Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 07-31-2007, 03:18 AM   #1
ScottStuart
Kids at the park dunk on me

Default OT-How do I win an unemployment appeal.

Me and a buddy got terminated from the same company a year ago. I was wrongfully terminated, he was not. We both said we got laid off and collected unemployment. We both received letters in the mail saying we got fired and they needed to hear our response. I ignored it my buddy responded to it and beat the case. Since I ignored it I went to trial with my witness. I told the secretary that I had a witness and the secretary was to tell the judge but she failed to. When my hearing started (over the phone hearing) the judge never called on my witness and I was never able to use my witness. I ended up losing an dhad to backpay what I made. I appealed saying I got wrongfully terminated and was never able to use my witness, and I lost the appeal they said that wehn the judge said "anything further" I never called on my witness. I thought the judge would call on the witness since I informed the secretary of having a witness, so I have until August 30th 2007 to appeal again. What's the procedure. Do I keep appealing until I win or what happens next. It seemed like when I appealed the first time, they ignored my written appeal and just re listened to the case they had on record. I just don't want to pay back $2000 that I feel I should have gotten b/c of being wrongfully discharged. Thanks.
ScottStuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:21 AM   #2
cabz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Default Re: OT-How do I win an unemployment appeal.

Lazy ass mofo... shouldn't have been on unemployment in the first place. And regardless of that, if you were too dumb to follow up with the paperwork after, you definitely don't deserve to be whining about it now.

cabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:28 AM   #3
ScottStuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabz
Lazy ass mofo... shouldn't have been on unemployment in the first place. And regardless of that, if you were too dumb to follow up with the paperwork after, you definitely don't deserve to be whining about it now.

Ok? If you can help answer my questions, that would be helpful. Thanks bro. God Bless.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:31 AM   #4
kumquat
College superstar

Cmon man this is a basketball board, you could be receiving advice on issues like this from hawker.
kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:33 AM   #5
cabz
Can barely lace up my sneakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottStuart
Ok? If you can help answer my questions, that would be helpful. Thanks bro. God Bless.

I may have been more helpful if this was in the off topic board...
cabz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:33 AM   #6
ScottStuart

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumquat
Cmon man this is a basketball board, you could be receiving advice on issues like this from hawker.

for sure, I figured someone would know SOMETHING, but it's all good, doesn't hurt to try though.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:46 AM   #7
shadow
Laker fan here

depending on how much you owe including any interest etc if applicable, it might be a good idea to go consult an attorney and pay them for a couple of hours or so to get a better idea of how to approach this.

You cannot keep appealing btw. Once you lose a case you have the right of appeal, and if the appellate court rules against you you're done.
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 03:49 AM   #8
ScottStuart

I think that's what I'm gonna do. I appealled the first time and lost but they said I could appeal again. I'm gonna find time to talk to a lawyer before the deadline of August 30th and see waht he has to say. I just figured I'd post it here first to see if anyone knows any ways around it because I was legitimately wrongfully terminated. It's $2070 that I owe which if I HAVE to pay it back I will but I'd much rather keep that in my pocket.
Old 07-31-2007, 03:53 AM   #9
kentatm
NBA Legend

this is why you go to a lawyer in the first place. hell even a first year law student would have been able to help you.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: