Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Default Re: All time Euro Team to beat the Dream Team?

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117

The best Dream Team line up was with Pippen running the point anyway.
    Pippen has never run the point in his life and he doesn't have the handle to do it for big minutes...

And once the game got tight, he would choke, just like he did in 1989 ECF, 1990 ECF, 1994 2nd Round, 1996 Finals, and 1998 Finals... Whew, that was a doozy (wiping my brow).

Magic runs the point.. That's obvious - anyone saying Magic can't guard quick PG's - who cares - he destroys them much worse on the other end..

There's no PG in history where you could say "Magic doesn't match up well with them", because they matchup WORSE with Magic.. There's a reason why Magic is the goat PG, and it isn't because KJ, Tim Hardaway, or Isiah were outplaying him, let alone whatever Euros you guys think Magic couldn't handle.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball
    Pippen has never run the point in his life and he doesn't have the handle to do it for big minutes...

And once the game got tight, he would choke, just like he did in 1989 ECF, 1990 ECF, 1994 2nd Round, 1996 Finals, and 1998 Finals... Whew, that was a doozy (wiping my brow).

Magic runs the point.. That's obvious - anyone saying Magic can't guard quick PG's - who cares - he destroys them much worse on the other end..

There's no PG in history where you could say "Magic doesn't match up well with them", because they matchup WORSE with Magic.. There's a reason why Magic is the goat PG, and it isn't because KJ, Tim Hardaway, or Isiah were outplaying him, let alone whatever Euros you guys think Magic couldn't handle.
    You have some serious issues when it comes to anyone who played with Jordan...and you have no idea what you are talking about. Pippen pretty much ran the Blazers offense and the last year in 2003 LITERALLY WAS THE STARTING PG, so don't tell me about what Pippen did and didn't do, chief. The only thing you have to say in regards to him is bullshit because you can't stand the fact that Jordan won 6 rings with a player commonly considered top 30 all time. Michael didn't do it all alone, okay?...get over it. This nonsense of yours is pathetic...I mean you said Pippen "choked" in 98 finals...how the **** is hurting your back, choking? Especially when he was one of the big reasons they won 3 out the first 4 games. You also love to bring up Pippen's stats in that 96 finals without noting the fact that he was dealing with an ankle AND knee sprain. I also love how you love to post the negative stats...but never mention how Pippen led all players in the playoffs in drating and defensive win shares in the 96 playoffs. You're even worse than these kobe stans...not even they go as far as you do to diminish his teammates.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 09-26-2015 at 08:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    The best Dream Team line up was with Pippen running the point anyway. A ball dominant pg like Stockton wasn't ideal for a team like this. A 92 Pippen would just embarrass any incarnation of Vspan. He wouldn't be able to do anything with him blanketing him.
    Spanoulis would actually do much better against USA than against European teams. In fact, it is why he played well against USA.

Team USA won't use a non stop double team with a 3rd help defender assigned if their is a split of the double and/or a 4 to 1 man to man with one defender playing man on the ball, and the other 4 players being on a zone assigned to him the whole game (by far worse than any double team) like all the European teams do.

In those scenarios, teams can hold a player to 3-5 shot attempts in 40 minutes if they want, with most of them being highly contested and difficult shots. No matter who it is they are defending, they can make that the case, if they single out one player in FIBA. And refs and rules don't get you to the free throw line either in FIBA.

It's way easier to play against someone like Pippen straight up, than it is to play against those kind of defenses in FIBA rules, and where the whole team defense is set to stop you. In fact, it's not even close by comparison.
    Last edited by Euroleague; 09-26-2015 at 09:51 PM.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    And Spanoulis was the leader of thew 2006 Greek team not Papaloukas. He was the closer, leading scorer, first ball handler, got to player of the team. He also was the leading scorer of the game against Team USA and the player that had the ball the whole 4th quarter and closed the entire game down the stretch, getting the ball on every single possession, with every single play being run for him in the 4th quarter. NOT Papaloukas.

http://archive.fiba.com/pages/eng/fa...tatistics.html
    You are such a delusional troll! Being the highest scorer, especially at a 35% as it shows on your link doesn't make you the team leader...

Papaloukas is the only one from the team that was in the A-- tournament team as you can see on the link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_F...ournament_Team

Coach Van Gundy said it better and that describes Spanoulis carrier as a wanna be leader that only trolls like yourself he was:
    "(Spanoulis) says, 'I was [Tracy] McGrady back home.' Great. McGrady is McGrady here," .. "I feel badly for him. He feels he was misled. Frankly, he's been his own worst enemy in many ways. Some of it is excuses. His turnovers have been high; his fouls have been high; his shooting percentage has been low. I would rather anybody start out with self-evaluation — what can I do better? — versus lash out and blame".

That team would get lit up.

[QUOTE=Rampis]You are such a delusional troll! Being the highest scorer, especially at a 35% as it shows on your link doesn't make you the team leader...

Papaloukas is the only one from the team that was in the A-- tournament team as you can see on the link below:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_F...ournament_Team

Coach Van Gundy said it better and that describes Spanoulis carrier as a wanna be leader that only trolls like yourself he was:
    [B]"(Spanoulis) says, 'I was [Tracy] McGrady back home.' Great. McGrady is McGrady here," .. "I feel badly for him. He feels he was misled. Frankly, he's been his own worst enemy in many ways. Some of it is excuses. His turnovers have been high; his fouls have been high; his shooting percentage has been low. I would rather anybody start out with self-evaluation

Very good NBA starter

USalA has like a 95% win rate. The dream te isn't losing. The times the USA lost in the early 2000 they thought they could just throw a team together with barely any practice or chemistry/gamelan. Europe and other places got better. After USA refocused and took it serious again in 08. They haven't lost.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by juju151111
    USalA has like a 95% win rate. The dream te isn't losing. The times the USA lost in the early 2000 they thought they could just throw a team together with barely any practice or chemistry/gamelan. Europe and other places got better. After USA refocused and took it serious again in 08. They haven't lost.
    The US is 300+ million people.

Spain is the largest basketball playing country in Europe and they're 45 million and basketball is likely the 4th or 5th most popular sport.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by 3ball

You are truly pathetic.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by 90sgoat
    The US is 300+ million people.

Spain is the largest basketball playing country in Europe and they're 45 million and basketball is likely the 4th or 5th most popular sport.
    I never said anything and im talking about the whole everywhere else other then the U.S

Let's say international instead of just Europe

Sabonis/Yao
    Dirk/Pau
    AK47/Peja
    Manu/Petrovic
    Nash/Parker

now have them run Mike D'Antoni's system

that to me is the only way they could realistically outscore the Dream Team, because I can't imagine a line-up that could hang with them defensively, so the only option is to put a bunch of shooters and a legitimate big man around Nash to try to outscore them with a fast-paced offense that wouldn't allow Team USA to set up their half court defense.
    Last edited by ImKobe; 09-27-2015 at 07:07 PM.

Best roster to be ; Parker-Galis-Kirilenko-Dirk-Pau but they aren't win against dream team.

Local High School Star

Challenge, not just pick 5 guys but pick a team that would have the best chance of beating the last Dream Team.

C - Arvydas Sabonis
    PF - Pau Gasol
    SF - Dirk Nowitski
    SG - Drasen Petrovic
    PG - Sarunas Jasikevicius

Bench: Detlef Schrempf, Tony Parker, Marc Gasol, Rik Smits, Toni Kukoc

Wow, such length, much 3 point shooting.

That team can shoot better than the Dream Team and with Arvydas, Gasol and Smits, there is always a huge 7 footer standing in the paint.
    Replace Sarunas Jasikevicius with Tony Kukoc (his 93-pre NBA version) who could play PG and you have scary tall roster. And with pre-86 Sabonis in his physical prime there is a chance of beating the last US team. And as a 6th man you could add another Sarunas (Marciulionis). Sabonis and Gasol could be rotated so Dirk could play at PF, which is his best position. And when Sabonis is resting you can play small ball with Gasol at C, and Dirk at PF with Kukoc, Parker and Drazen.
    I would add another forward Dino Radja instead of Smits. And I would also add Vlade Divac and Predrag Stoyakovic in order to complete the 12th man roster.
    So the starting line-up would be:

C pre-86 Sabonis
    PF Gasol
    SF Tony Kukoc
    SG Drazen Petrovic
    PG Tony Parker

Young Sabonis and prime Gasol at PF could counter US big men. Tony Kukoc is the best match for SF position and with Drazen and Parker we have very efficient guards.
    I remove Dirk from that line-up (because I would I want to have Twin Towers although I rated him as better and greater player than Gasol), but he would come first of the bench and would rotate him with Sabonis and Gasol. So he would have a good share of minutes.
    Drazen Petrovic and Tony Parker I would substitute with S. Marciulionis who is proven scorer (injuries ruined his NBA career) and could have great impact at the bench.
    Tony Kukoc replacement would be Predrag Stoyakovic, who was one of the best 3pt shooters in the league.

Serious playground baller

Challenge, not just pick 5 guys but pick a team that would have the best chance of beating the last Dream Team.

C - Arvydas Sabonis
    PF - Pau Gasol
    SF - Dirk Nowitski
    SG - Drasen Petrovic
    PG - Sarunas Jasikevicius

Bench: Detlef Schrempf, Tony Parker, Marc Gasol, Rik Smits, Toni Kukoc
    Let Parker man the point, Peja play SG, Kukoc SF, Pau C and Dirk PF.

You have everything you need. Alternatively start Sabonis instead of Pau and Drazen instead of Peja.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Being the first scorer of the team means he was the go to player of the team. Just as he was the leading scorer in the game against USA, and just as he finished all of the plays in the whole 4th quarter against USA. Just as I proved with what I posted.
    Are you having a meltdown? If as you claim Spanoulis was the leader of that team, then why was Papaloukas selected in the All tournament first team and not Spanoulis?

All-Tournament First team: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_F...ournament_Team

Anyways, that's not the point... the point is that you are trying so hard to promote a hardly top 40 among all time Greek players in Spanoulis and you are always getting mad and start manufacturing lies, manipulating facts and cursing when you are provided with links that prove you are lying.

Sorry but once again you got exposed my fried... Facts don't lie!