Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default D. Rose Vs. Westbrook

I've been having argument with one of my friends about D. Rose vs. Westbrook and would like people to intelligently chime in on this.

If you had to account for all attributes (scoring, passing, defense, durability, chemistry with teammates etc.) who would you rather build around?

Keep in mind they are essentially the same player-- scoring and athleticism wise and I understand that D. Rose is a more of an accomplished player than Westbrook is but you can argue that RWB would be capable of the same production if he were leading the Bulls yet he's more durable and plays better defense.

I picked RWB.

Dunking on everybody in the park alexd's Avatar

Default Re: D. Rose Vs. Westbrook

Personally i always thought d.rose was kinda overrated.yeah he s fast athletic but kinda poor shooter.he doesn t make everyone around him better
    westbrook reminds me teodosic (those who watch european basketball will know him ) incredible talent but damn he has low iq.i prefer him over rose because he a hot header.i like his style the scream the nerve that loosing edge.plus he has develop a really smooth pull up.the guy played a physical game with a miniscus tear.he s wolverine.he s vocal.yeah he maybe a pain in the ass sometimes for us and his teammates but u can t say he doesn t give 100% unlike rose

Quote Originally Posted by alexd
    yeah he s fast athletic but kinda poor shooter.

He was one of the best mid range shooters by his sophomore season, then dramatically improved his long ball the next season.

Neither Westbrook or Rose are smart guys, but Rose has the superior basketball IQ, and better feel for the game. He's also less emotional and less retarded so he's the better PG and more coachable. Westbrook has clear cut emotional / attitude issues.

Rose is also probably more athletic. He's a couple inches shorter, less of a wing span than Westbrook, but jumps higher and has better body dexterity. So that makes him a better and more dynamic finisher at the rim.

Rose has a better jumper, and probably overall is just a better overall better due to his mentality, intelligence, feel for the game, and coach ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Solefade
    I've been having argument with one of my friends about D. Rose vs. Westbrook and would like people to intelligently chime in on this.

If you had to account for all attributes (scoring, passing, defense, durability, chemistry with teammates etc.) who would you rather build around?

Keep in mind they are essentially the same player-- scoring and athleticism wise and I understand that D. Rose is a more of an accomplished player than Westbrook is but you can argue that RWB would be capable of the same production if he were leading the Bulls yet he's more durable and plays better defense.

I picked RWB.
    in 2011 against the top 6 teams in the nba derrick rose scored 28 points and 7 assist. russell westbrook had something like 19 points and 5 assists.

Westbrook all day every day

Lebron of ISH

GOATBrook or the mental midget? #thereturn2015

Quote Originally Posted by nathanjizzle
    in 2011 against the top 6 teams in the nba derrick rose scored 28 points and 7 assist. russell westbrook had something like 19 points and 5 assists.
    Exactly.

People forgetting how good Rose was because he's been gone. And frustrated that he hasn't returned yet.

We should trade GOATBrook for Rose.

Westbrook there's no doubt he would've been playing right now if he was Rose. He would have a little better stats if he wouldn't play with KD.

Let's not forget how Rose wet sh*t the bed against the Heat in 2011 and Westbrook had an all time great final performance against them in 2012.

Not a 100% fair assessment, we don't know what kind of production Westbrook could have if he was the #1 option on the Bulls.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

He was one of the best mid range shooters by his sophomore season, then dramatically improved his long ball the next season.

Neither Westbrook or Rose are smart guys, but Rose has the superior basketball IQ, and better feel for the game. He's also less emotional and less retarded so he's the better PG and more coachable. Westbrook has clear cut emotional / attitude issues.

Rose is also probably more athletic. He's a couple inches shorter, less of a wing span than Westbrook, but jumps higher and has better body dexterity. So that makes him a better and more dynamic finisher at the rim.

Rose has a better jumper, and probably overall is just a better overall better due to his mentality, intelligence, feel for the game, and coach ability.

Westbrook is playing the way the coach is telling him to play, it's not clear cut who's IQ is higher but yes, I do agree that Rose has better body control but Westbrook is bigger, stronger, and faster with the ball (though he seems a little out of control sometimes).

I think the underlining thing that separates the two distinctly is durability.

Huh...so it's still 2011 where you live? Interesting.

Kobe= 1st round loser secund2nun's Avatar

I'm not fans of either I think they are both overrated and I don't like their high volume low efficiency style, but I will take Westbrook over Rose because of his better defense and durability.

Westbrook's stupid decision making made me for the last 2 or 3 playoffs watching thunder games. He's a great player, but he can lose a lot of games for you too. Too much bone-headed plays.

I don't have that problem with Rose, so I'm taking him.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH

Exactly what I was gonna put.

Rose is just more reliable.

It seems as if a lot of people take the idea of "building around" Westbrook for granted. If you take Kevin Durant off the Thunder and replace him with an average forward, the team's success will plummet. If you take Westbrook off the Thunder and replace him with an average pg, the team's success will suffer moderately.

Look around the league at all the Bobcats, Kings, Magic, Raptors, Wizards... these are the kind of team you are more likely to get if you "build around" Russ Westbrook, unless you are extremely fortunate to somehow land a Lebron or a Durant or Duncan as well, at which point you aren't really "building around" Westbrook but one of those guys instead.

IMO Westbrook is significantly overrated.