Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Which team winning the title this year would be the coolest story?

I feel like if Chicago won somehow, that would result in the best feel-good moment. Their star player who struggled for two straight years through injuries finally grabbing a title? That would probably make me cry.

Get him a body bag! Patrick Chewing's Avatar

Default Re: Which team winning the title this year would be the coolest story?

Knicks. Langstonanity!

Hawks, not even close. To go from being an irrelevant team, to the crazy summer they had with threat of moving the team, the racism allegations drama and then play their minds out regular season and playoffs to win championship? that would be awesome story.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Spurs, probably. Duncan and company finally get their repeat, solidifying themselves as an alltime great dynasty, and they retire with a ring. Pop has to go out with Duncan and Ginobili, too, tho.

I love when legends retire on top.

I rule the local playground Fork's Avatar

Hawks

The story behind how ISH would react if the Hawks won a championship would be interesting to me.

The Hawks.

Finals of Hawks vs. Warriors would be epic.

Quote Originally Posted by lilteapot
    I feel like if Chicago won somehow, that would result in the best feel-good moment. Their star player who struggled for two straight years through injuries finally grabbing a title? That would probably make me cry.

Even if some hate the Bulls it would be very dramatic stuff.

Unbiasedly speaking? OKC getting in at the 7-8 seed and winning it all would be a legendary story as well.

Seeing GS win would be cool too.

National High School Star Jlamb47's Avatar

I think the Thunder winning would be a cool story. Ever since there last trip to the finals they have not had a healthy roster in the playoffs. Starting the season with injuries and looking like they arnt going to make the playoffs and then get the 8th seed to beat Warriors and on to win the finals would be epic for Durant and Westbrook.

Banned

Warriors - unburdened from the shackles of a religious nutjob who forced even the atheists on his team to pray before each game allows them to finally put it all together and form a dynasty built around likeable stars and exciting basketball.

Either that or the spurs win again, Duncan goes vintage and wins FMVP and retires.

Lakers win the title with Kobe injured, Lin Finals MVP

Quote Originally Posted by StephHamann
    Lakers win the title with Kobe injured, Lin Finals MVP

Warriors, Hawks or the Thunder getting the 8th seed and being the first 8th seed to win it all.

I usually hit open layups

Any team from the East, since the West has been dubbed as the strongest, toughest conference...

Quote Originally Posted by Height Freak
    Any team from the East, since the West has been dubbed as the strongest, toughest conference...

1. The West is the strongest toughest confrence, are you blind? This is potentially the greatest conference in NBA history

2. Depth of a conference is different than the best team. And it's been SO long since we've had an East winner