Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Great college starter

Default Re: Shaquille O'Neal vs. Wilt Chamberlain 1 on 1

Quote Originally Posted by abuC
    Wilt wasn't 7"6 310lbs, that's what you're missing here.

WILT HAD A 7'8" WINGSPAN AND WOULD MAKE YAO HIS BITCH IN THE WEIGHT ROOM....I DON'T THINK YOU UNDERSTAND.

It appears that '00 Shaq (340 lbs) had a 20-25 lb advantage over '64 Wilt (315-320 lbs).

Los Angeles Times - Oct 7, 1999

Whatever Coach Phil Jackson's requested weight for Shaquille O'Neal was, the center did not meet it--probably didn't even come close--when the Lakers were weighed after the morning practice Wednesday at UC Santa Barbara.

"The more I lift weights, the higher the number's going to be," O'Neal said. "I'm not really concerned about numbers. . . . I'll bust any big man's butt no matter what I weigh."

"I'm not unhappy about it," Jackson said. "He's shown he's in condition out there on the floor. That's the major goal, the guy's in condition so he can get up and down the court."

O'Neal, who has added muscle on his shoulders, said he came in at 340 pounds.

Orlando Sentinel - Oct 31, 1999

He is bigger than ever now, a solid 340 pounds (at least 10 pounds heavier than last season) and has a Hungry Man appetite that demands immediate satisfaction.

Meriden Journal - Sep 6, 1963

Below he slams over 6'9, 240 lb Zelmo Beaty.

Quote Originally Posted by PHILA
    Below he slams over 6'9, 240 lb Zelmo Beaty.

There were no slam dunks back then, i think. So this would have been a lay-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnbizzle
    I honestly believe Shaq would destroy him. I'm sorry old school basketball fans.
    No! RNBizzle, say it aint so! You? YOU!?!
    I will accept your apology, but since YOU HONESTLY SAID IT, it is fact.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Wilt wasn't 7"6 310lbs, that's what you're missing here.
    Are you somehow implying that Yao is better than Wilt?

Quote Originally Posted by Sarcastic
    i think he is simply implying that Yao is more physically dominant than Wilt. Hes probably more skilled too in the post on offense.

Wilt was successful because of his strength and athleticism and i dont think he could overpower Shaq

3-time NBA All-Star

I believe Wilt had a HIGHER REACH than Yao, could jump MUCH higher, and was FAR stronger. BTW, Wilt had a decent outside game, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWrGWuU2Ak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EpVZS26BUs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYq4CWeWaKg
    Last edited by jlauber; 12-11-2011 at 09:15 PM.

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by jlauber
    I believe Wilt had a HIGHER REACH than Yao, could jump MUCH higher, and was FAR stronger. BTW, Wilt had a decent outside game, too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCWrGWuU2Ak

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EpVZS26BUs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYq4CWeWaKg

You also believe Wilt could have beaten a blackhole in a one on one fight and could run in the rain and not get wet.

3-time NBA All-Star

You also believe Wilt could have beaten a blackhole in a one on one fight and could run in the rain and not get wet.
    That's the kind of nonsensical post that I have come to expect from you. In any case, a PRIME Wilt would have gone, up, over, around, and THRU Yao one-on-one...and unless Yao was hitting 20 footers, Chamberlain would have been knocking most of his shots back in his face.

As PHILA pointed out, Wilt was well over 300 lbs at different points in his career. In the mid-60's, when he was at his absolute physical peak (but not as strong as he would be later in his career), he was between 275-290 (and even over 300 in training camp), and was already benching 425 lbs. Of course, he was considerably stronger later in his career. MANY knowledgeable observers would claim that he was the STRONGEST man to ever play the game.
    Last edited by jlauber; 12-11-2011 at 09:29 PM.

Cuba

That's the kind of nonsensical post that I have come to expect from you. In any case, a PRIME Wilt would have gone, up, over, around, and THRU Yao one-on-one...and unless Yao was hitting 20 footers, Chamberlain would have been knocking most of his shots back in his face.

I can't take you seriously anymore, you are so biased it is unreal. No where did I say Yao could beat Wilt in anything, I said he was bigger, period. Someone could make a topic asking about who the tallest player ever was, and somehow you'd fine a way to bring Wilt up. This is basically Bill Brasky or Paul Bunyan tall tales, except you believe every bit of nonsense you type.

You went from being a so-so source of info on Wilt, to being a complete and utter caricature, where anything you "BELIEVE" about Wilt is supposed to be definite proof.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

I can't take you seriously anymore, you are so biased it is unreal. No where did I say Yao could beat Wilt in anything, I said he was bigger, period. Someone could make a topic asking about who the tallest player ever was, and somehow you'd fine a way to bring Wilt up. This is basically Bill Brasky or Paul Bunyan tall tales, except you believe every bit of nonsense you type.

You went from being a so-so source of info on Wilt, to being a complete and utter caricature, where anything you "BELIEVE" about Wilt is supposed to be definite proof.
    You implied that Wilt being smaller than Yao would mean Shaq would be able to "impose his will on him".

Cuba

As PHILA pointed out, Wilt was well over 300 lbs at different points in his career. In the mid-60's, when he was at his absolute physical peak (but not as strong as he would be later in his career), he was between 275-290 (and even over 300 in training camp), and was already benching 425 lbs. Of course, he was considerably stronger later in his career. MANY knowledgeable observers would claim that he was the STRONGEST man to ever play the game.

He also fought a mountain lion, had a 48" vertical and had sex with 20,000 women. I also BELIEVE he figured out cold fusion and found a means of faster than light travel.

PHILA posted two different sources claiming two different weights, like most things Wilt related, I'd put money up that someone asked him how much he weighed and he said 320lbs, then 315lbs. He's supposed to weigh more than Andrew Bynum in 1964.....really?

320lbs?????

285lbs...

7"1 and 7"1 so where is the extra 35lbs of mass??????

Cuba

You implied that Wilt being smaller than Yao would mean Shaq would be able to "impose his will on him".

Where did I say Yao would beat Wilt in a one on one? Look at what jlauber said...

Wilt today would be Kwame Brown

[COLOR="White"]trololol[/COLOR]

Cuba

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Wilt today would be Kwame Brown

trololol

Jlauber / PHILA = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-NjgPDIeSXA