Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Re: Kobe uses a personal helicopter to travel from his home to Staples center every day

Quote Originally Posted by lefthook00
    I don't remember him making any excuses about it, that's ISH's job. I think it just hurts when he jams it. He still has a hotdog bun for an index finger that he can't bend with all that gauze and a total of 3 mangled fingers on his shooting hand...
    Kobe fakes the funk.

And Another One Killer_Instinct's Avatar

Default Re: Kobe uses a personal helicopter to travel from his home to Staples center every d

This is about 3 years too late.

Banned

Default Re: Kobe uses a personal helicopter to travel from his home to Staples center every d

Why is this a 9 page thread? How is this shocking at all?

Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Kobe uses a personal helicopter to travel from his home to Staples center every day

Only Kobe could generate 9 pages over something like this.

Quote Originally Posted by gyu
    Maintaining the helicopter + paying the pilot >>>> owning a car

Of course Kobe is insanely rich so money is not an issue, but once he starts declining and get paid significantly less he'll start feeling the effects.

Not a math whiz are you?

Learning to shoot layups

$250k for a helicopter is really cheap. It must be one of those tiny ones that have a piston engine.

Future D1 Dad

great idea.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

I wonder if Kobe could one day buy the Lakers?

Quote Originally Posted by thejumpa
    My friend lives next to Kobe. The people in that neighborhood have STUPID amounts of cash. 250k is nothing to those people. If I were him, I'd do that same. I'd wear my diamond head pendant and grill while doing it, too.

and you'd be as despicable as the rest of them.

alot of us work 5-10 years of our lives to ever see $250k, and these people just throw it around like it's nothing.

there are so many reasons to hate LA.

Made that high school varsity squad

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy

alot of us work 5-10 years of our lives to ever see $250k, and these people just throw it around like it's nothing.

Basketball players get payed too much, ok fair enough, but dont blame them, blame the system. If some guy told me he is gonna give me 250K just for playing ball I would be stupid to say no. Why so much hipocrisy on your part?

Theres many reasons to hate LA, but even more to love it.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    I wonder if Kobe could one day buy the Lakers?
    naw not even magic could.

NBA rookie of the year

Why not just live in Beverly Hills instead of Orange County? A lot shorter drive.

Dishonest, awful excuse of a fan cotdt's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spoken
    naw not even magic could.
    Compare Kobe's salary to Magic's though, it's way higher.

Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cotdt
    Compare Kobe's salary to Magic's though, it's way higher.
    Magic is the most wealthy player/ex-player around, even more so than Jordan.

If any player could buy the Lakers, it would be him... but it will never happen. It is possible that Kobe gets some portion of team ownership after he retires, like Magic does (5%)... It would be interesting if that is part of the negotiations on Kobe's upcoming contract talks.

Quote Originally Posted by ezzy

They throw it around like it's nothing because they can. You would, too. If it's not a helicopter, then it's a large home that you want to buy. Oh, I forgot....you're the multi-millionaire who wants to live a simple life and have a small house or condo, right? No toys...nothing. GTFO...

If you don't like seeing people with money, don't come to LA. You will commit suicide after a couple days. That's the American way, though. Criticize others with more when it reality it's you who wants to be in their spot. That's called jealousy my friend....no need for that.