will he provide?
    So, he's a good rebounder, a good shooter, and a good passer. What more do you need? [COLOR="White"]Don't be an ass and say defense.[/COLOR]

Irving has some nice handles and finishes but his catch and shoot game is no good(lebron kickouts), and he needs the ball to be most effective.
    LeBron has NEVER played with a top tier PG. It will be fun to see what they can do together.

We know what lebron provides, but will he shine in all the pressure situations?
    Are people still saying that LeBron is not clutch after the last 3 years? Sure, '11 was a disaster and LeBron became Waldo, but this ain't '11 anymore. Anyone who thinks that LeBron is not clutch is an idiot.

First year together, rookie coach. Lot of hype for a team with so many changes, lack of defense and lack of experience.
    I agree to an extant. It's either gonna be an epic season for the Cavs or a total disaster ('12 Lakers).

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    He's more clutch than Rose. And last year he was the Heat's consistent scorer in the playoffs and finals

Haven't seen enough of rose to make that judgment.

Lebron on the other hand...
    Last edited by poido123; 08-08-2014 at 07:35 AM.

Very good NBA starter

in the past 2 years Lebron has won 2 rings and 2 mvps while Rose had 2 knee injuries and chose to sit out of the playoffs

Dunking on everybody in the park

This much is clear…

The Cleveland Cavaliers are one of only two teams in the EC that can legitimately win the conference and compete for a championship, along with the Chicago Bulls. There are a couple of other quality teams in the Eastern conference like Miami, Washington and Toronto, but they won't be able to stack up against either Chicago or Cleveland in a seven game playoff series.

The pairing of LeBron James, Kevin Love and Irving are three of the top 25 players in the league, not to mention two clearly top 10 players in Love and LeBron. What trio outside of Oklahoma City would be better? This trio in Cleveland also provides superior outside shooting then what LeBron James had in Miami.

When you factor in quality ballplayers like Varejao, Waiters, Thompson and likely veterans like Marion, Mike Miller and perhaps 1-2 more and you have the makings of a fantastic team with more overall talent than anything about played alongside in Miami.

Cleveland is, at worst, the top four team in the league next season.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    So, he's a good rebounder, a good shooter, and a good passer. What more do you need? [COLOR="White"]Don't be an ass and say defense.[/COLOR]

LeBron has NEVER played with a top tier PG. It will be fun to see what they can do together.

Are people still saying that LeBron is not clutch after the last 3 years? Sure, '11 was a disaster and LeBron became Waldo, but this ain't '11 anymore. Anyone who thinks that LeBron is not clutch is an idiot.

I agree to an extant. It's either gonna be an epic season for the Cavs or a total disaster ('12 Lakers).

Again, love is a good name on paper. But people are making out like the cavs have teamed together 3 "lebron level talent" players together and are unbeatable.

Those things love provides are great from a role player, not so great when you expect so much more from a so called "big 3 star".

Again, Irving will not be able to change his catch and shoot game overnight. Will lebron hand the ball handling duties to irving ? If not, I see this as a problem...

I'm still not convinced that lebron excels under pressure. His dash to greener pastures in Cleveland should remind us of that.

We have seen enough to know that Rose is mentally weak. Was cleared by doctors to return for the playoffs, but sat out because he was too scared to face Lebron again.
    I honestly don't understand how anyone with any self respect can still support that mental midget.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    in the past 2 years Lebron has won 2 rings and 2 mvps while Rose had 2 knee injuries and chose to sit out of the playoffs

A guy who sits out and takes a cautious approach on a serious knee injury should hardly be held accountable for that..

Lebron is good at winning when there are no challengers in sight

HomieWeMajor
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    And Lebron also trimmed down in the off season. He's in the best shape of his NBA Career. We are going to see 2009 and 2010 Lebron running the fast break for the Heat.
    Old habits die hard eh ?

Again, love is a good name on paper. But people are making out like the cavs have teamed together 3 "lebron level talent" players together and are unbeatable.
    Love is definitely a superstar. Dude might suck on defense, but he's an incredible offensive player. Can shoot really well and is a good passer. Also a damn good rebounder. He might not be LeBron level, but he's a top 10 player in the league. He just had a 26/13/4 on 59% TS season.

Those things love provides are great from a role player, not so great when you expect so much more from a so called "big 3 star".
    20+ points, 12+ rebounds, and good passing is not great? Dude is efficient as well. 59% TS. To put that in perspective, Rose was at 55% TS during his MVP season.

Again, Irving will not be able to change his catch and shoot game overnight. Will lebron hand the ball handling duties to irving ? If not, I see this as a problem...
    He never had players like LeBron and Love drawing defenders away from him. Lets see what he does. He's a pretty good 3pt shooter (38% for his career). It's not like he can't shoot. The reduction in defensive attention will help him significantly.

I'm still not convinced that lebron excels under pressure. His dash to greener pastures in Cleveland should remind us of that.

Well, then you're just an idiot. Dude is one of the GOAT elimination game performers. Won several game 7's while putting up really good numbers (the last 3 years).

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Nobody is acting like that...But among all the big men in the league I don't think there is a better offensive fit with Lebron than Love..

-Elite Rebounding
    -Elite Passing
    -Great shooting/floor spreading abilities
    -Solid post-game

That's a role player?

This whole "Irving sucks on catch and shoots" i'm presuming comes from the fact that he shot 32.1% on catch and shoot 3s this year which 1) isn't really that bad.. 2) He shot 10% higher efg on spot-ups in 2013 than 2014...which indicates that 2014 was more of an anomaly than a trend... 3) He's gonna be getting a lot better looks playing with lebron/love and having blatt coaching rather than Mike Brown (who might've been the worst offensive coach in the league this past-season)

NBA All-star

on paper right now, that team is far superior in terms of rebounding compared to the Heat team.

their transition defense also won't heavily rely on their star players because they have other hustle players.

they still might be troubled in the half court set, especially if there's a big like Dirk/Aldridge.

I see their eFG% to be pretty good though.

but I also thought Kobe/Pau/Dwight/Nash would work

that's that.

Local High School Star

Why you guys even waste time responding to poido? Now he's saying that this Cavs team is nothing special and all hype because he desperately wants to convince himself that Bulls will take them out easily. Then when it will suit his agenda to hate on Lebron he will be saying(and he was already saying that, won't bother to find his posts) that Lebron took the easy way out when he joined this stacked Cavs team, left Miami for greener pastures etc,...he's not very bright and a huge hypocrite at the same time. He will be saying and creating multiple threads how Cavs are all hype and not a good team then at the same time he will be saying how stacked this Cavs team is to put down Lebron. You all should know that by now, it's not worth responding to him and his threads.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by LBJ 23
    Why you guys even waste time responding to poido? Now he's saying that this Cavs team is nothing special and all hype because he desperately wants to convince himself that Bulls will take them out easily. Then when it will suit his agenda to hate on Lebron he will be saying(and he was already saying that, won't bother to find his posts) that Lebron took the easy way out when he joined this stacked Cavs team, left Miami for greener pastures etc,...he's not very bright and huge hypocrite at the same time. He will be saying and creating multiple threads how Cavs are all hype and not a good team then at the same time he will be saying how stacked this Cavs team is to put down Lebron. You all shuold know that vy now, it's not worth responding to him and his threads.
    Another LeBron stan trying to act like everyone is saying this Cavs team isn't a threat while subsequently implying that those sample people are in denial of how stacked the Cavs are?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    Nobody is acting like that...But among all the big men in the league I don't think there is a better offensive fit with Lebron than Love..

-Elite Rebounding
    -Elite Passing
    -Great shooting/floor spreading abilities
    -Solid post-game

That's a role player?

This whole "Irving sucks on catch and shoots" i'm presuming comes from the fact that he shot 32.1% on catch and shoot 3s this year which 1) isn't really that bad.. 2) He shot 10% higher efg on spot-ups in 2013 than 2014...which indicates that 2014 was more of an anomaly than a trend... 3) He's gonna be getting a lot better looks playing with lebron/love and having blatt coaching rather than Mike Brown (who might've been the worst offensive coach in the league this past-season)

I'm not a fan of love's skill set and I'm not entirely convinced playing with lebron he will maximize his strengths(see bosh). His scoring is way overrated, he's limited to shooting really, he can't break guys off the dribble and he has has a solid post game? Really?

Love is very overrated and we will soon see why. His rebounding will go up, but I see a bosh effect on the offensive end.

Great college starter

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    1. Kevin Love is injury prone. He'll probably get hurt in Cleveland.

2. Love and Kyrie will never be the defensive players that Bosh and Wade were during Miami's championship seasons.

I've been rooting for Lebron but this team as currently constructed is not better than OKC or the Spurs.

I agree.