Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Jamal Crawford has been in the NBA for 19 years.

Im sure that makes you feel either really old or really young.

You can guess which it is for me.

Hes been looking and playing the same since Clinton was in office and hes still decent now.

I bet he wont even retire this year. Why would he? Hes made 120 milllion to (mostly)come off the bench for two decades. Keep stacking that vet minimum pay. A lot of ankles cant wait to see him go though....

Default Re: Jamal Crawford has been in the NBA for 19 years.

That's one of the reasons why he's aging great. What's his total minutes per game since entering? He was built to be six man of the year.

Bulls | Bears | W. Sox ballinhun8's Avatar

I actually remember hating that we traded for him cuz I was way bigger on El-Amin being the PG of the future for us

Quote Originally Posted by Draz
    That's one of the reasons why he's aging great. What's his total minutes per game since entering? He was built to be six man of the year.
    A lot of guys; ego aside, stand to gain from partaking in a 6th man role such as Jamal. Then you have the ego guys that should do it: Melo, AI, but they refused.

Is it really that bad to come off the bench later in your career if that's where/what the team needs you to do? AI or Melo as an example. Is it more about ME ME ME than the team's winning efforts? Has it always been that way for certain players?

I'm sure guys like Jamal could start at one point in his career but he did what the team needed.

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    I actually remember hating that we traded for him cuz I was way bigger on El-Amin being the PG of the future for us
    Don't feel so badly, I remember when a lot of Warriors fans were around 60/40 on keeping Stephen Curry or Monta Ellis (Curry mostly due to being injury prone) but sometimes it works out in your favor and sometimes it does not.

I also think about OKC and its Ibaka/Harden blunder. And if we really want to be mean, BKN and its aggressive acquisition of Paul Pierce and KG and what they gave up. The Knicks also gave up many, many assets for Melo who got them out of the first round I believe one single time.

Another reason for his longevity is his lack of hustle. He doesn't go for rebounds or loose balls at all which leads to less wear and tear on his body.

For his career he averages 2.7 rebounds per 36 minutes.

GOAT at 4 point plays though. He has 47 4 pt plays for his career, almost double 2nd place Redick at 25.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    Another reason for his longevity is his lack of hustle. He doesn't go for rebounds or loose balls at all which leads to less wear and tear on his body.

GOAT at 4 point plays though. He has 47 4 pt plays for his career, almost double 2nd place Redick at 25.
    Clearly he has that "135 pounder shoot and fall" technique on lock

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz

This.

The guy is a top 5 worst defender in the NBA and he gets way overrated because he has ridiculous handles.

He is weak physically which does make contact more noticeable. However i think his handles/quick release/high release point are really what cause him to get fouled on 3s so often.

Guys will be right up on him and think they can block his shot but they really have no chance. He pulls up right in their face.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    Clearly he has that "135 pounder shoot and fall" technique on lock

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

The only thing that makes me feel is disgusted. This fukking scrub is a big part of the reason why the Clippers lost to Rockets in 2015. He's the kind of piece of shit that has a good game once every 5 games and everyone sucks his dick. He's been trash most of his career and that he has lasted this long is embarrassing.
    Last edited by Smoke117; 03-24-2019 at 01:08 PM.

Decent college freshman game3524's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJam2
    A lot of guys; ego aside, stand to gain from partaking in a 6th man role such as Jamal. Then you have the ego guys that should do it: Melo, AI, but they refused.

Is it really that bad to come off the bench later in your career if that's where/what the team needs you to do? AI or Melo as an example. Is it more about ME ME ME than the team's winning efforts? Has it always been that way for certain players?

I'm sure guys like Jamal could start at one point in his career but he did what the team needed.
    Melo and Iverson were both highly regarded players. They were generally ranked in the top 10 during their primes. Jamal was never that highly regarded, so it is easier for him to accept a bench role.

Not saying Melo and AI didn't handle it right, but being a franchise guy and then being asked to come off the bench in like three year span is a tough pill to swallow.

Saw a basketball once

3rd ballot HOF when its all said and done

Quote Originally Posted by ballinhun8
    El-Amin was hot garbage. Even after the ACL tear I was pissed we let J Crossover go. And had Duke Jay Will not foolishly wrapped himself around a tree with his crotch rocket, we could’ve moved him in that summers draft to move up to get Flash. D-Wade and J-Craw backcourt duo would’ve been

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855

Hes been looking and playing the same since Clinton was in office and hes still decent now.
    I mean he's been pretty brutal this season. He's had a pretty significant decline this year and isn't even in the ball park of "decent". I could see it being his last year.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
    I mean he's been pretty brutal this season. He's had a pretty significant decline this year and isn't even in the ball park of "decent". I could see it being his last year.
    Decline this season? He hasn't been a positive on the court for years. That he's stuck around this long and isn't playing in China right now is a joke. Throughout his career, even in his prime, he's been more of a negative than a positive. That this clown is still in the league is hilarious.