Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Joakim Noah tells Derrick Rose critics to "shut up!"

Quote Originally Posted by SCdac
    dude brought it on himself with a year long marketing campaign in which he and adidas profited IMO...

People were rightly expecting to see him on the floor anytime between the all-star break and now.

The ad didn't give a date. And he really believed he was on schedule and worked very hard to get back. Sometimes things happen.

RETIRED, ISH 2008-2013 willds09's Avatar

thats prolly how they won game 1, noah got fed up.

dude brought it on himself with a year long marketing campaign in which he and adidas profited IMO...

People were rightly expecting to see him on the floor anytime between the all-star break and now.

How much did they profit? Are those new sneakers he is running in? I dont keep up with the latest bball sneakers.

Banned

When he got injured, most people were saying that he should just miss the whole season. Now everyone is crying that he didn't play... I don't get it.

I can't wait until he comes back next season so everyone will shut up about this.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    The ad didn't give a date. And he really believed he was on schedule and worked very hard to get back. Sometimes things happen.
    I'm not insinuating rushing him back or anything, reality is reality, but I do think the public was genuinely mislead through out the season.

The frustration did not come out of nowhere. Maybe it's not fair to Rose, but it's understandable IMO.

For instance, when Blake Griffin missed his entire rookie season. It was established and understood, whereas Rose and his camp lead people on to an extent.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    How much did they profit? Are those new sneakers he is running in? I dont keep up with the latest bball sneakers.
    Yes, it was all marketing for his new adidas shoe... I don't know the exact dollar amount... But I saw boat loads of commercials and online ads especially in the first half of the season... He was also drafted in every single fantasy team I was a part of or witnessed (ie. there was an expectation of #the return)

I think people would mind a lot less if his team mates weren't playing their hearts out and scrapping for everything every minute on the floor. Noah is bossing on a plantar fasciitis and husting for every rebound, lose ball; Nate is getting beat up every time he's on the floor and he's still raining down clutch shots; Butler is playing 48 mins every game guarding the opposing best player and still putting up some offensive production. etc etc. It's tough to stomach that when you see that your franchise player was physically cleared months ago and is waiting for his muscle memory to bump up from 90% to 100%.

I'm not going to lie: yes, I have lost respect for him in this whole ordeal. But it is his body and he ultimately knows best. I am not willing to lose a part of our best player on a long term basis because of this playoffs, which we don't really have a shot at winning in all honesty. I still believe that Rose is 100% committed to the game and the Bulls... but, yeah, if that was Westbrook, he would have been back months ago, no doubt about that.

Yes, it was all marketing for his new adidas shoe... I don't know the exact dollar amount... But I saw boat loads of commercials and online ads especially in the first half of the season... He was also drafted in every single fantasy team I was a part of or witnessed (ie. there was an expectation of #the return)
    Ahhhhhhh gotcha, I didnt know about that honestly.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    Big Rose fan, but Rose has hurt himself.

Don't tell me you're all the way healthy, but just not mentally ready to play or your muscle memory won't allow you to play like you were...so you don't want to play.

This is about his "expectations" he wants to look like MVP Rose. I would have all the respect in the world for him, if he played 20 minutes as a jumpshooter of the bench or something. Joakim is being a good friend, and I'd say the same things if I were on the team, but if I'm on a team that's good enough to win a title and I'm the best player and healthy enough to play.....YOU PLAY. You never know when you'll get this opportunity again. His reasoning for not playing just doesn't really fly to me in this situation.

I mean you have the opportunity to walk off the street and play the Heat....any player in the world and any former player would kill for the chance to be out there, and this guy only has to say "I'm Ready" and he has the chance.

If he has something else going on...fine. But if you are just giving yourself extra time....I don't get it. This story would not be a big deal if he'd have just said a long time ago that he's out for the year, people would've forgotten about him really until he was ready. If he still says it, it would help him.

Mentally not ready? WTF is that?

How do you know that he is "physically" ready to play? Has a Doctor come out and said that? This is what was said:

Sam Smith (who has covered the Bulls for years) said that he has never heard a Doctor come out and say that Derrick Rose has been cleared to play. He said that this story got out there from a front office guy who reported it to ESPN and even then it was said that he was, "cleared to return to practice," not cleared to return to game action.

He also said that Derrick Rose has not been scrimmaging with his teammates because that is not the way that Thibs coaches his team -- meaning they rarely have scrimmages. So, according to Sam Smith, that report is false. The guy has been practicing, shooting around but not scrimmaging on a regular basis -- hardly ready to be tossed into game action.

Everyone wants to point to Adrian Peterson. But like Adrian Peterson himself points out, he even had the benefit of training camp before returning to game action for the Vikings.

Joakim Noah tell Derrick Rose critics "shut up, we don't want him taking Nate's spot!"

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

I'm not insinuating rushing him back or anything, reality is reality, but I do think the public was genuinely mislead through out the season.

The frustration did not come out of nowhere. Maybe it's not fair to Rose, but it's understandable IMO.

For instance, when Blake Griffin missed his entire rookie season. It was established and understood, whereas Rose and his camp lead people on to an extent.
    I think someone in the Bulls front office put Rose in a bad spot. After someone leaked the whole "cleared to return to practice" story to ESPN the guy was put in a "no win" situation. What was Rose supposed to say? I'm missing the whole year despite what the front office is telling you?

Months ago the Bulls front office should have just come out and said that we are shutting him down for the year.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Or in this case, don't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by TheTruth11
    How do you know that he is "physically" ready to play? Has a Doctor come out and said that? This is what was said:

Sam Smith (who has covered the Bulls for years) said that he has never heard a Doctor come out and say that Derrick Rose has been cleared to play. He said that this story got out there from a front office guy who reported it to ESPN and even then it was said that he was, "cleared to return to practice," not cleared to return to game action.

He also said that Derrick Rose has not been scrimmaging with his teammates because that is not the way that Thibs coaches his team -- meaning they rarely have scrimmages. So, according to Sam Smith, that report is false. The guy has been practicing, shooting around but not scrimmaging on a regular basis -- hardly ready to be tossed into game action.

Everyone wants to point to Adrian Peterson. But like Adrian Peterson himself points out, he even had the benefit of training camp before returning to game action for the Vikings.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...-vs-miami-heat

With many of his teammates fighting through injuries and illness to play, former Bulls player and current TNT analyst Steve Kerr said last week that Rose owed it to his team to play if he is healthy. Asked about that sentiment, Rose said Monday: "Everybody has their own opinion. The key words that he said is, 'if I'm ready.' Right now, I'm not ready, so I'm just trying to take my time and just really, really be smart."

Rose has been scrimmaging 5-on-5 since Feb. 18 and has been medically cleared to play for two months, but he still doesn't feel confident that his body is ready for game action.

"It's definitely hard but I know that this will be over with pretty soon. Who knows when it's going to stop, but I can't just get down on myself," Rose said Monday.

Thibs has said that he's been practicing and was the best player on the floor.

If there's anything physically wrong with his legs, then yes. Get all the way healthy. I can't support this mentally ready sh*t. Just can't.

5-time NBA All-Star

He expected to return. He worked really hard. He didn't see the bump in the road. He is supposed to be optimistic. I think he feels that on any given day the limp in his stride might correct itself. Rose needs his balance to do what he does. But its our guess work and it always was.

Quote Originally Posted by sipitri
    He should be back as a morale booster not as a ****ing superstar. Some minutes off the bench would could make a huge impact on his teammates.
    and why do you know this better than HIS TEAMMATES?