Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Write about your best performance in a basketball game (stat-line included )

Quote Originally Posted by waseem780
    My best performance in a game (highschool) I had a game with 9 steals and 6 steals in one quarter.

Thats pretty impressive. Throughout the game, I had 27 points (4/4 3 pt), 7 assists, 4 rebounds, 2 blocks, 2 steals.

Here's a video of me practicing bank shots. Its sped up quite a bit but you get the idea. Also, its about ZorPlay.com, a new pick-up basketball site.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FfeolRTzrE

Default Re: Write about your best performance in a basketball game (stat-line included )

Let me dust off my old statbooks to see...

(time traveling in my mind as I flip through my junior and senior years of highschool)

Strictly speaking from the production stat the program we recorded game data with, my best game was 5/9 from the field for 12 points, 6orb and 5drb for 11 total rebounds, 1 assist, 1 steal, 0 TO and 0 personal fouls for a grandtotal production of 24.

>Don't ask me how in the heck they freaking calculate that crap number.

HOWEVER!
    My BEST game IMHO was really the following:
    5/5 for 14 points, 6orb & 3drb = 9 total rebounds, 4 personal fouls, 6 TO, 0 steals/blocks/steals. Total production of 16.

That really isn't a great statline, but the game was and its a case where there is more to the stats. I will never forget the entire student section being joined in by the parents and my home city chanting my name after scoring the first 7 points of OT. Not even winning State the next night capping off our undefeated year can compare for me personally.

It's ugly ass B.Walton

37 points, 6 assist, 3 steals. Didn't count rebounds. No blocks.

13/22 FG, 6/9 3PT, 5/5 FT. Final score: 76-72 W

That was like 2 weeks ago during the semi-finals of a tournament my friend organized. I choked hard in the finals tho lol, but made up for it in the game
    for 3rd place.

We had finished off a game of 21 before the semis started, and I made a shot from three to win it. I felt good about my stroke and started off by hitting a fadeaway three (I suck at threes) with a 6'4 guy draped on me, to beat the shot clock. Needless to say, I stayed hot the rest of the way. Like, during halftime I instructed a teammate on his shooting form and shot a three with his wrong form to show him how it looks. It went in and I couldn't help myself and just started laughing, that feeling when everything goes in is just sick...

I went for 16 points, 9 assists and 5 boards off the bench in middle school. I remember we won 66-11 and my principal pulled us out of class the next day and flipped out for running up the score at the end. My favorite moment was hitting a half court buzzer beater in the championship game that year...we were already up by 2 and would have won the game anyway, but I wanted to score the last points for our team that year lol.

scored 8 points vs my little sister in my back garden on a 6 foot rim. she won 11-8 though.

I've made 5 threes in a game once or twice.
    I was on JV though as a junior I was to small but next year I'll be on varsity currently working on getting bigger.

5-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by duskovujosevic
    in 3x3, ridiculous performance like 5/5 and 3/3 from 3 point line. with great penetration and asists. my mind was like in other dimension, i literaly saw only ball and bottom of the net.

remarkable feeling
    Don't think I've ever had an impressive highschoolVars bball game, but had MANY MANY of these pickup statpads against formidable competition (me and 2 AZN's versus 3 dudes 5 inches taller with more XP)

I'm talking back to back blocks, back to back 3's, slashing to the rim to score 6 straight (the trick is to just switch up the crossover, or do a hesitation fade), and snatching o-rebs high up with speeding assists.

And damn does it feel good. It's incredible how momentum and confidence boost your game.

In an officiated game my best so far was 29 points, 5 assists. Lost the game though, 60-51. Lol

Saw a basketball once

I'm still in 8th grade, so most of the people on my team tend to be hogs :L I hardly ever get to score because of them :/ But i think my best game stat wise was when i shot 3/4, got a few rebounds and steals. I don't remember how many of those i got. I think i scored like... 7... But IMHO, i think my best game was when i ankle broke this kid on the other team who was playing dirty. That boy was clutching his ankles for a while XD i got a few assists that night too. Tool bad my coach doesn't count them :/

I scored 47 points in a high school game. I don't remember how many assists, rebounds, steals, etc.

All I remember is that it felt like I was hitting everything. And I thought after how crazy it is that some NBA players score in the 50's and even 60's, because it didn't seem possible to score more than I did.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by bmd
    I scored 47 points in a high school game. I don't remember how many assists, rebounds, steals, etc.

All I remember is that it felt like I was hitting everything. And I thought after how crazy it is that some NBA players score in the 50's and even 60's, because it didn't seem possible to score more than I did.
    Not that it explains everything, but NBA ball players do have 16 more minutes to operate. That always made me feel better. 18 high school points is kind of like dropping 27 in the NBA.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 06-02-2013 at 05:50 PM.

I usually hit open layups

Had 27 points and 12 assists in a church league game lol.

I never averaged more than 4 ppg and 3 rebounds in high school though. The coach had me at Pf/C beccause of my leaping ability to get rebounds but I was only 5'10.

36 points Back in 2006.

In an officiated high school game, my best stats were 30 points and 15 rebounds (roughly). Got the 30 points because I was exceptionally playing with a good PG who threw perfect lobs... I also remember it well because I seemingly couldn't miss near the basket. I actually made a lucky 360 hook while fouled, and heard my defender saying "it's not fair"

Another was a simple 16/15 performance with a few timely blocks but it won the game for my team as my play sparked an unstoppable run. Also, those 16 points I'd created myself with Gasol running hooks and turnaround Js as opposed to the 30 coming mostly from assists, so I guess that'd be my true best performance.

In an unofficiated game, a 40 point triple double but I was playing against short guys because I arrived too late to play on the side of the court where the good players were doing their thing

But it's funny because when you actually play the game, stats don't matter that much. I remember some of the greatest games from my teammates... it wasn't about how many points they'd scored, but their overall "presence" in the game.
    One of my teammates absolutely dominated games with stats like 5 points, 5 assists, 5 rebounds and 5 steals...

Game up to 11 by 1's and 2's. Full court. Was on a team of scrubs against a high school team that had 4 of their 5 starting 5 playing pickup ball at our local court. Their sg led their confrence in spg. With full court pressure, I dropped 6 long 3's. Shot 100%. They would score, team would inbound me the ball and I would dribble through the D, or get a pick set and get another pick 5-6 feet behind 3 point line and launch. These guys loved setting picks. On the final 3 which was real ****ing deep, I just smiled, said thanks for the game, and left. 6 possessions, 6 shots, no one else on my team touching the ball. Game over.

You couldn't hear a pin drop.

I also dropped 53 points in a city league and made the local paper. The other team only had 55 points and we scored 103 lol.
    Last edited by Straight_Ballin; 06-09-2013 at 02:24 AM.