Default Nobody wants to play with Kobe, logical point of view.

So the past week or two we've been hearing about Abbot's article that sparked so much discussion in the ball world, here's my logical assumption on the whole situation and whether Kobe is really a negative to the Lakers, or a positive in attracting free agents

I'll give you a newsflash - nobody would want to play with a 36 yo LeBron or 36 yo Durant or Jordan or Wilt or whoever you imagine, if they're coming off of to major injuries too.

Look at the team, Nash is dead, Lin, Hill and Randle are the only serviceable players, maybe Nick Young too, but that's it. That ain't championship caliber.

Look at Melo. You think he wouldn't want to play with a 2009 Kobe? You think that the reason he didn't sign with LA is because of Kobe's bad character? That's just plain hating if you do.
    Which were there major free agents that LA "missed out" on because of Kobe?
    Dwight was in LA just recently, I think everybody who has ever played basketball realized why he left the Lakers, and you can say that's because of Kobe, I wouldn't even question that, but that's a good thing, because you can't win a championship with Dwight Howard as 1st or 2nd option because of his lack of will on the court. And off of it too.
    I already commented on Melo.
    Paul George was in a great situation in Indiana, there's no point in leaving it even if the Lakers are his favorite team and Kobe is his favorite player.
    LeBron wasn't even a possibility, he himself wouldn't pair up with a player that he has been compared to for a decade and in a sense rivaled with so much.
    Chis Paul called Kobe after the deal was done to say how happy he is to be on the Lakers.
    Steve Nash was his rival and still wanted to play with him.
    Artest, Barnes, Bell almost got in a fight with him a couple of times, some of them even threw clotheslines at Kobe, and they still wanted to play with him. That's the ultimate respect.
    Kobe "ran" shaq out of town... after 8 years of being together. Anybody wants to say that's completely on Kobe? You haven't read anything about the story then.
    Gasol loves Kobe like their brothers, he stated this multiple times. The only reason he left Lakers is because of the joke of a contract that the Lakers offered him, we all know this.
    Gary Payton loved Kobe and still praises him to this date every time I see an interview of him. And that was probably the most selfish year of Kobe in 2004.
    Malone doesn't like Kobe, as Kobe doesn't like Malone, but who would like him if they hit on your wife?

So tell me again who are these big name free agents that Lakers are being denied because of Kobe and explain it logically.

TL;DR I'm not surprised you didn't read this, idiots tend to ignore things they don't understand

Default Re: Nobody wants to play with Kobe, logical point of view.

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Like a fly on shit... AW appears. Well done.

Good college starter

I think this year was the first time that Lakers have a room for a max player since Kobe came to the league and looking at Lakers situation, it's not very attracting.

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

What's more impressive winning 5 rings in spite of the fact nobody wants to play with you.

Or winning 2 rings playing on the most stacked team in the league every of your prime..while everybody wants to play with you?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Logical point: He's old and washed up and taking up over half the cap... My opinion has no bearing on what he WAS...but he isn't that anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenbeat
    Dude is transforming into a full-time troll. Getting torn apart in that original ESPN Kobe article thread really got to him

didnt read past thread title

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Jabbar
    didnt read past thread title
    Yeah..OP doesn't know how to put his wall of text in paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by Brokenbeat

what a simile.