Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Lakers General Discussion Thread: October, November and December games

Quote Originally Posted by $LakerGold
    What worries me about Kuzma is that the more he makes shots (whether it be wide open shots or contested shots), the more he continues to take bad shots for the hell of it or heat check purposes. It was fun to watch during his rookie year because for a solid month & a half — he shot really well. But it's just getting old & frustrating to watch now especially when his shots aren't falling. He gets really streaky, & I'm not sure if that's how we imagined Kuz to be - just another streaky shooter.
    That essentially means he has to come off the bench.. He can provide that scoring punch off the bench. I don't think he will be a starter in this league, but I see nothing wrong with him being a 6th man.. Lamar Odom and Manu Ginobili took that role and dominated the nba for years. Kuzma can backup both the 3 and 4 very well (maybe the 5 too against certain smaller teams for limited minutes) for years to come. He is best as 3rd option on a very good playoff team..

Default Re: Lakers General Discussion Thread: October, November and December games

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    That essentially means he has to come off the bench.. He can provide that scoring punch off the bench. I don't think he will be a starter in this league, but I see nothing wrong with him being a 6th man.. Lamar Odom and Manu Ginobili took that role and dominated the nba for years. Kuzma can backup both the 3 and 4 very well (maybe the 5 too against certain smaller teams for limited minutes) for years to come. He is best as 3rd option on a very good playoff team..
    I don't care much on who starts and who needs to come from the bench. Yes, Kuzma can be too aggressive with his shots but for me, his main issue is lack of rebounding and defense. If he can improve on that, he can play more than 32 minutes.
    My other issue is Lonzo being so contented on just spot up shooting. He lurks on the 3 pt area and that is about it.
    Very minimal cutting to the basket, barely posting up small players and last but the least not even providing picks for teammates. Steve Nash, even the freaking Steph Curry, Rondo etc provide picks, Lonzo just stand around the perimeter and is contented in watching Lebron play.

NBA All-star

Kuzma is pretty much Jordan Farmar at the 4

Josh Hart is an oversized Farmar

NBA lottery pick

I didn't see the stickied general thread so there isn't a great place to put this but it's looking more and more like the Lakers should have traded Ball instead of Russell. The main difference is Russell is going to need to get paid this year. He deserves it at this point though.