Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Apart from stats, what has CP3 accomplished?

On the Hornets, he had Tyson Chandler, one of the best defensive bigs, and David West one of the best post scorers in the league. What did CP3 accomplish with the Hornets?

In LA, CP3 has one of the most stacked teams in the league. What has CP3 accomplished?

What has CP3 done to prove himself to be the #1 PG in the league right now and an all time great?

Dunking on everybody in the park

Default Re: Apart from stats, what has CP3 accomplished?

He has accomplished the excuse that his teamates sucks on any team he plays, so his lack of winning success in playoffs is not his fault.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen1
    He has accomplished the excuse that his teamates sucks on any team he plays, so his lack of winning success in playoffs is not his fault.
    David West and Tyson Chandler are really good doe

always kind of felt this way about Paul. We'll see after this season though. Solid team, not horrible coach, and some good players (Griffin really improving, JJ playing well when he wasn't hurt, and DJ improving defensively)
    I think he needs to make a good playoff run this year.

Local High School Star

He helped State Farm increase their annual revenue by 2.356%, and made their stock portfolio more attractive to investors than ever.
    Thank you Cliff Paul.

Banned

exact what kobe accomplished without phil jackson

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

These topics are always annoying. About anyone. "Other than ____ what has ____ even done!" as if the _____ isn't omitted just because reality as it is doesn't paint the picture the person is looking for. If you need qualifiers or to omit anything....you probably don't have a good point to make.

Nobody is gonna disregard that hes third behind Stockton and Magic in assists per game. Or that hes led the NBA in steals 5 times. Hes 5 times all NBA and all D team. Hes a 6 time all star at 27. His resume looks better half way through his career than some HOF points look completed.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that hes on a short list of the best pick and roll runners of all time behind Stockton and Mark Price. Or that hes one of the best points ever when it comes to doing what his team needs at the moment....hes about as capable a scorer as the point guard position has seen in 20 years but hes also as good a playmaker as any have been in that time. Hes a good defender. Has a great command of his team...the respect of his teammates...and hes performed well in the playoffs. He can run the break like few ever and operate in the halfcourt like few ever.

There is nothing you can say about his team success you cant say about Oscar Robertsons. Neither won more than one playoff series in a season as their teams best player. But Oscar is considered all time great for the same reason Paul will be.

An appreciation of basketball not being clouded by nonsense and hate.

Wanna know why Paul is going down as an all time great point guard?

He plays basketball better than most point guard ever did.

How is that hard to grasp?

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    These topics are always annoying. About anyone. "Other than ____ what has ____ even done!" as if the _____ isn't omitted just because reality as it is doesn't paint the picture the person is looking for. If you need qualifiers or to omit anything....you probably don't have a good point to make.

Nobody is gonna disregard that hes third behind Stockton and Magic in assists per game. Or that hes led the NBA in steals 5 times. Hes 5 times all NBA and all D team. Hes a 6 time all star at 27. His resume looks better half way through his career than some HOF points look completed.

Which has nothing to do with the fact that hes on a short list of the best pick and roll runners of all time behind Stockton and Mark Price. Or that hes one of the best points ever when it comes to doing what his team needs at the moment....hes about as capable a scorer as the point guard position has seen in 20 years but hes also as good a playmaker as any have been in that time. Hes a good defender. Has a great command of his team...the respect of his teammates...and hes performed well in the playoffs. He can run the break like few ever and operate in the halfcourt like few ever.

There is nothing you can say about his team success you cant say about Oscar Robertsons. Neither won more than one playoff series in a season as their teams best player. But Oscar is considered all time great for the same reason Paul will be.

Exactly. Finally somebody gets it besides myself.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

If asked what is lacking in Chris Pauls game as a point guard you know what a lot of his haters would have to say?

"Making it past the second round"

Which really says it all. There is no basketball argument against Chris Paul being an all time great. Hes a half step from flawless far as his point guard skillset.

Chris Paul is a brilliant....just...****ing brilliant point guard.

The rest is just people mad on the internet because that's how people on the internet act.

Absolutely nothing...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

If asked what is lacking in Chris Pauls game as a point guard you know what a lot of his haters would have to say?

"Making it past the second round"

Which really says it all. There is no basketball argument against Chris Paul being an all time great. Hes a half step from flawless far as his point guard skillset.

Chris Paul is a brilliant....just...****ing brilliant point guard.

The rest is just people mad on the internet because that's how people on the internet act.
    But the only time anyone says that is when people place Paul as the clear cut 2nd best pg ever....or clearly better than the likes of Kidd or Stockton...etc.

I don't see many people, if any, deny the brilliance of Chris Paul. I think he could go down as the 2nd best pg ever. But he actually has to do stuff....like get past the 2nd round with more than capable teams. Every other player in history is judged on that...not sure why Paul wouldn't be.

He wants to be known and better than Kidd and Stockton...make some noise in the playoffs. I think that is fair...

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Someone who gets it.

It's a shame how people treat all-time great players who are still in the league, it isn't until that player is in their mid 30's when they truly realize how great of a player he really is. In the past 12 hours I have heard some say how Price and Stockton were better players than CP3 which is ridiculous, some feel like these past players have no flaws. It's ok, 10-20 years from now people will truly realize how great CP3 was/is. It's a shame some can't recognize true greatness in the moment.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    But the only time anyone says that is when people place Paul as the clear cut 2nd best pg ever....or clearly better than the likes of Kidd or Stockton...etc.

I don't see many people, if any, deny the brilliance of Chris Paul. I think he could go down as the 2nd best pg ever. But he actually has to do stuff....like get past the 2nd round with more than capable teams. Every other player in history is judged on that...not sure why Paul wouldn't be.

He wants to be known and better than Kidd and Stockton...make some noise in the playoffs. I think that is fair...
    Paul is CLEARLY better than Stockton, open your eyes.

agreed, before me and my buddy were arguing cp3 vs westbrook i told him call me when cp gets to an nba finals