Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: LeBron's Defense

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    After going through 0ball's MJ/Shaq defense thread, I was going through NBA.com's player defensive tracking and found something quite interesting:

Of the 7.8 FG's players attempt against LeBron, they've been making only 2.6 of them. Players are shooting 33.3% against LeBron compared to their usual average of 44.4%. A difference of 11.1%. Out of the players, who have played more than 20 games and defended more than 5 shots a game, LeBron has the best differential.
    He's looked really good in spurts this year, more active some games than others. At his best still real disruptive to an offense. His motor isnt as high as it once was, so no more flying around all game. Think the biggest difference is he's entered the picking his spots phase of his career that all stars eventually see. It's perfectly acceptable for pretty much any other veteran, we're talking about lebron here though. One of a kind standards.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon

Think the biggest difference is he's entered the picking his spots phase of his career that all stars eventually see. It's perfectly acceptable for pretty much any other veteran, we're talking about lebron here though. [COLOR="Red"]One of a kind standards.[/COLOR]
    [COLOR="Blue"]Bullshit - his standards are lower than Jordan's - people give him Jordan-props, even though prime Lebron carried much smaller loads to win his only 2 championships in 2012 and 2013 than old man Jordan did to win his 1997 championship:[/COLOR]

[COLOR="White"]..........[/COLOR][COLOR="darkRed"]PROPORTION (%) OF TEAM PTS SCORED WHILE PLAYER ON FLOOR[/COLOR]

[COLOR="White"].........................[/COLOR]RS[COLOR="White"]......[/COLOR]RS 4th[COLOR="White"]....[/COLOR] PO[COLOR="White"].....[/COLOR]PO 4th[COLOR="White"]....[/COLOR]Finals[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] Finals 4th

JORDAN 1997.... 36.0..... 40.1..... 37.7..... 46.3...... 40.9...... 50.4 [COLOR="Green"]<---- these are links to nba.com data[/COLOR]

LEBRON 2012.... 34.2..... 33.8..... 34.5..... 34.9...... 30.0...... 33.3
    LEBRON 2013.... 32.1..... 32.1..... 30.6..... 36.0...... 29.3...... 39.1

[COLOR="darkRed"]PROPORTION OF TEAM PTS + AST WHILE PLAYER ON FLOOR [COLOR="navy"](proportion of TO not subtracted)[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR="White"]........................[/COLOR] PO[COLOR="White"].....[/COLOR]PO 4th[COLOR="White"]...[/COLOR]Finals[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] Finals 4th

JORDAN 1997... 64.0..... 84.5...... 73.6...... 91.1

LEBRON 2012... 69.7..... 63.7...... 72.5...... 62.7
    LEBRON 2013... 67.0..... 75.2...... 75.9...... 75.1

[COLOR="darkRed"]PROPORTION OF TEAM PTS + AST WHILE PLAYER WAS ON FLOOR [COLOR="navy"]MINUS PROPORTION OF TO'S[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR="White"]........................[/COLOR] PO[COLOR="White"].....[/COLOR]PO 4th[COLOR="White"]...[/COLOR]Finals[COLOR="White"]..[/COLOR] Finals 4th

JORDAN 1997... 40.8..... 51.2...... 53.9...... 48.2

LEBRON 2012... 39.1..... 31.6...... 39.7...... 34.1
    LEBRON 2013... 38.1..... 45.7...... 51.9...... 46.5

[COLOR="Blue"]Facts are facts - prime Lebron carried a smaller load to win his rings than old man Jordan did.[/COLOR]

Dunking on everybody in the park

What defense?

Quote Originally Posted by Chokefree
    What defense?

LMAO at this Clown cherry picking an NBA highlights. At least he's still a better defender than Curry.

Bron's defense has actually been underrated this season. He wont make first team over Kawhi, and could get snubbed for 2nd team by either Sefalosha or Kidd-Gilchrist (another underrated defensive forward), but he's positively impacted his teams defensive net rating. For sure.

Those ISO stats are impressive as well. Never been too high on his 1-on-1 defense, but its improved leaps since ~2012 with Miami.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    Bron's defense has actually been underrated this season. He wont make first team over Kawhi, and could get snubbed for 2nd team by either Sefalosha or Kidd-Gilchrist (another underrated defensive forward), but he's positively impacted his teams defensive net rating. For sure.

Those ISO stats are impressive as well. Never been too high on his 1-on-1 defense, but its improved leaps since ~2012 with Miami.
    Kidd Gilchrist played like 2 games.... He'll end up missing more than half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo
    Kidd Gilchrist played like 2 games.... He'll end up missing more than half of the season.
    I actually meant Jae Crowder. Just watched some Charlotte/Laker highlights this morning, and Gilchrist's name must have stuck with me for whatever reason.

National High School Star Fire Colangelo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I actually meant Jae Crowder. Was just watching some highlights of the Hornets, and Gilchrist's name must have stuck with me for whatever reason.
    That I can agree with.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 3ball's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fire Colangelo

And MJ at 50 years old beat this kid in 1-on-1:

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...him-one-on-one

Op is a joke.sad life you must have

Can and admin please ban 3ball? This guy is beyond pathetic. Take your MJ dick sucking shit somewhere else, [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]aggot.

@20four, Yo, midget, I was talking about this season.

@AnaheimDumbass24, Still better than yours. :cheers"

So, after Lue took over, LeBron dropped a whole point and the Cav's as a team dropped a rank defensively.

Dunking on everybody in the park

I'm not sure what to make of these advanced stats. LeBron looks about the same defender to me. I'm not even sure that these stats fully capture LeBron's biggest flaws.

He often forgets about his man when he's guarding off ball. His man then cuts backdoor for an easy layup. If somebody helps and steps in to contest, is he now considered the defender who gets scored on?

I see simillar problem with all the late switches LeBron calls when he doesn't want to put in the extra effort to chase his man around screens. They're often called to late and that leaves his teammates in a position where they are easy to score on. He also often doesn't box out when his man stays on perimeter, which leads to putbacks and tipped rebounds.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Can and admin please ban 3ball? This guy is beyond pathetic. Take your MJ dick sucking shit somewhere else, [COLOR="Black"]f[/COLOR]aggot.

@20four, Yo, midget, I was talking about this season.

@AnaheimDumbass24, Still better than yours. :cheers"
    3ball is admin.

Lebron is a good defender when he wants to be. Sometimes he's lazy tho. He picks his spots defensively. He is still one of the best off ball defenders around. Crazy bball iq and athleticsm