Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: What does Lebron need to retire the GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    Damn near all men experience hair loss, so you shouldn't stress about going through the condition, (actually called androgenic alopecia, hence genetic). You should be more worried about d!ckheads like hoopsfannumero1 thinking its socially acceptable to publicly humiliate people with hair loss. That's where the real problem is. But anyway, just keep it short for now, try not let it bother you, disregard social perception of male baldness and keep an eye out on Dr. Colin Jahoda's work with cloning hair follicle stem cells if it really bothers you that much. PM me if you got other questions.

MJ went fully bald in his twenties... that didn't stop him from having ELITE mentality though like the world has never seen. It's too bad the media keeps sh!tting all over LeBron* about it and making him insecure about his physical appearance.
    This conversation has me for some reason. If it really bothered me I wouldn't bring it up. And rather than trim it short, I'm actually just growing both my hair and beard (which is thick and mighty) super long.

LeBron deserves to be made fun of for his baldness, just because he brings it on himself by oh-so-conspicuously trying too hard to hide it. His facial hair game is on point though. He can work a variety of looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus
    This conversation has me for some reason. If it really bothered me I wouldn't bring it up. And rather than trim it short, I'm actually just growing both my hair and beard (which is thick and mighty) super long.

LeBron deserves to be made fun of for his baldness, just because he brings it on himself by oh-so-conspicuously trying too hard to hide it. His facial hair game is on point though. He can work a variety of looks.
    There was one segment where Kenny Smith, Barkley, Shaq, Webber were all laughing at LeBron*s hairline... that's pretty embarrassing no matter who you are, but Kenny did point out some truth: he said the trick is to keep it short. But yeah, I agree with you, facial hair helps. Unfortunately for me, I cant grow more than a goatee and a few scattered hairs on the sides and thats it. Seems like the hair from my hairline ran away and didn't go anywhere else... well, my pubes are a jungle, perhaps thats where it all went? LOL

Quote Originally Posted by kamil
    There was one segment where Kenny Smith, Barkley, Shaq, Webber were all laughing at LeBron*s hairline... that's pretty embarrassing no matter who you are, but Kenny did point out some truth: he said the trick is to keep it short. But yeah, I agree with you, facial hair helps. Unfortunately for me, I cant grow more than a goatee and a few scattered hairs on the sides and thats it. Seems like the hair from my hairline ran away and didn't go anywhere else... well, my pubes are a jungle, perhaps thats where it all went? LOL
    whoa easy there

please share more ;)

suppose win 4 more titles..which is a tough task given his age.

Quote Originally Posted by Harison
    That ship has sailed, and there is nothing LBJ can do about it anymore. He can continue climbing on All-time list though.
    This.

Banned

Being outperformed by role players doesn't help....lmao

with that MPC swing. Brokenbeat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prometheus

Cuz dude is ass-ugly. Anything that covers his face is an improvement.

Local High School Star 3LiftHeatCurse's Avatar

He needs a time machine to undo his career, because up to this point, it's not as good as His Airness' career.

Quote Originally Posted by Connor B
    What does Lebron have to do to make him the GOAT in your mind?

6 championships with 6 Finals MVPS? More than that?
    5 MVPs? More than that?

I personally would want to see 6 FMVPs with 6 chips, 5-6 MVPs, 1 DPOY, 15+ all star appearances, 30,000 points, 10,000 assists, 10,000 rebounds, 12+ all-NBA first team, 10+ all-nba defensive team.
    That should pretty much do it, was thinking he would need 1 more fmvp/ring or mvp than MJ but then again with more of essentially everything else instead it should be enough...

PS: Lebron will have over 30000 points in about just 3 seasons, max 4... he will end up with MUCH more than that...
    Last edited by pauk; 03-19-2014 at 04:05 PM.

a better servant imo, wade gettin old and bosh serves in non-basketball related ways.

Quote Originally Posted by jlip
    GOAT is basically a matter of opinion. So all he needs is a few more accomplishments (i.e. MVPs, rings), and a new generation of fans who view MJ the way fans of the MJ generation view Russell, Wilt, and Kareem.
    +1
    Be it LeBron or Durant or someone else who enters the GOAT discussions, as years go by, it's almost certain that Jordan's accomplishments will start taking a hit by an increasing number of younger and Jordan-ignorant fans, the same way generations after Wilt-Russell-Kareem-Magic viewed/view their own accomplishments. Maybe not to the same degree, because there is more video archive available for Jordan, but blind faith that "what I viewed = best" will definitely perform its miracles again.
    Heck, we've seen young Kobe fans who had started doing so years ago (make a "who's the GOAT" poll among young fans and Kobe will likely finish top-2 in number of votes), and Kobe's potential ceiling isn't as high as someone like LeBron.

Quote Originally Posted by All Net
    suppose win 4 more titles..which is a tough task given his age.
    No way that gets him anywhere close. That would be even with MJ, who was 6 of 6. Leflop has choked twice, once being the biggest choke job in history in the 2011 finals.

That shit doesn't just go away, he would need to make up for them. Also quitting on his home team which is promised a ring to join 2 other top 10 players also knocks him down.

His ceiling IMO is fifth.. which I think is achievable with a few more rings and FMVP. I think a more likely outcome is 6-8.