Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    High School Starter

Default Re: Will Greg Oden be better than Shaq?

ALso.....how can someone say that Oden's footwork is better than Shaq's? LOL

Shaq was huge but he had elite finesse and athleticism as well. He could spin very well and had great footwork.

I do not think Oden is even close to Shaq nor will he ever be.

Oden won't even be better than Hakeem.

Well people here just like to go against any opinion that goes against theirs and are willing to be completely irrational. Shaq sucks now and Duncan is way ahead of Shaq pace wise. The thing is Duncan is a PF, and Shaq is a center, so expect that.

You could say that Jordan was a better Bull than Jay Williams and some jack ass will say...Actually you don't know that because Jay Williams didn't play as long as Jordan. Some stupid as comment like that and you stuck scratching your head. Dude's on this board are ******.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Why is this pissing you off so much? You guys are hating on Oden and none of you have seen him play. You are guessing that he won't be as good as Shaq because he isn't a fat blob that throws his weight around. Davis Robinson dropped 72 in a game, and I'm sure no one thought he would ever do that. Greg Oden will be better than what a lot of people think he will be.
    obviously you are young...

the post says will he be better, yes or no... You want us to praise a kid that you said we havent seen play and claim he is better than a HOF player... You have havent seen him play and you are claiming he is better...

No one has ever presented a case on this board why he will be better than any other center in the league.
    Footwork? When I watch games its never focused on footwork but whats happening upstairs... so to claim he has this great footwork is ridiculous and he has no post game to speak of to support the claim he might have great footwork...

He will probably be good or pretty good but there hasnt been any evidence to say he will be as good as the greats mentioned in this thread....

National High School Star allball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VeeCee15
    Shaq is seriously the most dominant center ever...

U cannot stop the guy.

Put Shaq against Wilt 1on1 and Wilt would get destroyed...look at some of the old Wilt videos...Wilt had nothing on Shaq's athlecism. Yes Wilt was head and shoulders above everyone for his time...but COME ON!

Shaq would also destroy Kareem too..simply demolish him.
    Kareem is like a stick compared to shaq. WHO CARES ABOUT THE SKYHOOK when shaq can just dunk on your @ss all day long.
    get an education on the game son. how many 50 point games has Shaq had? Erick Dampier has given him trouble so did Dennis Rodman. You have no idea how strong Kareem was defensively in his prime do you? Shaq might get his points but Kareem would definitely win the overall battle just like D-Rob used to. As for Wilt, he wasn't just big and didnt just dunk. The man had a wide array of shots and he was very good shot blocker. Shaq has never averaged 30 in a season and he hasnt been playing against Kareems and Wilts. He is physically dominant and like u said about Wilt being head and shoulders above everyone, Shag is bigger than everyone yet he still cant put up numbers like Wilt did. What Wilt did was no fluke. it aint about watching old videos. it's about knowing what the hell youre talking about.

Mars Blackmon Lives!

outlook not so good
    ask me later

On the greatness level, I'll think he'll be up there with Alonzo, Patrick, Deke (wow, did I just rattle of all Georgetown elite centers?)

MLK of NBA Minorities

Free throw.

NBA rookie of the year Rockets(T-mac)'s Avatar

There is very little chance that he will be dominant like Shaq, but anything is possible I need to see him play in the NBA before I can make a more accurate guess. He has the tools to be come a great player on both ends just needs to use the tools and put a lot of work in. He doesn't exactly play like Shaq, he can actually shoot free throws and doesn't have the footwork in the post to get the position in the post that Shaq does.

Not airballing my layups anymore NBAFan's Avatar

I think Oden will have Patrik Ewing's kind of career, very good but always a step behind guys like D-Rob, Hakeem and Duncan. Shaq's better than all of them, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by NBAFan
    I think Oden will have Patrik Ewing's kind of career, very good but always a step behind guys like D-Rob, Hakeem and Duncan. Shaq's better than all of them, btw.

Did I just get plagerized?
    Lol, J/J, I agree with ya fully.

How are you guys saying this when he is yet to even play a single minute in the NBA? Y'all are comparing him to Ewing, Hakeem, Shaq, etc. From what? What he did in Ohio State? How do you guys know he will or will not be as good as Shaq? He's yet to do anything in the NBA. You guys can estimate all you want, but you have nothing to base it on.

You can't judge someone's career when it hasn't even started.

Quote Originally Posted by Richie2k6
    How are you guys saying this when he is yet to even play a single minute in the NBA? Y'all are comparing him to Ewing, Hakeem, Shaq, etc. From what? What he did in Ohio State? How do you guys know he will or will not be as good as Shaq? He's yet to do anything in the NBA. You guys can estimate all you want, but you have nothing to base it on.

You can't judge someone's career when it hasn't even started.
    We can judge, we just can't pressume. Judging is what ISH is all about:)

Quote Originally Posted by hateraid
    We can judge, we just can't pressume. Judging is what ISH is all about:)
    In that case, I presume he'll be a 23/12 player in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by RoseCity07
    Well people here just like to go against any opinion that goes against theirs and are willing to be completely irrational. Shaq sucks now and Duncan is way ahead of Shaq pace wise. The thing is Duncan is a PF, and Shaq is a center, so expect that.

You could say that Jordan was a better Bull than Jay Williams and some jack ass will say...Actually you don't know that because Jay Williams didn't play as long as Jordan. Some stupid as comment like that and you stuck scratching your head. Dude's on this board are ******.
    Duncan at no time in his career was better then 3 peat Shaq....and it was never even close....