Home of the 16

Lightbulb ☆ 2016 Playoffs thread | Laker Forum Edition

With the Lakers obviously out of the playoffs, which team will you be rooting for this post-season? I know a lot of Laker fans/friends who'll be rooting for the Clippers.

Who? & why?

I'll probably root for the Spurs again, just because of the playoff battles between Kobe/Lakers & Timmy/Spurs back in the 2000's. Same reason why I rooted for them during their runs against the Heat. & if they get eliminated, maybe the Warriors, Curry's one hell of a player. That goes for the West.

As for the East, Detroit, for sure. I love what they've done to that team. Incredible.

West:
    1. Spurs
    2. Warriors
    3. Clippers

East:
    1. Detroit
    15. Cavs - All that Lebron drama throughout the season turned me off (15? Meaning I wish they didn't make the playoffs).

Farewell, Kobe.

Default Re: 2016 Playoffs thread | Laker Forum Edition

So many seasons, I was all in Lakers. So sad 3 years in a row and no playoffs..

Guess I will be rooting for the Warriors to repeat.. I wouldn't mind another 3-peat.. nobody has done it since Shaq/Kobe. Although to be selfish, I don't want anyone to 3-peat for a very long time as I want everyone to say "Nobody has done it since the great duo Shaq and Kobe"

Default Why I'm rooting against these teams

1. Toronto Raptors. If this team gets eliminated early AGAIN!, I don't see DeRozan, in his right mind would chose to stay in that cold place where they are constant failures.
    2. Hawks. Yes, I also like Horford and again if the Hawks gets eliminated by a lower seed then what is the point esp when their coach/VP's first order of business in the summer was to take nearly 9 Mil/year contract of a back up center so he can help out the Spurs. Making Splitter earn more than Korver and Teague (less than 3 Mil/year). In so doing, they let Carrol go.
    3. Spurs. No it's not about anything about the Lakers but I just have an utter hatred for ring chasers like David West and Aldridge.