Default GT - Mavs vs Warriors

Durant led Warriors down 32 early in third quarter at home. Embarrassing. KD 0-6 from three.

Default Re: GT - Mavs vs Warriors

Durant 0-8 from three, 42 point deficit.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Can't understand why most in the forum continue to think the Warriors are the favorite in the West. I'm a fan of them, but I see the team again and again unable to win games that it needs to win, and just don't believe that they can turn on a switch when the PS begins. They've now fallen to second seed, meaning they probably have to play the Rockets in the second round. Is that really what they want? Assuming they get past that, do they really want to cede HCA to the team with the best home record in the NBA?

Curry may be resting (I guess 11 games out with injury earlier in the season wasn't enough rest?), but this loss is still very embarrassing. The players continue to throw out BS, such as Klay's saying the team was locked in, and ready to win all its remaining games. Do they really believe this garbage, are they in denial, or what?

Quote Originally Posted by 4pointshot
    Can't understand why most in the forum continue to think the Warriors are the favorite in the West.
    Because of their offensive fire power and winning 3 of the last 4. But yeah, this is a bad loss considering they're in a tight race for home court advantage, and playing Houston in the second round is dangerous.

It's one thing to coast earlier in the season with nothing on the line, but this close to the end of the season makes you wonder about them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Because of their offensive fire power and winning 3 of the last 4. But yeah, this is a bad loss considering they're in a tight race for home court advantage, and playing Houston in the second round is dangerous.

It's one thing to coast earlier in the season with nothing on the line, but this close to the end of the season makes you wonder about them.
    This team looks like it will falter come playoffs. Maybe they prove me wrong, but I hate their attitude this year. Green and KD's antics put together have made it worse, and empty stats Boogie is not what the team needed.. A huge issue with the team currently is that there's too many cooks in this kitchen. Too many people that need to get their shots.

Tonight was just a bad night, moreso than usual but that's a big problem when everyone plays.

Can't understand why most in the forum continue to think the Warriors are the favorite in the West. I'm a fan of them, but I see the team again and again unable to win games that it needs to win, and just don't believe that they can turn on a switch when the PS begins. They've now fallen to second seed, meaning they probably have to play the Rockets in the second round. Is that really what they want? Assuming they get past that, do they really want to cede HCA to the team with the best home record in the NBA?

Curry may be resting (I guess 11 games out with injury earlier in the season wasn't enough rest?), but this loss is still very embarrassing. The players continue to throw out BS, such as Klay's saying the team was locked in, and ready to win all its remaining games. Do they really believe this garbage, are they in denial, or what?
    This beyond dumb as rocks. What does a player being injured months have to do with them resting enough at this point in time? Idiotic comparison, esp since it's one game.

KD, Green and Klay should also rest 1-2 games before the playoffs.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by hold this L
    This beyond dumb as rocks. What does a player being injured months have to do with them resting enough at this point in time? Idiotic comparison, esp since it's one game.
    You think the 11 games Curry sat earlier in the season don't make a difference in his energy level now? I'm not saying he might not benefit from a rest now, but is it so urgent that the team risks not being the no. 1 seed?

KD, Green and Klay should also rest 1-2 games before the playoffs.
    Green was out even longer than Curry earlier in the season. KD and Klay both missed three games not long ago.

Local High School Star baudkarma's Avatar

What's worrisome if you're a Warriors fan is not just that they're losing games, but they're regularly getting blown out. They've lost 8 games already this season by 20+ points. Last season they only lost 4 games by that margin. The 2016 Cavs only had three 20+ point losses. You get the idea. Here's the search form on Basketball-Reference if any of you want to play with it:

http://bkref.com/tiny/onRGT

You think the 11 games Curry sat earlier in the season don't make a difference in his energy level now? I'm not saying he might not benefit from a rest now, but is it so urgent that the team risks not being the no. 1 seed?

Green was out even longer than Curry earlier in the season. KD and Klay both missed three games not long ago.
    This should never have gotten to this stage. This is what happens when you get lazy, less hungry, KD/Green fighting, and of course.. hubris.

I roll my eyes when Green says "we're winning another championship" Guy hasn't even played like a top 60 player this season. It's like hearing some guy talk shit from the bench during a game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

Curry > KD i've seen enough

KD is the GOAT scorer but his overall impact on the game is nowhere near guys like Curry and LeBron