Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Mavs fan here-why I hate the Rondo trade and why it is terrible

First and foremost, Rondo has a dominant personality. That works well when you're the best or second best guy on the team but on Dallas there's two guys clearly better and another (Parsons) that I would argue is better. I don't know how well he will mesh with these guys.

Here's the main issue-he's taking the ball out of Monta's hands. Monta is having an MVP-caliber or slightly below MVP caliber level season and every time the ball is in his hands good things happen. I am very worried that this will affect his confidence and production.

Next-Rondo sucks at shooting. All the Mavs need at the PG spot is a steady hand and a distributor. They didn't get that.

Losing Wright-this hurts. He's good for 10-12 easy high percentage buckets a game and can get the opposition in foul trouble with his above the rim play. Now the Mavs lose that and an already thin frontcourt.

Default Re: Mavs fan here-why I hate the Rondo trade and why it is terrible

Let me guess, they should have traded for Dragic?

Wright was scorin 20-24 points a night

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dunksby
    Let me guess, they should have traded for Dragic?
    Nah they should have kept the same core and let them continue to improve.

Dragic and Monta is redundant.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ThatCoolKid
    Wright was scorin 20-24 points a night
    Shit I mean 6-7 buckets.

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    First and foremost, Rondo has a dominant personality. That works well when you're the best or second best guy on the team but on Dallas there's two guys clearly better and another (Parsons) that I would argue is better. I don't know how well he will mesh with these guys.

Here's the main issue-he's taking the ball out of Monta's hands. Monta is having an MVP-caliber or slightly below MVP caliber level season and every time the ball is in his hands good things happen. I am very worried that this will affect his confidence and production.

Next-Rondo sucks at shooting. All the Mavs need at the PG spot is a steady hand and a distributor. They didn't get that.

Losing Wright-this hurts. He's good for 10-12 easy high percentage buckets a game and can get the opposition in foul trouble with his above the rim play. Now the Mavs lose that and an already thin frontcourt.
    you are so right. rondos personality is risky. he culd destroy teams la familia atmosphere. and dont forget that rondo is by far not the all-defense rondo anymore. people forget about that.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    you are so right. rondos personality is risky. he culd destroy teams la familia atmosphere. and dont forget that rondo is by far not the all-defense rondo anymore. people forget about that.
    I mean I think he knows he's at best the 3rd best player on the team now.

But the move makes no sense. Any move that takes the ball out of Monta's hands is a horrible move.

I've been saying the trade happen that Rondo can't shoot. But apparently that helps make the team better according to some dumb ****s on ish

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    I mean I think he knows he's at best the 3rd best player on the team now.

But the move makes no sense. Any move that takes the ball out of Monta's hands is a horrible move.
    only hope is that rondo will have a "monta-modification" like monta had from "bucks-monta" to "dallas-monta". dirk can make everything happen.

hopefully rondo was just pissed to play in a EC lottery team....

I disagree. Monta is playing great, but he handles the ball too much. When he plays its more iso then team play. That will not work as well during the playoffs. He cant run our offense, and none of the pointguards we got are good enough to run it, till now. I also dont trust Nelon/Harris/Barea against the splash brothers, Westbrook or CP3.

Banned

only hope is that rondo will have a "monta-modification" like monta had from "bucks-monta" to "dallas-monta". dirk can make everything happen.

I feel like Monta was only that way because his teams were so shitty.

I mean he transformed himself within about a month into the 2013-2014 season. And the way he's completely dominated this season leads me to believe he had the complete game all along but couldn't show it because he was forced to take terrible shots on terrible teams

Yeah, Rondo has always been a better player when the spotlight was brighter. He obviously turns his game on and off depending on whether he gives a f, maybe he was tanking with the Celtics.

Hard to think a guy who can torch the Miami Heat like this in the playoffs isn't capable of averaging 10 ppg https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N90C-mdaVzQ

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    I disagree. Monta is playing great, but he handles the ball too much. When he plays its more iso then team play. That will not work as well during the playoffs. He cant run our offense, and none of the pointguards we got are good enough to run it, till now. I also dont trust Nelon/Harris/Barea against the splash brothers, Westbrook or CP3.
    His pick and roll with Dirk is incredible. He gets to the basket at will on his own.

Also he was a beast in the postseason against the Spurs and has been balling out in 4th quarters all season long. In the 4th quarter I want the ball in Monta's hands on every possession.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by keep-itreal
    I've been saying the trade happen that Rondo can't shoot. But apparently that helps make the team better according to some dumb ****s on ish
    yeah I guess if he plays good defense it's a step up from Nelson, etc. But he will be terrible for the spacing.

Even if Rondo is a horrible shooter, there are plenty of shooters on Dallas to make up for it. I don't think Rondo objects to taking less shots and passing more.