Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Reminder: Duncan in 08-09, without Ginobli, turned in a Lebron like series

Quote Originally Posted by masonanddixon
    WHO WAS THE DEFENSE FOCUSING ON, CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNT?
    Meltdown.

Default Re: Reminder: Duncan in 08-09, without Ginobli, turned in a Lebron like series

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew
    Terry himself almost outscored Wade's second and third leading scorers COMBINED.
    How many shots was Wade taking a game?

How many shots was Wade taking a game?
    23, and he made 11 of them per game.

Dirk meanwhile, made only 7 out of 18 a game.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    Duncan's '10-11 playoff run was even worse.

Took his 61-21 team down the toilet in the first round against a 46-36 Memphis team...and in a series in which he averaged 12.7 ppg on a .478 FG%. In the clinching game six loss, he put up 12 points on 5-13 shooting, with 5 TOs.
    Stubborn Pop had Splitter on the bench until game 4 leaving Duncan to battle Zach and Gasol while covering for Bonner and Blair.

Except Dirk has absolutely been his equal head to head.

The difference being Duncan's VASTLY superior supporting cast.
    Maybe you're forgetting that half of the game is DEFENSE where Dirk doesn't touch TD.

yea his 08-09 and especially 10-11 playoffs were awful, but he gets the pass because of his ring. people dont give enough crdit to Robinsons game and value in the first Timmy years and later the pop, parker, bowen, ginobilli era with other great role players, fitting perfectly due to popovichs work and brilliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Drew

i really dont understand whats yor problem with dirk. i really dont understand. he is mostly appreciate by kobe fans as well (outside illegalD)

Quote Originally Posted by pastis
    i really dont understand whats yor problem with dirk. i really dont understand. he is mostly appreciate by kobe fans as well (outside illegalD)
    I have no problem with Dirk, I have a problem with his stans like masonanddixon and AustisticWater

Quote Originally Posted by pastis

Who exactly are you hurting with these pictures? I was as happy as anyone when the Heat lost.

4 answers in a row

soliloquies

Not1,Not2,Not3,Not4... ninephive's Avatar

Duncan still averaged 20/8 on 53%. I wouldn't say that's too bad. He was just deferring more to Parker because he was playing at an MVP level (29/7/4 on 55% for the series). Too bad those guys had basically zero help that series.

Decent playground baller

Had a 4 point game, got absolutely dominated by Dirk, did nothing on either end of the floor.

It sure is nice though when your backup power forward is a guy who is used to putting up 17/10 as a starter against anyone in the NBA.
    Wasn't this when Duncan was having health issues? People thought he was done, but then he came back healthy a few years later.