Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Default Re: Duncan over Cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Its strange that in a game of the best players, the best players aren't in it.

Coaches are people bruh. They are supposed to vote for the best without letting personal feelings get in the way but that would never happen, if they think big homie is an asshole then they will be reluctant to vote for him.

Add to that Duncan is an all time great and coaches dream then its not suprising he got it over Boogie.

Edit: I like DMC and the way he says what he feels but he needs to realise not even LBJ can go around doing and saying everything he wants without copping shit for it. Cousins may have to wise up a bit and start playing the 'game'.

All he has done so far is put up awesome numbers on a bad team that loses alot. Throw in what coaches perceive as a shitty attitude and there goes an all star snub.
    Last edited by BigMacAttack; 01-29-2015 at 11:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Shrute
    No it's not... It's a Popularity contest
    Incorrect Mr. Shrute

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    Its strange that in a game of the best players, the best players aren't in it.
    The best players, as voted by the coaches. The guys that actually know the players and understand the NBA at a very high level. Not guys who rely on a few stat categories.

Quote Originally Posted by BigMacAttack
    Coaches are people bruh. They are supposed to vote for the best without letting personal feelings get in the way but that would never happen, if they think big homie is an asshole then they will be reluctant to vote for him.

Add to that Duncan is an all time great and coaches dream then its not suprising he got it over Boogie.

Edit: I like DMC and the way he says what he feels but he needs to realise not even LBJ can go around doing and saying everything he wants without copping shit for it. Cousins may have to wise up a bit and start playing the 'game'.

All he has done so far is put up awesome numbers on a bad team that loses alot. Throw in what coaches perceive as a shitty attitude and there goes an all star snub.
    Cousins needs to think of it as a job. Attitude (of the player) and perception (of the coaches/voters) count a lot.

As far as Duncan is concerned, I'd rather he stay home and rest.

The reasoning behind the criteria used to choose all-stars should be consistent. If 3 Hawks are gonna be rewarded (for a great team record), then Durant (who's missed more games than he's played) shouldn't be chosen when OKC's record is so bad. By that criteria, Liliard should have been chosen.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Shih508
    If they picked Cousin over Duncan, do you think it's right that Kings has one all star while Spurs has 0?
    This is what it all comes down to. We're the 6th seed in the West, would be pretty ridiculous to not have an all-star and for a 16-28 team to have one. Don't care what his stats are, his team sucks and the best teams should have at least one all-star representative.

Point. Blank. Period.

High School Varsity 6th Man BigMacAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rmt
    Cousins needs to think of it as a job. Attitude (of the player) and perception (of the coaches/voters) count a lot.

As far as Duncan is concerned, I'd rather he stay home and rest.

The reasoning behind the criteria used to choose all-stars should be consistent. If 3 Hawks are gonna be rewarded (for a great team record), then Durant (who's missed more games than he's played) shouldn't be chosen when OKC's record is so bad. By that criteria, Liliard should have been chosen.
    How he responds to this snub will be telling imo.

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Should have made it over Durant. I would have taken Conley over Westbrook

Quote Originally Posted by TheMarkMadsen
    if you put Duncan on the kings they would be worse and he wouldn't be putting up 24/12
    if you put cousins on the spurs they would be worse as well and without duncan would relatively be worse off than the kings without cousins. The kings are already a bad team while cousins on the spurs probably knocks them down to average/mediocre

Edit: still feel cousins should be an allstar just not fond of the above argument

First Kobe fan on ISH JohnFreeman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    if you put cousins on the spurs they would be worse as well and without duncan would relatively be worse off than the kings without cousins. The kings are already a bad team while cousins on the spurs probably knocks them down to average/mediocre

Edit: still feel cousins should be an allstar just not fond of the above argument
    With pops coaching, you actually believe this?

Top 1 Bball Mind.

"Kobe over Lillard?"

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    We actually need our players to play defense, believe it or not. Rim protector/defensive anchor is too important a role to be trifled with.

I am your soldier!

Cuz averages 23/12/3/1.5/1.5 on 49% over the last two seasons and can't make an all-star game. Shit is bogus.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnFreeman
    cousins is one of my fav players but right now he doesn't have many winning traits but i would definitely be more of a believer if pop had him straight out the gate.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    The best players, as voted by the coaches. The guys that actually know the players and understand the NBA at a very high level. Not guys who rely on a few stat categories.
    Instead we rely on career achievements to determine the AS participants for a given year?

Because Duncan is not an elite player anymore. Solid, sure, but not elite, and most certainly not an all star.

Quote Originally Posted by MMM
    cousins is one of my fav players but right now he doesn't have many winning traits but i would definitely be more of a believer if pop had him straight out the gate.
    The Kings are 2-21 when he doesn't play.

So, it can be argued that every win the kings get is entirely dependent on whether Cousins plays.

Like I said, he's being penalized for having a terrible roster, like he had a hand in assembling it. Its the same thing with the MVP vote.