Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    NBA sixth man of the year

Lightbulb The Lakers can Reconstruct a Championship Caliber team this Offseason

If the Lakers can sign Free agents Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic and pick Karl Towns or Jahil Okafor with the #2 pick, they could put together a roster like:

PG: Goran Dragic (10) | Jordan Clarkson (800k)
    SG: Kobe Bryant (25) | Nick Young (5.2) | Wayne Ellington (1)
    SF: Jimmy Butler (16.6) | Ryan Kelly (1.7)
    PF: Julius Randle (3.1) | Ed Davis (1.1)
    C: Jahil Okafor (5) | Jordan Hill (9) | Tarid Black (1)

This team would run some sort of triangle offense with Towns or Okafor playing the Pau Gasol role, Randle playing the Lamar Odom role and possibly the toughest 1-2-3 backcourt in the league. That would be a solid bench too..
    Last edited by BallsOut; 05-20-2015 at 12:45 AM.

4 ring - 4 FMVP - 4MVP J Shuttlesworth's Avatar

Default Re: The Lakers can Reconstruct a Championship Caliber team this Offseason

Why would Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic leave?

Default Re: The Lakers can Reconstruct a Championship Caliber team this Offseason

Quote Originally Posted by J Shuttlesworth
    Why would Jimmy Butler and Goran Dragic leave?
    Because they're free agents and they can?

Banned

and in the end kobes greed saved the day

if he takes a paycut the lakers dont get any of randle/clarkson/okafor/towns

Why my fellows Laker fans are in such a hurry for a contender? It will take a year or two.
    First of all there's something called cap space, Lakers will have about 25 M without Hill's contract.
    Second Dragic would cost more than 10M
    Third, Bulls will prob cover anything for Butler since he's a RFA. Even if they don't, his salary starts at 16M.

Dragic for 10 is funny.

Knicks might be better

Russell
    Carroll (7)
    Carmelo
    Millsap (9)
    Kanter (6)

Quote Originally Posted by Genaro
    Why my fellows Laker fans are in such a hurry for a contender? It will take a year or two.
    First of all there's something called cap space, Lakers will have about 25 M without Hill's contract.
    Second Dragic would cost more than 10M
    Third, Bulls will prob cover anything for Butler since he's a RFA. Even if they don't, his salary starts at 16M.
    The salary cap for 2015-16 is projected to be at 67 million. Thanks for Jimmy Butler's starting salary at 16M though. I assumed it was 20 for some reason.

NBA rookie of the year HOoopCityJones's Avatar

Our bigs need to develop first.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by HOoopCityJones
    Our bigs need to develop first.
    Yes, if that number 2 pick and Randle shows promises then we could be a major player in free agency next year with Kobe contract is out of the book. We should be careful on overpaying players this year because I want to see what we have in Clarkson and I want the Lakers have a chance to sign 2 marquee players next year. Even when Shaq came into town with a 50 win team, it took years to win in all so I know it's a process.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Yes, if that number 2 pick and Randle shows promises then we could be a major player in free agency next year with Kobe contract is out of the book. We should be careful on overpaying players this year because I want to see what we have in Clarkson and I want the Lakers have a chance to sign 2 marquee players next year. Even when Shaq came into town with a 50 win team, it took years to win in all so I know it's a process.
    Yea there is no rush at all. If we signed nobody we would get an idea of what everyone can be and let some identity develop and then bring in guys to fit what we already have.

They can but it'll take some time for Randle / #2 pick to develop.

Jimmy ain't going to LA. Enjoy your lottery next year.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Angel Face
    Jimmy ain't going to LA. Enjoy your lottery next year.
    If they actually get a 1st - 3rd next year I really don't see anything negative about that. Randle, Clarkson, Black, this year #2, next year 1-3. Nothing wrong with that lol.

future is bright ahead of us

Lol

Good to have our dumbf_ck laker fans crawling back out from their holes!