Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Harden offensive fouled on every one of his scores in the 4th

Those step back Js were sweet. Stop hatin OP, those weren't offensive fouls.

On another note, I expect Klay to shut Harden down next game. I sure hope not tho. Without Harden's brilliance, this would be blow out after blow out.

College superstar

A Warriors fan complaining about officiating last night? Thats rich.

That was one of the worst officiating games I've seen since the Kobe Dwight Lakers season (when they were given a dozen points almost every game the second half of the season).

And I came into the game rooting for GSW.

Look, I don't like Harden. Like...at all. But I saw one, maybe two push-offs and they weren't even in the same stratosphere as the kind of pushoffs Lebron gets away with when he's driving.

Can't even fault Klay Thompson for getting schooled like that. Defensively, there was nothing he could do better than he did; Harden popped off a few step-backs from the top of the key right in his grill and from then on, Klay was doomed...Harden either kept making them or drove right past him.

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan
    Can anyone assemble some clips from the game? Peep all of Harden's 4th quarter buckets and check out his right hand...
    now i have seen it all. warriors fans complaining about the refs

not one team gets away with more reach-ins than the warriors. And Bogut literally sets a moving screen every time he screens

ISH loves to talk about how Harden and OKC gets so much love from the refs because they get so many FT's, but everyone forgets the defensive end

i honestly think the refs are a major part of why the Warriors have become so great defensively. Its like handchecking dont aply for them

Quote Originally Posted by kurple

not one team gets away with more reach-ins than the warriors. And Bogut literally sets a moving screen every time he screens

ISH loves to talk about how Harden and OKC gets so much love from the refs because they get so many FT's, but everyone forgets the defensive end

i honestly think the refs are a major part of why the Warriors have become so great defensively. Its like handchecking dont aply for them
    You acquire a reputation and the refs cater the calls they'll call to it. My 2008-2010 Celtics got away with stuff on defense most other teams who didn't have their "defensive reputation" wouldn't have. Same for the Lakers teams of those years...the 2011-2014 Heat. "Oh those aren't fouls, that's just how they play defense."

Warriors benefit from that, sure.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by warriorfan

Are you serious?

2:53 into the youtube video, 9:10 on the 4th Q game clock. Blatant offensive foul to gain separation for his step back. Offensive Foul

3:03 into the youtube video, Klay not allowed to touch Harden. 3:05 video, Harden starts his drive by driving his forarm into Klay... 3:06 he spins off after intiating contact. Watch again close up in slo mo at 3:11 youtube time. Offensive Foul

3:17 into youtube video Harden punches Klay Thompson in the chest and continues to handcheck him. You can see the whole thing in slow motion at 3:24 into youtube video and ends up pushing off his thigh. Offensive Foul

3:38 into youtube pushes away Klay's arms as he goes for the step back. Slow Mo at 3:43. Again at 3:50 Offensive Foul

4:04 into youtube he punches Klay in the chest and pushes off this thigh once again 4:12 slow mo Offensive Foul

WAT?

You guys are setting picks by diving through guys' knees and you think THOSE are charges? Is this for serious?

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by kurple

I so wish I could give you rep for this post. They kept getting dirtier and dirtier and the refs just let them. Bogie could have easily fouled out in his 13 min or whatever. They kept admonishing Smith for "losing" Curry on a corner 3 and I keep watching Bogut move 10 feet and literally wrapping his arms around him. And Klay should have been called for a dozen reaching fouls on Harden. Thats the dead wrong way to play him but the officials just never called it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Look, I don't like Harden. Like...at all. But I saw one, maybe two push-offs and they weren't even in the same stratosphere as the kind of pushoffs Lebron gets away with when he's driving.

Can't even fault Klay Thompson for getting schooled like that. Defensively, there was nothing he could do better than he did; Harden popped off a few step-backs from the top of the key right in his grill and from then on, Klay was doomed...Harden either kept making them or drove right past him.
    To be fair, Klay played about as well as he could have on defense. No fault in his game last night on that end.

When guys are on, they're on.

I just wish they'd call a moving screen every now and then. How many games do you see moving screen calls? Once a week? You're telling me guys set that many screens and they are all legal?

Bogut sets a moving screen every trip down the court. It's one thing to screen. Its another to screen and keep inching your way into the defender to 'guide' him around you.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Wtf is this.

I'm no Harden fan at all but I don't even remember one of those shots in the fourth coming after an offensive foul. Dude was just schoolin' Klay Thompson one-on-one. And this will probably continue all series long, unless G State wants to try to put Igoudala on Harden.

Deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by UK2K
    To be fair, Klay played about as well as he could have on defense. No fault in his game last night on that end.

When guys are on, they're on.

I just wish they'd call a moving screen every now and then. How many games do you see moving screen calls? Once a week? You're telling me guys set that many screens and they are all legal?

Bogut sets a moving screen every trip down the court. It's one thing to screen. Its another to screen and keep inching your way into the defender to 'guide' him around you.
    I watched Kevin Garnett play ball for six years in a Celtics uniform. If he got called for a dozen illegal screens in that time, I'd be shocked...and damn near every screen he set was illegal. Then they'd actually call it and he'd feign surprise. I'm desensitized to illegal screens at this point.

Does OP ever saw Lebron play? 1 to10 in push off scale, Harden is a 3 LEbron a 9.

But yeah, impressive modern era defensive schemes, where before you could put the hands on the ball handler and control his movements, now you have to put your hands behind your back, Klay still got to learn with JJ Reddick on that, and be pushed off and deal with it.

Poor Jordan if he played today.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    I watched Kevin Garnett play ball for six years in a Celtics uniform. If he got called for a dozen illegal screens in that time, I'd be shocked...and damn near every screen he set was illegal. Then they'd actually call it and he'd feign surprise. I'm desensitized to illegal screens at this point.
    KG is another notorious for setting moving screens.

A good defender can avoid a screen. Not completely, but enough yo still be in a position to contest.

But if you set a screen then move into the defender as he's running off it, its impossible to fight through it.

I know the NBA loves offense, but that shit drives me up the wall. The Draymond screen last night was a perfect example, so perfect he screened his man into a bear hug out of bounds.