Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Pelicans PF Julius Randle interested in Suns

Bkn is the main option I’m looking at for him. Provide some interior scoring and fits on a team that can run. he’s been good on two of the faster teams in the league in the lakers and pelicans. Don’t like a fit on the kings, they prefer Tobias or a center who can defend. Dallas might work but they have two guys who will have the ball a lot already and hardaway to lead their bench. Porzingis is the type of defender you want playing with randle however

[QUOTE=Patrick Chewing]Why would anyone want to play in Phoenix? That

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Will he move the needle for them? They need defense or someone willing to play it.
    his fit is very questionable. doesn't play a lick of defense and his scoring comes primarily from the same areas Deandre Ayton scores from...I don't like that. we need a PF that can hit 3's at a more respectable rate and play defense.

Friendliest Poster :) E_Stamkos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Don't like the fit unless he's good with playing a role off the bench...kind of like a Lou Williams...come in with the 2nd unit and play limited minutes.

Suns need defense and shooting.
    Was he not primarily coming off the bench in NOLA? I think he was.

I wonder how much he's going to command. That'll determine everything.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bosnian Sajo
    Julius Randle is such a good player...Aggressive rebounder, aggressive scorer in the paint (56% from the field for the Lakers in 17-18), strong defender who won't get bullied down low...and now, he has a pretty consistent three point shot. He's the perfect small ball center. I would love to somehow see him back in the purple and gold but just don't see anyway that could get done. Love his game though and will forever appreciate him and be a fan of his.

Stop watching basketball. You clearly don't understand anything that is going on the court if you think Julius Randle is and I quote a "strong defender"...jesus christ. I could drink a bottle of bourbon right now and then wake up in a drunken stupor and still give you a decent analysis of basketball defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Stop watching basketball. You clearly don't understand anything that is going on the court if you think Julius Randle is and I quote a "strong defender"...jesus christ. I could drink a bottle of bourbon right now and then wake up in a drunken stupor and still give you a decent analysis of basketball defense.
    Lmao....strong defender as in physically strong you moron, he wont get pushed down in the paint by other teams big guys. His defense lacks when it comes to closing out shooters. Randle has a lot of work to do kn the defensive end for damn sure, but he IS physically strong.