Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Default Re: Revisiting the Ray allen and Kobe Bryant beef

Ray will never be forgotten for 2 reasons:

1. All time 3 point leader
    2. I foresee a long career in media

Kobe will be remembered longer, for good and bad reasons. He wont be revered like Magic, Bird, Jordan due to his personality and off court troubles. Kobe lovers will be angry about that statement but its true.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    There is no denyin that... its just that some ppl if you look back have been saying that not only ray but players like stockton, robinson, nash, A.I will be afterthoughts too which I dont think so at all
    They will be afterthoughts compared to the elites of their eras who had major individual and team success like Kobe, Shaq, MJ, etc. Being an afterthought does not mean being forgotten. It means that they will be thought of after the elite. Kind of like guys like Dominique Wilkins. We all remember him and who he was, but he is not remembered like MJ is.

Quote Originally Posted by Boston C's
    There is no denyin that... its just that some ppl if you look back have been saying that not only ray but players like stockton, robinson, nash, A.I will be afterthoughts too which I dont think so at all
    Robinson as in David Robinson?

I'd say he will be remembered longer than Kobe. He was a better player.

If you are starting a franchise and are choosing between the 2 its a no-brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Robinson as in David Robinson?

I'd say he will be remembered longer than Kobe. He was a better player.
    You are kidding right? Kobe will be remembered long after DRob for his titles and on individual success. DRob is not even the best center of his era. You could say Kobe is the best shooting guard of his era.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas

Being an afterthought does not mean being forgotten. It means that they will be thought of after the elite.
    Thank god.

Quote Originally Posted by ihatetimthomas
    You are kidding right? Kobe will be remembered long after DRob for his titles and on individual success. DRob is not even the best center of his era. You could say Kobe is the best shooting guard of his era.
    You are a joke.

Really you are a pretender.

What a pathetic post.

Oh no, D-Rob isnt the greatest center of his era, with only Shaq better than him and Hakeem arguably better. 2 of the greatest players ever.

Kobe, yeah greatest SG of his era...... better than, um, um, Ray Allen and Vince Carter.

You are a joke.

What a pathetic post.

Oh no, D-Rob isnt the greatest center of his era, with only Shaq better than him and Hakeem arguably better. 2 of the greatest players ever.

Kobe, yeah greatest SG of his era...... better than, um, um, Ray Allen and Vince Carter.
    Kobe has had better team success and better individual success.

Tell me, what exactly makes Robinson better than Kobe?

Just about every analyst and NBA player will rank Kobe ahead of Robinson. So I guess the thoughts of a pathetic poster like you trumps theirs?

You are a joke.

What a pathetic post.

Ray, Carter , Wade>Ritchmond , Drexler , Hornacek

Good High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by AlphaWolf24
    Ray, Carter , Wade>Ritchmond , Drexler , Hornacek
    next

Decent playground baller

Uh Kobe won't be remembered more than David Robinson? Excuse me dumba$$, when is the last time the Admiral got a mention in this forum besides this current post. Kobe's brand, effect on the game, the NBA, the global recognition, dude is going to be remembered hell of a long time. To say he won't be in the same breath as Bird and Magic, well that's subjective. I would say globally he will be remembered way more than Bird and Magic. Kobe's highlights are all plastered over youtube, his game is recognized by players of older generation, and this generation. Like it or not, as a name/brand, Kobe could be up to par with Jordan when it is all say and done.

You can hate him because he is cocky, over confidence SOB, but you can't hate his game, his global presence. There is a reason why, every summer he is always the FIRST and the MOST sought after player to take a tour in Asia. If Lebron is the King, Kobe is the freaking emperor outside of US.

Take your head out of your a$$, and GTFO with sh!t like DRob will be remembered more than Kobe.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

They had some great duels when Ray was on the Sonics.