Default Is it time to trade Drummond?

I know he is young. He still has potential.

But, can we really build a championship team around him?

I can see keeping Griffin. He might be trade bait in 4 years. But, keeping Drummond seems like a sinking proposition to me.

This isn't the late 2000s anymore. And Drummond isn't close to as good as Dwight was. (I'm sorry to say it, but come on. Even Dwight's chunky offensive moves are better than Drummonds)

We don't have the players to spread the floor or play inside out. We don't have a slasher.

What do you guys think? Is Drummond the player holding us back?

(Mind you, Drummond is my favorite NBA player, but team trumps player in my book. Unless your name is Isiah Thomas.

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

Default Re: Is it time to trade Drummond?

I think Drummond's value is very high this might be the best time to trade him. I have a feeling his stats will go down next season due to Griffin and a healthy Jackson. If Drummond is on board to be the 3rd option, be more aggressive, and play his role than he should stay. Otherwise the Pistons should get some pieces that will fit better around Blake. Get a pick perhaps, some shooters of course, and a decent big man that can defend is more than adequate. Griffin gave DeAndre Jordan plenty of easy shots and lobs and DJ is less skilled than Dre.

NBA lottery pick

Even if this team landed an all-star PG or somehow Reggie just started playing out of his mind this is still not a contender. The Clippers couldn't win with CP3, Blake, and Jordan. How on earth did SVG think the Pistons were going to with Drummond, Griffin, and Reggie???? The problem is I don't see SVG just blowing it up. He'll make a move to stay mediocre. He may get some draft picks. Then he'll not develop those players and they'll be busts. There are things I like about SVG. He is great in the fact that he is transparent and it really honest with the media. His vision is just so off. So yes, we may need to look into trading Drummond. Although I think they already have. But they also need a change in management. The team needs a fresh start. They've been so stupid with this rebuild. It's been a decade that this team has been very mediocre which sucks in my book. Chicago has better young talent and looks like they will be better built for the future than us. Indiana certainly does. Milwaukee for sure is too. Even if Cleveland loses Lebron they still have a lottery pick and an all-star there as well. We have Reggie Jackson, Andre Drummond, and Blake Griffin. We have nobody on the wing right now. Johnson has shown a few signs of life. Typically when he plays good the team actually does decent. But his offensive game is so weak that usually never happens. Ellenson will obviously never get a real shot to play. Kennard has the promise to be a pretty solid player. I just don't trust the coach with him. And that's our young talent. Pretty weak. I'm just getting really bummed out with this team constantly making obvious mistakes. It almost just needs to be completely blown up.

NBA lottery pick

I kinda like this article. It talks about how SVG always tried to win and didn't tank. https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.1c7d1a6e28e6

He tried and the team still isn't good. Not all his fault, but there's definitely plenty to blame.