Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default " I believe in fighting through the tough times"- Kobe Bryant

Kobe Bryant isn't ready to start issuing trade demands as the Los Angeles Lakers look like a team that will have a difficult time reaching the playoffs.

"I hear the chatter of Kobe should ask out and he should go and play for a contender in this latter stage of his career," Bryant told Yahoo Sports. "But that's not what I do. I'm extremely loyal to the Lakers.

"I believe in fighting through the tough times as well as enjoying the good times. It's my responsibility to get us to be the best that we can be. It's important that we approach that on a day-to-day basis."

The Lakers are off to a 0-4 start and have already lost Julius Randle and Steve Nash for the season.

"We can't get discouraged by it," Bryant said. "It's a very long season. You just have to stay the course. Keep on looking to improve, keep on looking to get better and things will eventually break.

"I've enjoyed a great amount of success here. You can't just enjoy the successful times and then run away from the bad ones. No, I don't even think about [departing]. I'm a Laker."
    Ladies and gentleman. The fundamental difference between Kobe Bryant and Lebron James.

Please don't give me that BS that he demanded a trade. Actions speak louder than words.

Whose this bitch trying to fool?

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: " I believe in fighting through the tough times"- Kobe Bryant

You knew before you posted this that the logical and obvious reply is Kobe demanding a trade and only remaining a Laker because the Bulls and Lakers couldnt agree on a deal that would let us keep Deng.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kg_lEbanplM

Magic Johnson...the Lakers VP at the time...flat out tells the world it was a real request...and they were trying to work it out with the Bulls. They actually completed a deal to send him to the Pistons for Prince, Rip, Amir Johnson, and a pick. Dr.Buss called him to his house to explain because it wasnt one of the teams Kobe wanted so he would have to waive his no trade clause to be sent.

And Kobe changed his mind then or shortly after.

Talking about "Dont give me that BS". The Kobe fan denial/ignoring of that ordeal in order to paint him as loyal is one of the biggest examples of BS in recent sports history.

You dont get to decide this issue. It isnt anyones opinion. Kobe demanded a trade...and cited losing as the reason. Saying he felt he had no choice.

Not opinion.

Reality.

Millions of fans delt with that annoying drama for weeks. I sat here...reading posts from longtime Kobe fans ready to see him go because he betrayed the franchise after so brief a down time. The topics still exist....

Nobody is ever going to make one of these BS loyalty topics about Kobe and not hear about it.

Basketball Genius

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    You knew before you posted this that the logical and obvious reply is Kobe demanding a trade and only remaining a Laker because the Bulls and Lakers couldnt agree on a deal that would let us keep Deng.

Magic Johnson...the Lakers VP at the time...flat out tells the world it was a real request...and they were trying to work it out with the Bulls. They actually completed a deal to send him to the Pistons for Prince, Rip, Amir Johnson, and a pick. Dr.Buss called him to his house to explain because it wasnt one of the teams Kobe wanted so he would have to waive his no trade clause to be sent.

Talking about "Dont give me that BS"....

You dont get to decide this issue. It isnt anyones opinion. Kobe demanded a trade...and cited losing as the reason. Saying he felt he had no choice.

Not opinion.

Reality.

Millions of fans delt with that annoying drama for weeks. Isat here...reading posts from longtime Kobe fans ready to see him go because he betrayed the franchise after so brief a down time. The topics still exist....

Nobody is ever going to make one of these BS loyalty topics about Kobe and not hear about it.
    tell the whole story.

why aren't you exposing the fact that the lakers front office blatantly lied to him when telling him that they were going to put him in the best position to win since they believed in their infinite wisdom that shaq was done and they didn't want to pay him but instead gave him kwame brown and smush parker and he was stuck with one of the worst rosters in the west for almost six years?

you exposed nothing. in the end they made the moves to get pau gasol to attempt to appease him and got phil back and the rest was history.

Talking about "Dont give me that BS". The Kobe fan denial/ignoring of that ordeal in order to paint him as loyal is one of the biggest examples of BS in recent sports history.

Not opinion.

Reality.

Millions of fans delt with that annoying drama for weeks. I sat here...reading posts from longtime Kobe fans ready to see him go because he betrayed the franchise after so brief a down time. The topics still exist....

kobe didnt leave
    bran did

Very good NBA starter

Not opinion.

Reality.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Not opinion.

Reality.

#ether

Then why didn't he do it in 2007?

Why do Kobe and Lebron fans actually care where they stay or if they stick to the one team. It doesn't matter for you guys, you are going to be supporting the team they're on anyway.

Nothing wrong with it either. Support a team or a player.

Not opinion.

Reality.

Yea tell the one sided story, but not the true story. Well, that's what haters do tho

Anyways, Lakers been with the Lakers 19th season.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Then why didn't he do it in 2007?
    He didn't? Never played a game for another team.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Who said I exposed anything? Its all very well known. We sat here listening to hour long special on the issue...radio interviews...500 post topics....speculation and trade rumors. Reports on Kobe telling season ticket holders he was gone....im not trying to expose a thing....because it all happened too recently and its irrefutable.

The only issue is...people being emotional about it and pretending that not getting a request granted is honestly the same thing as not making one.

Why he asked out is immaterial. And I dont much care that he did.

But it happened. The Bulls not throwing in Deng...does not make Kobe loyal.

It means he was told no.

Being told no...is not the same as not wanting something to begin with.

Not to anyone being rational at least.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

Wow... Kobe might just be the most loyal player of all time. Mad respect.

Quote Originally Posted by tpols
    Wow... Kobe might just be the most loyal player of all time. Mad respect.
    Him and Bron might just be the two best humans ever.

Not opinion.

Reality.

Not opinion.

Reality.

VP was a title and Magic tends to embellish. Dr. Buss would not have traded Kobe. Kobe demanded the trade as a power play to get help. It worked. Regardless, Lakers were playing well and trade talks tied down BEFORE landing Pau. Bynum injured in his knee, then the Kwame-Pau trade happened. Discussion was over.
    Last edited by BigBoss; 11-03-2014 at 02:27 AM.