Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Decent college freshman Duderonomy's Avatar

Default The most underrated signing this offseason

Excellent shot blocker and adds size for Toronto. For 2 year /6mil is a steal.

Banned

Default Re: The most underrated signing this offseason

Rondo signing with Kings

Quote Originally Posted by GIF REACTION
    Rondo signing with Kings
    Rondo washed up, you=delusional

Dark horse pick: Wesley Johnson with Clippers for league minimum.

He is about as talented physically as prime Pippen. If Doc can motivate him properly, he could take the Clips to another level. But that's a big if as he's shown so far he lacks mental fortitude.

Javelle Mcgee to the Mavs.

So much comedy value

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy

do you really think he is? Rondo did show some shine even under the Mavs trainwreck, and also early on in Boston after returning from injury.

i think this may be a good year for him, especially being a contract year with VERY high monetary hopes starting next summer. I'll personally wait and see before writing him off

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    At 29? Are his legs really done

Banned

people look at the mans stats. but defense isnt something you measure with points and rebounds

i see a rebirth in LA. the lakers havent had a defensive minded shot blocking presence since shaq

and even shaq wasnt as vocal

get ready for a big surprise

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    do you really think he is? Rondo did show some shine even under the Mavs trainwreck, and also early on in Boston after returning from injury.

i think this may be a good year for him, especially being a contract year with VERY high monetary hopes starting next summer. I'll personally wait and see before writing him off
    Hmm. He had EVERY incentive to play well last year given he was going to be a FA but he imploded with Carlisle and he couldn't hit anything from the field. He was terrible. Now, he can't be that bad but he is done at the elite level imo.

mo williams Cavs got him at a great price.

Can be a great spot up shooter, etc

Rondo sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Hmm. He had EVERY incentive to play well last year given he was going to be a FA but he imploded with Carlisle and he couldn't hit anything from the field. He was terrible. Now, he can't be that bad but he is done at the elite level imo.
    very true...he did. however, i never warrant a mid-season trade/acquisition as a tell all. hard to justify any one player or coach coming in and latching on to the same initiatives/goals from beginning of the year with the majority of the team who's been there from day 1. I don't really recall any mid-season change off the top of my head that's benefited greatly, to be honest.

also, Rondo has never been able to shoot well, he's had a somewhat OK jumper for a couple years but his game is penetrating and dishing, and then his nagging defense is pretty good too.

if he can come back to his Celtic's level of defense and have the assist prowess he's known for, he's definitely going to be up there...maybe not elite (I don't think he ever was elite, tbh) but certainly very good/all star caliber

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lebronxrings
    mo williams Cavs got him at a great price.

Can be a great spot up shooter, etc

well hes a teammate of lebron... so naturally thats all he'l be allowed to do

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    very true...he did. however, i never warrant a mid-season trade/acquisition as a tell all. hard to justify any one player or coach coming in and latching on to the same initiatives/goals from beginning of the year with the majority of the team who's been there from day 1. [COLOR="Red"] I don't really recall any mid-season change off the top of my head that's benefited greatly, to be honest.[/COLOR]

also, Rondo has never been able to shoot well, he's had a somewhat OK jumper for a couple years but his game is penetrating and dishing, and then his nagging defense is pretty good too.

if he can come back to his Celtic's level of defense and have the assist prowess he's known for, he's definitely going to be up there...maybe not elite (I don't think he ever was elite, tbh) but certainly very good/all star caliber
    Several come to mind. Aguirre with the Pistons. Drexler with the Rockets. Gasol with the Lakers.

But I've never liked Rondo's ball, dominant style to begin with. I don't expect too much from him. We'll have to see.

Quote Originally Posted by ClipperRevival
    Several come to mind. Aguirre with the Pistons. Drexler with the Rockets. Gasol with the Lakers.

But I've never liked Rondo's ball, dominant style to begin with. I don't expect too much from him. We'll have to see.
    forgot about Gasol...guess we can say more on the rare side as to it panning out that very year.

and we will see...i hope he does well, it just good for a rejected franchise with some good players on the the team already in Cousins and Gay.