Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Emmanuel Mudiay is dominating China. Number one pick next year?

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspor...-outing-video/

Triple double in his 4th game: 22/13/11.

had 29/9/7/4 his second game. He didnt do that good in his first game though.
    Last edited by Cocaine80s; 11-09-2014 at 05:58 PM.

Local High School Star Andrew Wiggins's Avatar

Default Re: Emmanuel Mudiay is dominating China. Number one pick next year?

he only had 10 points in his third game

i've been monitoring his progress here http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthr...=358155&page=2

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Wiggins
    he only had 10 points in his third game

i've been monitoring his progress here http://insidehoops.com/forum/showthr...=358155&page=2
    ooops meant 4th game

dominates, gets to play and develop against much better opposition and makes guaranteed millions out of it..

why should players go to college for free and play against scrubs now again?

and lol at mandatory 2 years in college if that goes through. NCAA will die.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    dominates, gets to play and develop against much better opposition
    It's China, not Euroleague. Chinese basketball doesn't seem to be as good as NCAA D1 with the way we see NBA players dominate. JR Smith scored 60. The NBA is no longer interested in Steph Marbury but he's one of the greatest players they've ever seen over there.

and lol at mandatory 2 years in college if that goes through. NCAA will die.
    No because the NCAA doesn't just rely on NBA talent for it's popularity. NCAA sports are driven by school fanbases and they will remain loyal no matter what because it's their school. It might cost NCAA a little talent but we've seen very few teenage phenoms willing to leave the country for the sake of an earlier payday.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    It's China, not Euroleague. Chinese basketball doesn't seem to be as good as NCAA D1 with the way we see NBA players dominate. JR Smith scored 60. The NBA is no longer interested in Steph Marbury but he's one of the greatest players they've ever seen over there.

No because the NCAA doesn't just rely on NBA talent for it's popularity. NCAA sports are driven by school fanbases and they will remain loyal no matter what because it's their school. It might cost NCAA a little talent but we've seen very few teenage phenoms willing to leave the country for the sake of an earlier payday.
    I think JR could score 60 in college too

majority of the player these future nba players face don't even continue with basketball let alone become pros in china. being a professional basketball player is better for your development than playing against amateurs. Even if its China. He's still going up against a lot of NBA players.

at the end of the day, if players are forced to stay in college for 2 years for free, risk injury at any time while they got foreign teams offering them guaranteed millions. They will leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    I think JR could score 60 in college too
    If he was in the ACC, SEC, PAC-10 or one of the other elite coferences it would be highly unlikely. In China they don't have anyone who can come close to matching him as a combo of athletic ability and size and his team will just let the vastly superior NBA talent do whatever he wants because his talent advantage is so extreme he can pretty much do as he pleases and it will be effective. JR Smith is still going to be more talented and better skilled in the NCAA but the NCAA will at least have some guys that can make the NBA one day and have as much talent as he does, in a few special cases even more talent. His own team would feature him but star NCAA talents aren't featured to the extent Smith was in China where he averaged 35 points. By comparison, Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins were in the high teens last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    majority of the player these future nba players face don't even continue with basketball let alone become pros in china. being a professional basketball player is better for your development than playing against amateurs. Even if its China. He's still going up against a lot of NBA players.
    I would bet money that the SEC alone has more future pros than all of China. Kentucky alone might even have more NBA talent. Being a pro is better for your wallet and may lead to more off-court maturity but everyone knows the quality of Chinese basketball is comparatively low. They still have only produced one NBA guard that I can think of, Sun Yue, and I'm not sure he's actually gotten any PT.

at the end of the day, if players are forced to stay in college for 2 years for free, risk injury at any time while they got foreign teams offering them guaranteed millions. They will leave.
    Mature adults may well choose to leave but remember that we're talking about kids that figure they'll make the NBA one day regardless. Jennings, Mudiay, and maybe one or two others have chosen professional ball overseas over the NCAA. Vs. everyone else that is picking college. Spending a year or more in another country is a big decision that is taking teenagers well out of their comfort zone. That decision isn't for many.

Very good NBA starter

If he was in the ACC, SEC, PAC-10 or one of the other elite coferences it would be highly unlikely. In China they don't have anyone who can come close to matching him as a combo of athletic ability and size and his team will just let the vastly superior NBA talent do whatever he wants because his talent advantage is so extreme he can pretty much do as he pleases and it will be effective. JR Smith is still going to be more talented and better skilled in the NCAA but the NCAA will at least have some guys that can make the NBA one day and have as much talent as he does, in a few special cases even more talent. His own team would feature him but star NCAA talents aren't featured to the extent Smith was in China where he averaged 35 points. By comparison, Jabari Parker and Andrew Wiggins were in the high teens last season.
    How many future nba players do you see in the pac 12?
    Oregon alone I see has none right now

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    How many future nba players do you see in the pac 10?
    Oregon alone I see has none right now
    I'm not sure about the PAC 10 but if he played for, say, UCLA? Over the course of a season he's going to face more NBA talent than he would in China. Especially if they make the tournament.

Banned

I would bet money that the SEC alone has more future pros than all of China. Kentucky alone might even have more NBA talent. Being a pro is better for your wallet and may lead to more off-court maturity but everyone knows the quality of Chinese basketball is comparatively low. They still have only produced one NBA guard that I can think of, Sun Yue, and I'm not sure he's actually gotten any PT.

Mature adults may well choose to leave but remember that we're talking about kids that figure they'll make the NBA one day regardless. Jennings, Mudiay, and maybe one or two others have chosen professional ball overseas over the NCAA. Vs. everyone else that is picking college. Spending a year or more in another country is a big decision that is taking teenagers well out of their comfort zone. That decision isn't for many.
    You also hear bad stories out of the chinese league at times too, opponents being overly physical, international players not getting proper medical attention and being forced to play through injuries, arenas full of smoke and oppressive heat. If someone knows they are going to the NBA in a year anyway a lot of kids would choose college as that's a once in a life time experience for them and they get to stay in their own country. There's a large number of international kids who go to US colleges for basketball rather than playing in their domestic competitions because that's a goal for a lot of players growing up. You also get college level coaching and start making connections in the NBA world. For some it may work out well but it's not a case of the NCAA being in any trouble.

good post. agreed on all accounts. I mean hes getting paid, but i feel like he is facing lesser comp. But whatever unforseen future injuries may kill his earning power later on. Do what ya gotta do i say

Very good NBA starter

I'm not sure about the PAC 10 but if he played for, say, UCLA? Over the course of a season he's going to face more NBA talent than he would in China. Especially if they make the tournament.
    Yea but he can still drop 60 on a scrub team. Not all teams in China are trash, there's still some former nba players there

My boy Quincy Douby over in china putting in work... sadly only decent NBA(ex obviously) player from my school RU