Default NY school says offer to 'change' student grades made to protect kids

A private Jewish school in New York got bad marks from online critics after sending home report cards - along with a letter offering a rosier set of grades for kids' eyes only.

School officials at Yeshiva Ketana of Long Island say the Jan. 8 letter was not an offer to change real grades, but simply an option for parents to show their youngsters a more encouraging set.

"Since our goal is to share accurate information with the parents, and not to discourage or hurt a student, great discretion must be used before allowing your child to view his report card," the letter read.

"If after reviewing the enclosed report card, you would like us to develop a second version of this report card for your son with higher grades, [notify the school]," it continued.
    So? Helpful? Harmful?

Most everyone here can guess my take, but from some on here who believe in participation trophies and everyone getting awards, what do you think of this policy?

My biggest issue was with the bolded sentence. That's the biggest load of horseshit. Want to know why millennials are having trouble finding jobs, and when they do, fitting in? Because they grew up in a world where they did no wrong, nobody was better, and simply showing up is enough to graduate (see: http://edsource.org/2015/governor-si...xit-exam/88698 - kids too dumb to pass the exit exam are now being given diplomas anyway).

Does anyone believe this is actually helping the child prepare for life?

Default Re: NY school says offer to 'change' student grades made to protect kids

Raising a generation of stupid kids that don't know they're stupid.

Banned

Default Re: NY school says offer to 'change' student grades made to protect kids

I am disappointed that my people would sink so low like this. It must be a shitty "progressive" branch of Judaism responsible for this.

We aren't going to keep our Nobel Prize record if we carry on like this.

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

Almost as bad as schools refusing to use red ink when grading papers because it's seen as "aggressive"