Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Love has only to lose by returning to Cleveland

If they win this year and repeat next year with Love, people will say he was part of a champion team anyway and him being there didn't matter.
    And if they don't win, well then he's basically going to be the the scapegoat and get all the sh*t in the world thrown at him.

NBA Legend

Default Re: Love has only to lose by returning to Cleveland

It was retarded to trade Wiggins for him in the first place. I said as much at the time.

LeGM made some GREAT moves throughout the year, but Chris Grant really dropped the ball with this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Akrazotile
    It was retarded to trade Wiggins for him in the first place. I said as much at the time.

LeGM made some GREAT moves throughout the year, but Chris Grant really dropped the ball with this one.
    Chris Grant? You mean Griffin.

Banned

Love should get the f*ck out of Cleveland, playing 3rd wheel, shitty weather and dealing with Ledramaqueen.

Not worth it.

NBA Legend

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    Chris Grant? You mean Griffin.
    Hah, yeah, David Griffin. Whatever the **** his name is.

You make a fair point about Love.

If you go back and look at threads last summer, the majority of true Cavs fans on here wanted to keep Wiggins. It was other people telling us we are stupid and we can go into win now mode if we got Love.

As far as I what I would want as a Cavs fan...... I would be more focused on keeping this team together. Signing Shump, TT and JR should be top priority. If we lose Love, we lose him. We can use that money for a stronger bench next year. With the way TT has come around these playoffs, the PF spot does not scare me at all. We also got Varejao coming back healthy next year and will be expected to play less minutes now with Mozgov around. Depending too much on Varejao to play center the last few years is what has hurt him to begin with.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

All he has done is lose in his career. What else would be new? Either take Cleveland's max and play in the Finals every season. Or go back to putting up numbers on lotto teams.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    You make a fair point about Love.

If you go back and look at threads last summer, the majority of true Cavs fans on here wanted to keep Wiggins. It was other people telling us we are stupid and we can go into win now mode if we got Love.

As far as I what I would want as a Cavs fan...... I would be more focused on keeping this team together. Signing Shump, TT and JR should be top priority. If we lose Love, we lose him. We can use that money for a stronger bench next year. With the way TT has come around these playoffs, the PF spot does not scare me at all. We also got Varejao coming back healthy next year and will be expected to play less minutes now with Mozgov around. Depending too much on Varejao to play center the last few years is what has hurt him to begin with.
    Cleveland will have no extra money if Love leaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nash
    If they win this year and repeat next year with Love, people will say he was part of a champion team anyway and him being there didn't matter.
    And if they don't win, well then he's basically going to be the the scapegoat and get all the sh*t in the world thrown at him.
    Do you really think that is the main priority in Kevin Love's decision making? If I win a title I won't get as much credit because I missed last year with an injury? Jesus Christ you guys are cynical.

I think he'd rather re-sign, win a title, and look at his trophy shelf in 20 years and smile back at his career remembering his championship instead of leaving so he can have worse odds at a title so that he can get more credit from a bunch of idiots online.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
    Do you really think that is the main priority in Kevin Love's decision making? If I win a title I won't get as much credit because I missed last year with an injury? Jesus Christ you guys are cynical.

I think he'd rather re-sign, win a title, and look at his trophy shelf in 20 years and smile back at his career remembering his championship instead of leaving so he can have worse odds at a title so that he can get more credit from a bunch of idiots online.
    Does Bosh really get that much credit for his titles?

Hell, Bosh was more essential since he was one of Miami's few competent big guys, and defended really well.

Love, in this Cleveland team, is a role player, liability on defense, there are like 10 guys that can fill in the Love role in Cleveland and they wont skip a beat.

TT has improved significantly this season.......klove isnt a priority...evident from these playoffs.

Just get better bench players

Quote Originally Posted by Jailblazers7

Sure, I agree with you. Taking the extra money Cleveland can give you and guaranteed deep playoff runs runs next 5-7 years is awesome but this whole thing still made for a shitty situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    Does Bosh really get that much credit for his titles?

Hell, Bosh was more essential since he was one of Miami's few competent big guys, and defended really well.

Love, in this Cleveland team, is a role player, liability on defense, there are like 10 guys that can fill in the Love role in Cleveland and they wont skip a beat.
    Do you think Bosh really care thats much? He won 2 titles and experienced success on a level he would never get to without joining the Heat. After he retires nobody will really care about "credit" except ISHers arguing Lebron vs. Jordan. All that will matter to him is that when he is introduced on TV or at an appearance it will be as "2x NBA champion Chris Bosh."

College superstar

Love is not "significant" enough for people to say that he only won because he was part of a championship team. Yes, there will always be a few haters on even the worst scrub, but I don't think enough people care about Love's "legacy" for there to be a meaningful conversation about how or if he wins championships. I believe it's understood that on any championship squad he would be at best the 2nd or 3rd best player.

History made 2016 El Gato Negro's Avatar

People are desperate for love to get out of the land because they are scared of what this team will be with him. No one wants to see the cavs competing for chips the next five years.