Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Good college starter

Default Re: who are the best players in Euroleague?

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Right, they are afraid to go the NBA, where they will suddenly have much better stats and play way better, just like Lawson, Rubio, Jennings, Pekovic, Splitter, etc.

They are so afraid of playing in the NBA, where they would have much better stats.

Give me a break, Pekovic was tearing up the Euroleague on NBA lockout. So did Farmar, Batum, Weems, Krstic, Kirilenko. Bunch of murderers row out there.

So what if Lawson, Jennings , Rubio can't play their game with freedom because their coaches wants to set 6 screens to make a play. They have something we called untapped potential.

There are talents around Euroleague but this is a minor league scene. NBA is the next level. VSpan knew better.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Fiba basketball
    Dirk is the best European player ( I think he is the best player on the world ) but players I named are great too . Krstic just needs a good pg , when he played with Kidd he had 18 or 19 ppg in playoffs and I think thats great . Kirilenko and Navarro are older now but they are still very good . I dont get what you think when you say strictly Europe . McCalleb is great player , you need to get that players improve . He said that he learned to play like this in Partizan and that he wasnt that good before . You just think that if he wasnt drafted he isnt good but you forget that players can improve .
    The only great player in your list was Dirk. Krstic and Kirilenko were solid and Navarro was decent. But great player meant a HOF career. Only Dirk is a HOF bound. Even Pau Gasol and Tony Parker are questionable.

I do understand that players improve but skills and game and measured against the best. NBA is the best league with the best players.

I feel devotion Fiba basketball's Avatar

Teletovic is the best PF in Euroleague. I do really like Lorbek though.
    I think there is no best PF in Euroleague . Teletovic , Savanovic , Lorbek and I think I m forgeting someone but you can only argue who is better and cant say that someone is clearly the best .

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    The only great player in your list was Dirk. Krstic and Kirilenko were solid and Navarro was decent. But great player meant a HOF career. Only Dirk is a HOF bound. Even Pau Gasol and Tony Parker are questionable.

I do understand that players improve but skills and game and measured against the best. NBA is the best league with the best players.
    I dont think that great player means HOF player . But if you look it that way than only Navarro and Diamantidis are going to be HOF players ( if you talk about players that are still playing great ) but there are players like Teodosic ( a lot of awards and medals ) that have a chance of becomeing Hof players because they are still young . And you still didnt awnser what do you think when you say strictly Europe players because you dont know how would they play in Nba .

Good college starter

I dont think that great player means HOF player . But if you look it that way than only Navarro and Diamantidis are going to be HOF players ( if you talk about players that are still playing great ) but there are players like Teodosic ( a lot of awards and medals ) that have a chance of becomeing Hof players because they are still young . And you still didnt awnser what do you think when you say strictly Europe players because you dont know how would they play in Nba .
    Outside of Europe, no one gives a crap Euro HOF or whatever you guys called it. Anthony Parker, corpse of McAdoo, Marcus Brown, Langdon, etc. The best players are in the NBA. Krstic and Kirilenko are beasting in those minor league scene. It's one thing to be great in Europe but its another to be great in the whole wide world. Seriously if Pau Gasol stayed in Europe he will be eating his fellow softies left and right like he always does in Eurobasket. Tony Parker will dust McCalleb taking any shot he wanted.

Give me a break, Pekovic was tearing up the Euroleague on NBA lockout. So did Farmar, Batum, Weems, Krstic, Kirilenko. Bunch of murderers row out there.

So what if Lawson, Jennings , Rubio can't play their game with freedom because their coaches wants to set 6 screens to make a play. They have something we called untapped potential.

There are talents around Euroleague but this is a minor league scene. NBA is the next level. VSpan knew better.
    Give me a break. The average numbers are better in the NBA for those players than they were in the Euroleague. They played worse as a whole in the Euroleague.

Wow, you really are trolling now. Pau and Navarro are absolute locks for the HOF.

Pau Gasol is a lock for HOF.

I think there is no best PF in Euroleague . Teletovic , Savanovic , Lorbek and I think I m forgeting someone but you can only argue who is better and cant say that someone is clearly the best .

Personally, I prefer Fotsis over Savanovic.

Outside of Europe, no one gives a crap Euro HOF or whatever you guys called it.
    What the hell are you talking about? You are out of your mind if you think Navarro isn't a HOF player. The one located in the USA.

You have an EXTREME lack of basic basketball knowledge.

Outside of Europe, no one gives a crap Euro HOF or whatever you guys called it. Anthony Parker, corpse of McAdoo, Marcus Brown, Langdon, etc. The best players are in the NBA. Krstic and Kirilenko are beasting in those minor league scene. It's one thing to be great in Europe but its another to be great in the whole wide world. Seriously if Pau Gasol stayed in Europe he will be eating his fellow softies left and right like he always does in Eurobasket. Tony Parker will dust McCalleb taking any shot he wanted.
    Did you ever watched Euroleague games ? And I m talking aboute top 16 , top 8 and F4 . Krstic and Kirilenko are playing very good but arent beasting .

Personally, I prefer Fotsis over Savanovic.
    I m not a big fan of Fotsis . Question for you , on what day and in what time do Oly and Pao play against each other in greek cup ?

Did you ever watched Euroleague games ? And I m talking aboute top 16 , top 8 and F4 . Krstic and Kirilenko are playing very good but arent beasting .
    Of course he's never seen a Euroleague game in his life. He claimed Batum was "beasting", when he was playing in the first stage of the season, on a bad team, shooting 40% from the field, averaging 5 turnovers per game, and playing absolutely zero defense.........and getting shut down totally by players like Pelekanos and Micov.

This is considered "beasting" to him. Never mind that Batum is playing better in the NBA than he was in the Euroleague. Just ignore comments from people like Rooster. They just troll incessantly whenever the Euroleague comes up.

I m not a big fan of Fotsis . Question for you , on what day and in what time do Oly and Pao play against each other in greek cup ?

They haven't set the date yet. They still have to play the semifinals, which is a 2 game home and home series. The winners of the aggregate score go to the finals.

It's Panathinaikos vs. Kavala in one semifinal series and Olympiacos vs. PAOK in the other semifinal series. The winners of those series then face each other in the single elimination final.

If I remember correctly, last year they did not have the Cup semifinals until some time in March, and I believe that the Cup final was some time in May.

You can watch the Olympiacos - PAO derby from Sunday here if you want:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNOrUi3i9a8
    Last edited by Euroleague; 02-15-2012 at 02:49 PM.

Of course he's never seen a Euroleague game in his life. He claimed Batum was "beasting", when he was playing in the first stage of the season, on a bad team, shooting 40% from the field, averaging 5 turnovers per game, and playing absolutely zero defense.........and getting shut down totally by players like Pelekanos and Micov.

This is considered "beasting" to him. Never mind that Batum is playing better in the NBA than he was in the Euroleague. Just ignore comments from people like Rooster. They just troll incessantly whenever the Euroleague comes up.